Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else Have A Surgery Date In July? Excited And Terrified!

I have been going through all the requirements for months and last week I got the okay from my insurance company and received a surgery date from my surgeon. So many emotions and feelings. Excited, anxious, frightened, happy, sad and all while being confident in my decision. Im not afraid of the discomfort or hard work ahead, but terrified of the worst case scenario's they keep telling me. Im a mother of two small children (2 and 4) and am so worried. I know everyone feels this way, but I don't want to back out from fear. Anyone else feeling like that or having surgery in July like me??? Would love to have some peeps to talk with along the way....

and just like that... I am NOT alone. Thank you!

I haven't gotten my date yet, still waiting on insurance approval. I have been told early July is a good possibility! It feels like a "hurry up and wait" situation : ) I am so ready to get this over with!

I haven't received an official approval yet, but my tentative date is July 11th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I am scheduled for July 9th - possibly sooner if surgeon has room on July 2nd, will find out later this week! So nervous and excited too!! You are not alone!! Good luck!!

You have every right to have ALL the mixed emotions. This is my 3rd time to

Go through the approval process. Each time I found a 'reason' not to proceed. Very unsupported family members helped changed my mind. (they do not know about the surgery this time) I Was approved in 2008 for bypass, (thankful now I didnt do the bypass) I know this is what I want, I still struggle everyday. I just think everyday how much this will improve my health and how I want to live healthier for the rest of my remaining life.

I too have a July surgery date - July 24, which is truly a birthday present to myself since my birthday is on July 29. I will celebrating with chicken broth and sf Jello :D !

July 11th here! Yep, the emotional roller coaster has definitely begun!

I'm scheduled July 30. Still have some insurance issues to take care of but it's pretty much a "go".

It's perfectly normal to be afraid. I always worry about those worse case scenarios, too! Just think about how healthy you'r'e going to be so you can do things with your kids and be there for them a long, long time.

Hey all, there are two great July threads; "Any July Sleevers Yet?" and "Hey July Sleevers". In the second one, Smoggy keeps a running list of July surgeries. Great way to find someone local to you or someone with your date. Feel free to join us. The more the merrier!

G.