Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday I took some milk of magnesia and voila!!!... I could eat for the first time. I am 4 weeks out and I have been eating hardly anything like everybody else. But yesterday I finally had a little room in my stomach so today I went a little crazy. Here's my day over a span of time:

Protein drink for Breakfast

75% of a chicken ring sandwich with cheese from White Castles

6 bites of a turkey sub

about 8 chips

about 10 cheese doodles

3 chocolate chip Cookies

2 spoon fulls of ramen noodles

5 spoon fulls of peas

Water

This is terrible. I am afraid to eat vegetables and fruits because there is such a long "do not eat" list with those. Please give me a normal day of eating. Of course this is much less than I could eat before but I didn't eat so unhealthy BEFORE SURGERY. What the heck is going on? Also my second question is how to I put bites and chips into myfitnesspal.com? I don't use it but I plan to.

Wellll, if you want the truth......you shouldn't be eating chips or bread AT ALL right now. Those should be at the top of your "do not" list!! You need tp focus on getting in your Protein. If you're eating Protein you won't have as much room for "sliders", which is what that stiff is.....it slides right down & the scale stops sliding down.

So, what an average day might look like:

Egg w/cheese

Greek yogurt

Protein shake

salad w/ chicken, cheese & nutrient rich greens like spinach. Eat your protein first then nibble on a little lettuce.

Babybell cheese w/ melba toast

Moist fish like talapia w/ a little bit of veg, like green Beans

Sf pudding or sf popcicle, yogurt, etc. Or a Protein Bar.

Granted, I don't eat this way everyday, but try to nip bad habits NOW while it's easier to stay on track....Didnt your NUT give you a list of things you should eat?

I didn't mention that I only ate the meat out of the sub and hardly any bread with the chicken sandwich.... but this is not excuse I feel rotten. I feel like I am a horrible failure. I was just so happy I could eat!!! And my family just keeps telling me how horrible of a thing it is that I can't eat. They just shake their heads and eat wonderful meals while I suffer. I am not putting the blame on them,..,. it's on me. My doctor did give me a list but to me it is unrealistic and doesn't have enough variation.

• Protein drink for Breakfast - :)
  • 75% of a chicken ring sandwich with cheese from White Castles - :( fast food uses butter, palm oils, and other high calorie "taste boosters" we don't use at home. And chicken only, no bun?
  • 6 bites of a turkey sub - :huh: turkey only? no bread?
  • about 8 chips - :(
  • about 10 cheese doodles - :(
  • 3 chocolate chip Cookies - :(
  • 2 spoon fulls of ramen noodles - :(
  • 5 spoon fulls of peas - :huh: peas are one of the sweeter veggeis (i.e. carb high), try broccoli or cauliflower
  • Water - :D

No rice, no bread, no Pasta (ramen), nothing made with refined anything (i.e. the doodles, cookies)

Sorry if my faces come across as harsh, but I would search this forum more and talk to a nutritionist about what you should be eating. If you Google a list of low-carb veggies, you'll see what's best. Same for fruit, berries are best.

Protein, protein, protein. There are 4 calories per gram of protein. So if you are on a 600 calorie diet (most patients are between months 0-6), and you're getting 80-100g of protein, that's almost 400 calories right there. The rest should come from good carb/fiber veggie and fruit sources.

Diet depends on your doctor and/or nutritionist ...I am 4 weeks & I can't have chicken or salad....soft foods for 4 weeks then @ 6 weeks is all a go. I can have crackers & bread as long as it is toasted...I have to stay away from grainsz

Reminder low fat & no sugar...

I had a bad day I felt hungry all day and had Soup with some bread! Yet my sleeve was done may 15th. I feel great but since I'm not losing weight now what?

So glad to read your thread!!!! I feel like a complete failure too. (not everyday but most days) I'm just ready to see some real changes. I know I should be more strict but I would be even more depressed lol.

Oh sweetie. I had one of those days this weekend. It will not be your last let me tell you. Some of us do good with the emotional stuff some of us struggle more. I struggle more :( tomarrow is a whole new day...so now u need to take a deep breath, b thankful you got this surgery and think of all the food u would b eating if u didn't have the surgery. I know this is so much easier said then done. But sitting and beating yourself over this is going to make u want to eat more. You are not a failure! You had a tough day. Like I said we all have those and will have them more then once :)

We all have bad days. Infact i had one today too. But just get back on track. Yes your not eating alot but when we choose the wrong foods it does not help with your weight.

So put to day away and tomarrow start again. We borh will good luck.

Thank you for the encouragement. The harsh words and sweet words are good for me.

While I have been out on temp disability from surgery they I got a call that they no longer needed me. Since my husband has been out of work and watching our kid I was the only source of income so I am SUPER STRESSED. I have no rights against being fired while out on a doctors note because I am a temp so for the past few days that I have known I have been super scared because I don;t know if I will be able to pay my rent or even how I will feed my family. Stress like this is not cool while I am in this situation.

Well no wonder for the rough day...let us know how you doing. You can always come to us..

Awww :( That's beyond a horrible day. I've learned throughout this process that I am both a stress eater & a total glutton andddd I suffer from immense guilt when I eat "bad food". I really oppose feeling like I'm on a diet....it brings out my inner rebel & I make poor choices all the time.......a handful of my kids goldfish, a few bites of my husbands klondike bar....on & on. And w/out eating the bread the subway is a good choice so let that go!! A few cheese doodles won't kill you, but.it's easier if you get your head in the game earlier rather than later. So, brush off those cookie crumbs & move on! Tomorrow is a new day ;) Please keep us posted on how you're doing!!

Awww :( That's beyond a horrible day. I've learned throughout this process that I am both a stress eater & a total glutton andddd I suffer from immense guilt when I eat "bad food". I really oppose feeling like I'm on a diet....it brings out my inner rebel & I make poor choices all the time.......a handful of my kids goldfish, a few bites of my husbands klondike bar....on & on. And w/out eating the bread the subway is a good choice so let that go!! A few cheese doodles won't kill you, but.it's easier if you get your head in the game earlier rather than later. So, brush off those cookie crumbs & move on! Tomorrow is a new day ;) Please keep us posted on how you're doing!!