Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on December 8, 2011 and I must say it has been rocky. Not even 8 weeks after my gallbladder had to come out. I thought I was ok until I started having trouble walking and my stomach, legs,and thighs went completly numb. My lady parts are numb as well as my breast so I had to get a attorney because they think something went wrong during the surgery. But, on a POSITIVE note I came from 412 to 311 in less tha 6 months. I'm praying that my walking goes back to 100% so I can finally hi8t the gym. I have a MRI scheduled fot Monday so we can figure out what this guy did..thanks for reading:)

I'm sorry to hear all that. I hope the MRI discovers the problem and it's an easy fix.

May I ask, what were your symptoms of your gall bladder failing?

So sorry to hear of the complications but your weight loss is awesome. hope you hear good news from the MRI. Good luck.

Wow congrats on your lost so far...I know you are upset about the situation with your legs, I'm sorry that happened to you, and I hope you get that resolved ASAP...

What are you having MRI of?

MsBoo, I hope they find the source of your numbness quickly and that it's an easy fix! Your weight loss is great, but the complications aren't so good!

Let us know once you have some info, please. :)

:( ur having complications! Healing energy being sent ur way.

So sorry to hear about your complications. I will pray for you for some positive, fixable news on the MRI. Your weight loss is fantastic and a positive thing for you to focus on!

I hope you are able to get to the cause of your numbness and get it resolved as soon as possible. I am so glad you have taken the steps to get an attorney and be a survivor and not a victim. I'm really happy you are looking on the weight loss as a positive and moving forward to get things resolved.

I was sleeved on December 8' date=' 2011 and I must say it has been rocky. Not even 8 weeks after my gallbladder had to come out. I thought I was ok until I started having trouble walking and my stomach, legs,and thighs went completly numb. My lady parts are numb as well as my breast so I had to get a attorney because they think something went wrong during the surgery. But, on a POSITIVE note I came from 412 to 311 in less tha 6 months. I'm praying that my walking goes back to 100% so I can finally hi8t the gym. I have a MRI scheduled fot Monday so we can figure out what this guy did..thanks for reading:)[/quote']

So sorry to hear of the problems that you have had... But like you said, "on a positive note," Congrats on the awesome weight loss. I wanted to share with you something that I read the other day in medical journal... It said that if weight loss patients do not consume enough b-12 supplements daily they can experience temporary paralysis/numbness! Maybe try to up your b-12?? Best of luck to you! :)

First I want to thank you all for reading and the comments. I want to answer a few questions...when my gallbladder stopped working it started as a postnasal sinus drip along with really bad reflux and the foamies. I couldn't poop either and then I couldn't keep anything down for longer than 2 minutes. Now it may be different for others. I had my blood work done several times and my B12 is actually pretty good and my surgeon wanted to make sure that it wasn't a defeciency. So I'm good on the Vitamins. I am having an MRI of my back since I had surgery on it in 2005. I also have to have a EMG done because they think a nerve was cut and there may be some nerve damage. As a matter of fact when I went to my follow up appt and asked him why I was numb, he said it was probably a nerve. When I first tried to get a MRI they said I had a clamp still in me and that the MRI machine would pull it out but my neurologists got my surgical report and it said I didn't so we are dealing with a major cover up. But I will continue to move on and stay POSITIVE! Thank you all again:) Jessica

Sorry you are going thru alk of this. I will definitely keep you in my prayers and hope all goes well. Just continue to pray and God will see you thru.

First I want to thank you all for reading and the comments. I want to answer a few questions...when my gallbladder stopped working it started as a postnasal sinus drip along with really bad reflux and the foamies. I couldn't poop either and then I couldn't keep anything down for longer than 2 minutes. Now it may be different for others. I had my blood work done several times and my B12 is actually pretty good and my surgeon wanted to make sure that it wasn't a defeciency. So I'm good on the Vitamins. I am having an MRI of my back since I had surgery on it in 2005. I also have to have a EMG done because they think a nerve was cut and there may be some nerve damage. As a matter of fact when I went to my follow up appt and asked him why I was numb, he said it was probably a nerve. When I first tried to get a MRI they said I had a clamp still in me and that the MRI machine would pull it out but my neurologists got my surgical report and it said I didn't so we are dealing with a major cover up. But I will continue to move on and stay POSITIVE! Thank you all again:) Jessica

Wow! That is crazy girl! I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of that. You sound like a very strong person! I will be praying for you...

I was sleeved on December 8' date=' 2011 and I must say it has been rocky. Not even 8 weeks after my gallbladder had to come out. I thought I was ok until I started having trouble walking and my stomach, legs,and thighs went completly numb. My lady parts are numb as well as my breast so I had to get a attorney because they think something went wrong during the surgery. But, on a POSITIVE note I came from 412 to 311 in less tha 6 months. I'm praying that my walking goes back to 100% so I can finally hi8t the gym. I have a MRI scheduled fot Monday so we can figure out what this guy did..thanks for reading:)[/quote']

I had the same symptoms with the numbness. You say when your walking goes back to normal? Are you experiencing weakness. I was told I was not getting enough Protein and started losing muscle. So my walking and even getting up off chairs has been difficult.

I had the same symptoms with the numbness. You say when your walking goes back to normal? Are you experiencing weakness. I was told I was not getting enough Protein and started losing muscle. So my walking and even getting up off chairs has been difficult.

My surgeon thought that may be the issue but its something the surgeon did. I did have muscle weakness and problems getting up and down stairs but its getting better. I am very good with getting my Protein in and my Vitamins. Its from a mistake that happened during my gallbladder surgery