Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, im setting here at Mi hospital in Tijuana watching the OKC Thunder vs LA Lakers basketball game. My wife and I got sleeved yesterday by Dr. Garcia. Our surgeries went great. The staff at the hospital are second to none. First class. We get to go back to the hotel tomorrow around 11am.

We have never been treated as good as we are down here, at the hospital and the Marriott. The care that is given is so much better than anywhere we've ever been. It's unbelievable.

It's very important to walk as soon as you can after surgery, this helps with gas pains. All of the doctors and nurses will stress this. It's also very important to follow and be strict on your pre op diet! The smaller your liver is, the easier it is for the doctors to do their thing without complications.

Tijuana is a cool city, haven't seen any violence and have never felt scared for our safety.

If you are considering going to Tijuana for your surgery, please know that it is safe and you will receive great care.

Congrats on both of your surgeries. Glad everything went well!! Thanks for posting this as it only solidifies that I choose the right doctor!

Congrats!!!

Just released from the hospital and in the hotel room at the Marriott. We are feeling very good. Rosie, our coordinator has already called to check on us and is coming by the hotel tomorrow to check on us.

If you have any question about the process or about having the surgery in Mexico, feel free to send me a message.

Congrats Jeffmanion can you fill me in on the process you experienced. I am scheduled in June with Dr. garcia and am traveling down alone - nervous- lol

Kat1, I went alone and never had any problems :) Tijuana is much safer than uneducated people would like you to believe. Dr. Garcia and his staff are awesome! You'll love the Marriott, too! The hotel is very, very comfortable and quiet. I walked from the hotel to the local Wal-Mart without any trouble and never felt unsafe.

Thank you so much Shellbell3308. That is great to hear. Any pointers you can pass on?

Congrats Jeffmanion can you fill me in on the process you experienced. I am scheduled in June with Dr. garcia and am traveling down alone - nervous- lol

Kat1, we flew into San Diego from OKC and met our driver Samuel Jr outside of the baggage claim area. He was there waiting on us. It's about a 30 minute drive from the airport to the Tijuana Marriott. The driver answered all questions that we had for him. I made sure to tip him well. We didn't have to wait a minute.

Once at the Marriott, the service was outstanding! My mom and Gradmother traveled with me and my wife. All four of us have been treated like royalty. The rooms are very clean and large. But the beds are the best part. They are like sleeping on a cloud. My mom and Gma love the food at the Marriott and the prices are very reasonable too. The chicken broth is great as well for the patients.

The next morning we loaded up around 9:30 and headed to the hospital. It's about a 10 minute drive. It's a small hospital, but very clean and nice. Not long after arriving we were taken to our room and pre-op began. IV's started, EKG, vitals, height and weight, etc. My wife had her surgery first, then I went in last for the day. We asked to be staggered so she was out of recovery before I went in. About 45 minutes after leaving recovery we were walking the halls. The floor is small and does not have much room to walk, but we all managed. Everyone that talked to us stressed the importance of walking as much as possible. I had a hard time sleeping the first night and did quite a bit of walking, which made me feel better the second day. I slept much better the second night.

After the leak tests were completed, we were able to have Clear liquids. First was ice, and let me tell you, it was the best ice I have ever had! Then Water, gatoraid and apple juice.

We are now back at the Marriott and I am looking forward to sleeping tonight! The Marriott provides patients with chicken broth and popcicles. But to be honest, I'm not at all hungry.

I hope this helps. No need to worry, you will be taken care of. I'm just curious though, why are you traveling alone? I would recommend finding someone to come with you, even if you had to pay their way.

Hi thank you so much. The reason I am traveling alone is my husband has to work not to mention that he has not applied for his passport. He has never travelled not to mention even been on a plane. The cost is another factor that we had to consider. To fly is almost costing us as much as the procedure. I dod't look forward to going alone especially being on a plane for so long to come home. He his nervous too but I keep telling him I will be okay . I am not so nervous about going from one airport to another alone as I have done this before (my brother lives permanently in Florida) so I go down from Canada for a week at a time off and on during the winter alone. it's the coming home. I am told don't bring any of my jewellery, don't do this and don't do that it just has me a little scared lol.

I haven't has surgery yet. I go today. I couldn't agree more about the treatment so far. It has be WONDERFUL!!! I am sure my surgery will be the same.

Hi thank you so much. The reason I am traveling alone is my husband has to work not to mention that he has not applied for his passport. He has never travelled not to mention even been on a plane. The cost is another factor that we had to consider. To fly is almost costing us as much as the procedure. I dod't look forward to going alone especially being on a plane for so long to come home. He his nervous too but I keep telling him I will be okay . I am not so nervous about going from one airport to another alone as I have done this before (my brother lives permanently in Florida) so I go down from Canada for a week at a time off and on during the winter alone. it's the coming home. I am told don't bring any of my jewellery' date=' don't do this and don't do that it just has me a little scared lol.[/quote']

You will be taken care of in Mexico.

Hi thank you so much. The reason I am traveling alone is my husband has to work not to mention that he has not applied for his passport. He has never travelled not to mention even been on a plane. The cost is another factor that we had to consider. To fly is almost costing us as much as the procedure. I dod't look forward to going alone especially being on a plane for so long to come home. He his nervous too but I keep telling him I will be okay . I am not so nervous about going from one airport to another alone as I have done this before (my brother lives permanently in Florida) so I go down from Canada for a week at a time off and on during the winter alone. it's the coming home. I am told don't bring any of my jewellery, don't do this and don't do that it just has me a little scared lol.

I went to Dr. Garcia on May 7th and there was a girl that went alone. She was well taken care of by everyone involved. We all watched out for each other and made sure we all walked. You develop a kind of friendship with one another and worry about them. The coordinators and doctors are very considerate in the fact you will be alone. Do not worry you will be well taken care of.

I haven't has surgery yet. I go today. I couldn't agree more about the treatment so far. It has be WONDERFUL!!! I am sure my surgery will be the same.

Good luck Laura

Keep posting

I went to Dr. Garcia on May 7th and there was a girl that went alone. She was well taken care of by everyone involved. We all watched out for each other and made sure we all walked. You develop a kind of friendship with one another and worry about them. The coordinators and doctors are very considerate in the fact you will be alone. Do not worry you will be well taken care of.

How are you doing?