Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there, I will be having surgery this coming Thursday. Can I put color polish on my nails?

Thank you and wishing everyone a fast recovery.

JC

I wasn't allowed to paint my nails before surgery - I don't know about others. Good luck on your journey!!

I wasn't allowed to paint my nails before surgery - I don't know about others. Good luck on your journey!!

Thank you and good luck to you too.

I've got gel nails on my fingers and color on my toes. No one has said anything to me. I go in on Monday for my surgery.

Best bet for you would be to call your doc's office and ask the nurse.

Best wishes on your surgery!

Nah better not. U can do ur toes tho

That's what I am going to do. Thank you:)

I've got gel nails on my fingers and color on my toes. No one has said anything to me. I go in on Monday for my surgery.

Best bet for you would be to call your doc's office and ask the nurse.

Best wishes on your surgery!

I just called they told me no. Only color on my toes:(

Good luck to you!

I just told my husband I better have these gels taken off and not put back on. Guess I'll give my nails some time to "breathe".

i was told color on toes ok, i have lcn aka permanent french on my nails they said ok they just need to be able to see if my nails change blue from lack of oxygen.

I just told my husband I better have these gels taken off and not put back on. Guess I'll give my nails some time to "breathe".

Same here, I have the same gel nails. I guess I don't have any choice, time to take them off:( and just getting a pedicure.

Love to here how you feel after the surgery:)

i was told color on toes ok' date=' i have lcn aka permanent french on my nails they said ok they just need to be able to see if my nails change blue from lack of oxygen.[/quote']

Wow, your Dr is nice. Mine told me that I need to remove any artificial nails and no color. Best of luck to you!

I colored my toes but did a french on my fingernails. They use a PS on your index finger to measure your O2 level. Colored nail polish makes it inaccurate and at times impossible.

I colored my toes but did a french on my fingernails. They use a PS on your index finger to measure your O2 level. Colored nail polish makes it inaccurate and at times impossible.

Thank you:)

Hi there' date=' I will be having surgery this coming Thursday. Can I put color polish on my nails?

Thank you and wishing everyone a fast recovery.

JC

[/quote']

I have artificial nails and they let me take my left index fingernail off. Ask your surgeon. They only need one nail-polish free finger for the finger oxygen meter they put on you during surgery. Nail polish and artificial nails can interfere with it.

I just called my surgical team coordinator to double-check and she says my fingers and toes are fine and I don't need to take any of it off.

Check with your offices if you're concerned. Every surgeon/hospital has different guidelines.