Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else Have A Surgery Date In July? Excited And Terrified!

My date is July 9th, MONDAY! I was originally told it was july 5th but the surgeon canceled all surgeries on the fifth and sixth I think cause he wanted to holiday. I had to cancel vacation in august due to my husband now having to take vacation days. Instead however we painted the house and bought a new mattress and slay bed! Anyway I am terrified of the worst as well. I have no prior strokes or clots so I dont have reason to worry more than normal but I am...Good luck with your surgery!

This is a prayer that my friend sent to me the night before I had my surgery. She made me promise her that I would say it the day of surgery. I actually was so caught up in everything that I didn't but I did say it the night before and my own personal one right before the surgery. I just wanted to share it in case there's anyone who needs some comfort. Have a nice day. And good luck to everyone who has their surgery today. dde09

Dear God:

Let your hand of loving calm be upon me' date=' bringing rest and peace into my mind and body. Bring to my remembrance the skills of my physcian and his attendants, who have been prepared through the years by the gift of your Spirit.

Help me to recall the history of your grace in my life -- all the trials and dangers, both seen and unseen, from which you have been my Rescuer through the years.

Enable me to know you now. for you have been trustworthy in all your doings. Take away all anxiety from me and those who love me, and let us enter this experience with a sense of adventure, to learn from it how to be more obedient servants.

Through Him who trusted You in everything, even Jesus Christ my Lord.

Amen

[/quote']

Thank you. I am not a "religious" person, but a spiritual one and this was a perfect reading.

I have my insurance approval and am waiting on a date. I too am nervous...I have a 1 year old and panic when I think of worse case scenarios. But I know this will make our lives so much better!

Congrats on ur approval!

i am scheduled 7-24-12......so excited!!!!!! hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whos ur doc in nor cal?

My date is July 9th' date=' MONDAY! I was originally told it was july 5th but the surgeon canceled all surgeries on the fifth and sixth I think cause he wanted to holiday. I had to cancel vacation in august due to my husband now having to take vacation days. Instead however we painted the house and bought a new mattress and slay bed! Anyway I am terrified of the worst as well. I have no prior strokes or clots so I dont have reason to worry more than normal but I am...Good luck with your surgery![/quote']

Im sorry they pulled that with you. Its not like we are not already anxious enough right? I am Monday too and they have messed up my plan as well. They called me just before all the offices closed of Friday to change my arrival time from 1030 to 8. No one to call to find out why or if we can keep original date til 5am on Monday. Surgery day! Very frustrating as I have 2 small kids and am scrambling to find someone to help earlier until my scheduled sitter can arrive. My husband had a very difficult time getting off work and if we have to reschedule its gonna be a real big problem. Good luck to you.

my doctor is in mexico!

I am very sorry you are having schedule problems as well! I have three little ones and a step son so I know what you are going through! The only reason I am not having that problem is because my children with be with their father or I'd be in the same boat as you!

Thank you for that prayer! I know it will bring me great comfort that day, as I am a very religious person. I pray that all of us will get through this just fine and that we all will enjoy the new life we are starting!

Got the sleeve on the 3rd. Pretty serious hernia repair netted me a 6 inch scar and a two night stay. Great hospital staff. Great support from the Mrs. My sympathies for those of you that don't have the support you need.

Today, 4 days out, I've been enjoying the Cooking Channel, and having no major issues. My pain management pump cathetors fell out yesterday, and I still feel no major pain. Some discomfort from the wounds healing and itching. Loritab twice a day does it.

I know i'm not drinking as much as I should. Working on that. Otherwise, life is good. Drain comes out in two days. 10 more days of liquids and then it's me, the blender and a few choice recipes! Would love to polish off a soft egg right now.

Tomorrow is my day !! Have to be there at 5::30 am surgery at 8 I think. Hope to be posting again soon :D

Tomorrow is my day !! Have to be there at 5::30 am surgery at 8 I think. Hope to be posting again soon :D

Good luck just said a prayer for ou!

I get sleeved tomorrow as well.

I get sleeved tomorrow as well.

Good luck to you!

Tomorrow is the day. Will post as soon as I feel up to it. Incredibly emotional and frightened. Trying to keep my head positive. Found out I'm 100% covered and can't believe it. Another sign this is the right thing. Good night!

Tomorrow is the day. Will post as soon as I feel up to it. Incredibly emotional and frightened. Trying to keep my head positive. Found out I'm 100% covered and can't believe it. Another sign this is the right thing. Good night!

Good luck tomorrow I'm feeling the sane way u ate I'm going in Thursday and I'm freaking out crying

tomorrow is the day for me!7/10/2012.i will be sleeved.im still very nervous scared ect ect.everyone keep me in your prayers please!