Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOTC thread...Why NOT to post when your angry

I do want to mention that an intense multi-page thread where the atheists come out of hiding and DON'T get reminded, by some self-appointed messenger of doom, that they're going to burn in a hot place that no one has ever seen and the atheists don't believe in is kind of a nice change. Growth is a good thing.

You know Sue.. I have to agree with you there. My original post was about "Christians behaving badly" for lack of a better description. I am a Christian, and part of what we are taught is to help hold accountable our fellow Christians. That is what I was doing, in an admittedly angry way. The anger was uncalled for but the accountability check was not.

One thing I WAS impressed with were the responses from the agnostics and athiests. There were only 2 that were derogatory toward my belief systems. That to me is amazing. And as you pointed out I didnt see any Christians bashing the nonbelievers either.

I am first and foremost a Christian, but I am also a proud American. One thing I value VERY highly is our freedom. Especially in light of the war and fighting throughout the world. You really get an education on how others live and are treated. I have the right and the freedom to stand in the middle of the street and yell at the top of my lungs that I love the Lord. And others have the right to yell that God is all a hoax. In other countries you could be killed for that.

God Bless America I say!! Others may just say Bless America.. That is our right. And I for one am thankful to God for it.

Kathy

God Bless America I say!!
I suggest that "God Bless America" be replaced with "God, could you please Bless America?"

The first is a command and the second a request. We should not go around giving orders to God.:)

LOL. Oh GOSH??? This is too funny.

Religion is the worst subject to talk about in a world of many religions. People are very passionate about their beliefs. The mere subject sets people ablaze.

gee............not sure what caused this but i figure, if something pisses you off................get it out............i hope it helped

i stay away from people want to run my life or thoughts

i really think some people should turn around and take care of their own

i just want to be healthy again........and i can only help myself

Nursekathey2u, these are your word's not mine Not all people hide behind the " LORD " to chastise others,people or try and make you feel guilty or turn him loose when ever it makes you feel good.

Being a CHRISTIAN doe's not give any person the right to try and force his or her God or belief on them as for "CHRISTIAN" we all fall short we are all sinners in some way or another!

Most Christian's try to fallow GOD's word and try to live the life style of being good, being honest living a life style of resepct,not be Judge mental of other's or quick tempered. Its just a feeling to me That my God has enough love for all of us, Atheist, Aghostic Even REPUBLICAN'S HEHE. THAT WAS FUNNY! Im. sorry for that.

I find that reading the bible every day give's me strengh and make life a little easyer for me.

"I'' pray to a God that I can't see.......... or touch....... But some times man I can feel his power...........A GOD that gave his own son up so we could be saved for "ARE SIN'S''

AND AT THE END OF THE DAY IF 'I PRAYED AND THERE WAS NO GOD! THEN WHO HAVE 'I HURT NO ONE. ELISABETHSEW POST WAS THE BEST!!!!

Nursekathy2u I' hope you find the support you are looking for, there is so many people that will help you out.

Good luck in your search.JOHNQ

Friends?

I don't want any friends here either and yes, I expect support.

Friends?

What are friends?

Are friends people that you must support when they get into a cat-fight over religion and/or politics?

Are friends people that PM you with gossip about other members?

Are friends people that PM you with instructions on how to get back at other members?

No thanks. I don't want friends.

But, I will give support to any member who has a Lap-Band problem. I would hope that when I have a Lap-Band problem that people of all political and religious persuasions will try to help me. WHY???

Because it is the Christian thing to do.

Because it is the humane thing to do.

Because it the right thing to do.

I will not sink low enough to leave a member in time of need just because we just had a fight over US foreign policy or abortion or Muslim/Christian pro's and con's.

To do so would violate the "Golden Rule". To decide who to help would mean that I am judging them in order to catagorize them into people who deserve help versus people who don't deserve help. Judge not, lest you shall be judged.

Friends are rare and when you find a true one, hold on tightly and nurture it. I have a "true" friend in every sense of the word. She's honest, supportive, tells me when she thinks I'm wrong, listens when I rant and rave, and is always there for me.

I need my friendship with her and others. They make me a better person and I sure hope I add something to their worlds.

Nursekathey2u, these are your word's not mine Not all people hide behind the " LORD " to chastise others,people or try and make you feel guilty or turn him loose when ever it makes you feel good.

Being a CHRISTIAN doe's not give any person the right to try and force his or her God or belief on them as for "CHRISTIAN" we all fall short we are all sinners in some way or another!

Most Christian's try to fallow GOD's word and try to live the life style of being good, being honest living a life style of resepct,not be Judge mental of other's or quick tempered. Its just a feeling to me That my God has enough love for all of us, Atheist, Aghostic Even REPUBLICAN'S HEHE. THAT WAS FUNNY! Im. sorry for that.

I find that reading the bible every day give's me strengh and make life a little easyer for me.

"I'' pray to a God that I can't see.......... or touch....... But some times man I can feel his power...........A GOD that gave his own son up so we could be saved for "ARE SIN'S''

AND AT THE END OF THE DAY IF 'I PRAYED AND THERE WAS NO GOD! THEN WHO HAVE 'I HURT NO ONE. ELISABETHSEW POST WAS THE BEST!!!!

Nursekathy2u I' hope you find the support you are looking for, there is so many people that will help you out.

Good luck in your search.JOHNQ

JQPublic, I dont know if your read the whole thread or not... My original post was in response to a certain situation. I did not say nor do I believe that ALL Christians do the things I addressed. I agree with everything you posted above. Thanks for your input.

Kathy

:( This whole entire forum---from its beginning-----reminds me of this:

Person One: "Have a nice day!!"

Person Two: "Don't tell me what to do!!!!!"

:tired :tired :bored :bored :tired :tired :bored :bored

Nurse Kathy,

I just wanted to tell you I totally understood what you were referring to, when you expressed your frustration and disgust at the petty bickerings that were going on in other threads. I was feeling the same way yesterday and thinking of leaving LBT.

I don't trust myself to deal with these people who seem to fuel fights wherever they post. (And I totally agree with you on the "throwing their Christianity into arguments" issue) It's maddening.

Personally I haven't vented, for fear of being attacked by others who didn't agree...or attracting those wolves themselves.

I just wanted to say you were misunderstood by alot of people, but you stuck around to explain yourself, and even apologized for posting while angry. I think you show some real integrity.

I know you've heard it already, but there are alot of wonderful supportive people on LBT. Try to stick it out. It's worth it.

I'm behind you girl, (so eventhough you don't want any friends from here, you've got one!)

Hey wait! where're you going?! Come back!! Let's be friends...! *Chases Kathy down the street*

Actually it will do just fine...but the one I read was several years ago.

And, BTW, I'm an atheist veteran!!! My dogtags say "declines to state" where religion goes, because I didn't want to fight about it. My recruiter told me about a guy he served with who researched religions to find the ones with the most holidays and then decided he was Druid.

However, I can still recite most of the altar boy responses to the Catholic Mass--IN LATIN--if that earns me any points. LOL

MEA MAXIMA CULPA.

I totally agree with the original post, to throw out an I'll pray for you in the heat of an argument seems to me to be a oneupmanship, as if the person who get's it in there first is somehow superior or has god on their side while they stand knee deep in the same $h!t pile.

I also find it heinous when members jump into a verbal melee, throw out insults, heated opinions or other general negative energy, then soon after delete those posts leaving only the responding party so that the deleting member looks somehow "clean" as others can only see the reactions of the folks they were jumping on... some folks are just shady that way I guess.

Actually, I read a while back that the "no atheist in a foxhole" thing is far from the truth. (I wish I could remember the source.) It seems that a number of people have died while their voices were being recorded...plane crashes, police/fire radios, that kind of thing. Turned out that the religious folks were saying "Oh, God" and the non-religious folks were saying stuff like, "Oh, shit!"quote]

When I was in college, I took a Sociology course and one of the things we studied was how people react to impending death. The textbook stated (I kid you not) that the most often recorded last words on aircraft black boxes are "Oh, shit".

There was a terrible airliner crash at DFW airport some 20+ years ago and I have a good friend who works for the FAA. I got to read the transcript of the black box recording from that crash and sure 'nuff, the last words on it were "Oh, shit".

However, I don't think that means those people did not believe in God. Airline pilots are trained to believe they can handle any situation. They have huge egos in that respect, but for a purpose. Confidence is essential in their profession. They are trained not to second guess themselves. So it isn't until the absolute last second that they even entertain the possibility that they are going to crash. It's a total surprise to them, and when we are surprised, what do we most often blurt out? OH SHIT!

Enough said?

by Maya Angelou

When I say... "I am a Christian"

I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'."

I'm whispering "I was lost,

Now I'm found and forgiven."

I don't speak of this with pride.

I'm confessing that I stumble

and need Christ to be my guide.

I'm not trying to be strong.