Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was at my brother's house today and when I walk into the kitchen I notice KFC containers. There were some chicken strips, potato wedges and cole slaw. I didn't touch the potatoes or slaw, but I could NOT resist the chicken strips. I grabbed one and opened some BBQ Sauce and ate a little bit. Well, I ended up eating too much(not even a full strip). It tasted so good that I took one bite too many. *Sigh* It would have been nice to able to look at the food and then walk away. This just goes to show that I still need to work on my head lol.

[quote name='shellbell33081' timestamp='1337545005' post='347184'

] ended up eating too much

My dr. always says, stop eating when you are full, then stop one bite earlier.

Whats done is done, its over with. you can't fix the past, just go to the future and keep those nasty hands away from that bad food. :angry:

you'll do better with your head, just remind yourself why you had the sleeve, take a deep breathe, and know that junk is now forbidden :mellow: you'll get the hang of it - no one said it ever would be easy

good luck

kathy

one of my favorite quick go to foods is a KFC grilled leg - 13 grams of Protein in a tiny amount of food!

You know what? We r human... I swore to myself when I had this surgery that I wouldn't be perfect in my eating... I mean can we really expect ourselves to resist everything all of the time? If i had one chicken strip, I'd enjoy the little that I had an move on. I'd be sure to make extra healthy choices the next few days in fear of falling into an old habit trap, but we should allow ourselves a little something now and again. As long as it doesn't make us sick...

thanks everyone! :)

You know what? We r human... I swore to myself when I had this surgery that I wouldn't be perfect in my eating... I mean can we really expect ourselves to resist everything all of the time? If i had one chicken strip, I'd enjoy the little that I had an move on. I'd be sure to make extra healthy choices the next few days in fear of falling into an old habit trap, but we should allow ourselves a little something now and again. As long as it doesn't make us sick...

Me too. :rolleyes:

I know you are early out & need to be very careful about portion size (that too full / uncomfortable feeling is the worst), but still a slave??? You ate less than one - Celebrate you didn't and weren't able to eat the whole container!!!!! ;0)

Well, I think this was a success. Although it would have been great if you had been able to walk away, at least you were able to eat less than a full strip. That's less than 130 calories. How many strips would you have eaten if you hadn't had the sleeve?

So, you take the lesson and try to do better next time.

lol i definitely would have eaten much, much more before surgery. i'm still learning my limits. i guess i am looking at this all wrong. thanks for the wonderful replies!! *hugs*

I love the other comments about what we would eat without the sleeve. Good answers! I would of eaten 4 strips & chips and gravy now 1/2 a strip for a treat. Don't feel guilty AT ALL the more you deprive yourself the more you will crave and then you will eat it more. A) its Protein B) it was 1! you didn't fail anything. Be proud you didn't eat the carbs not guilty you ate the chicken. Xxxxx

Eat whatever you want, but keep your portions under control if your sleeve has more wiggle room. It was one piece of chicken. My sleeve doesn't like fried food anymore. But it loves ice cream! I still eat the stuff that I love I just don't eat a whole gallon! A pint could last me four days!