Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intestine Problems *warning Graphic Wording

I have finally stopped having the watery BM and the liquid gurgling in my gut.YEA!!

Because of the c-dif I had years ago I have been eating a lot of yogurt and taking probotics. and it seems to have helped. C-dif is a condition caused when all the good "flora" in your gut is killed and the c-dif spores go wild... it almost killed me several years ago.. and it was all caused by taking 2 rounds of antibotics for a abcessed tooth.

This is the reason the info papers on antibiotics say if you have diarrhea see your doctor. The antibiotics kill all of the good flora and then c-dif can go wild.

For those of you who have watery BM's and are still earing mush and lots and lots of liquids like Soups .. I would expect your diarrhea is cause because of the Water in Water out type thing.. at least that was how it was with me when I had my surgery 7 months ago. If your diarrhea is later then you should be looking for other reasons.. That is why I posted on here.. I was looking for another reason that WAS NOT c-dif... I don't really know why I had the watery BM's for 1 1/2 week but hopefully the gut is getting back to normal now.

Rhonda

So I emailed my nurse coordinator and she said the yellow watery BM is not that unusual. She said it has a lot to do with the fat being released and coming out. She said at times you can even see it floating like a scum on the top of the Water. I'll take her word for it. I have to flush often to keep the smell down.

I think I will take some Probiotics though.

Karen

Good to know about this issue. Have to go back to work tomorrow - but I have a bathroom right next in our store so it's a few yards to dash if I need to, but will take the advice on a spare kit of knickers and pants - good thinking!!

In our house we call the runs "the squirts" here, but I told my husband last night, "no more squirts for me - now I could spray paint a truck". :D

So I emailed my nurse coordinator and she said the yellow watery BM is not that unusual. She said it has a lot to do with the fat being released and coming out. She said at times you can even see it floating like a scum on the top of the Water. I'll take her word for it. I have to flush often to keep the smell down.

I think I will take some probiotics though.

Karen

Thank you for posting this Karen! MUCH appreciated! I was wondering about all of these details (floating, etc) I also had my GB out the same day or surgery, and I thought it may be that, but the fat loss makes total sense now that I think about it.

THANK YOU! :)

7 years ago I had terrible' date=' horrible c-dif... in fact it was life threatening. it took a couple of months but I got over it and was fine and have not had a flare up since.

Now---I had my sleeve surgery in November and have lost about 70 pounds, I now weigh 178.5 YIPPI!!

I have never had bathroom problems except the occastional constipation/diarrhea that I would consider as normal. UNTIL..... about a week and a half ago I had diarrhea that was almost pure Water.. it would hit me and I had to go right that second..... I assumed I had eaten something that didn't agree with me... The frequency of having to go has gotten less. but I still have very, very loose diarrhea in fact it is practically Water. My intestine will gurgle and rumble and you can tell from the sound it is water gurgling in there. In a few minutes I will feel as if I have to go but cannot.. then sometimes I feel I just have gas.... and guess what.. it is more!!!

when I had c-dif.. the feces smelled different.. like a home permanent, the nurses said that if you ever smelled c-dif you would never forget it.. I agree.. my poop now smells just like normal poop. (don't you love the visual of me smelling my poop)

My question.... have any of you developed a irritable bowel or any intestine difficulties after having surgery???

Rhonda[/quote']

That is currently the symptoms of the bad flu going around

I almost started this post by saying I WISH I had the runs ... but of course I don't. I just wish I wasn't always do miserably constipated. It seems that Colace Caps have become my constant companion. I had bouts of Constipation pre-VSG (done 19April2012) but it seems to have gotten worse, possibly due to increased Protein intake. When I am blessed by a bm, it's such a paltry amount that I still don't feel a big sense of relief. Other than the Colace or MOM, any suggestions for getting and staying "regular"? I'm still on soft foods, hoping to be released to eat "regular" foods on the 15th of this month. All constructive feedback is appreciated.

I was sleeved 5/24 and had diarrhea for 1.5 weeks. My dr tested me for c-diff and it came back negative but abnormal. I'm going to talk to him on Monday about the abnormal and what it means. I will share what he says on Monday.

I have the same issue and mentioned it to my doctor, he said it will clear up over time.

I had no Constipation or issues before the VSG, but man, if I don't take the ol' MOM on a daily basis, ain't nothing moving. Ugh. Of course, prior to surgery I downed a lot of veggies and oatmeal, etc. all things that I can't eat yet, so I am sure this has had a huge effect on my system. I can't wait for this issue to resolve its self. I was able to find the mint chewable tablets of MOM which go down so much better than all that liquid. I mean, really, 4 tablespoons is the normal dose!!! I just could not choak all of that down. It was nasty. If you get the chewables, take note that you have to chew 8 of them to get a single dose, but still, I would rather do that than down that liquid.