Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Were U Eating At 3 Weeks Post Op?

I'm officially 3 weeks and one day post op today and I gotta tell ya, this liquid diet my doc wants me on until I see him again on Friday is not working for me. I'm hungry! I have actually modified my diet on my own and added yougurt and sugarfree pudding to my diet but that still is not satisfying the hunger. What were u guys eating at this stage?

I was still on full liquids at three weeks post-op. I still had some stuff that I ate on the clear liquid stage (like sugar free popsicles, broth, jello) but also added strained cream Soups. As a treat, I also a sugar free fudgsicle every day. Not much to it nutritionally, but my surgeon's plan allowed it so I indulged.

I was kind of sick of sweet stuff at this point so I like to make a strained cream of mushroom Soup, and I added a scoop of powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken broth Protein powder for extra Protein (as a word of warning, though, this is pretty high in sodium... so if you are sensitive to sodium, it may not be a good recipe!)

I also had ricotta cheese mixed with mariana sauce (chunk free, of course). I nuked that in the microwave and it was pretty good.

Different doctors allow different things at this point in the game. Your surgeon may allow a bit more than mine did. If you haven't already seen the website, check out "The World According to Eggface" and you'll see that she has a ton of recipes for different stages of post weight loss surgery healing. It may help to give you some ideas. If you are allowed pureed foods (which I was not at 3 weeks, but your surgeon might allow it) check out this page: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

Once you get on regular foods, everything will seem much easier. Just hang in there and make sure you are protein and Water levels are what they should be. You'll be on to the next stage before you know it!

I was still on full liquids at three weeks post-op. I still had some stuff that I ate on the clear liquid stage (like sugar free popsicles, broth, jello) but also added strained cream Soups. As a treat, I also a sugar free fudgsicle every day. Not much to it nutritionally, but my surgeon's plan allowed it so I indulged.

I was kind of sick of sweet stuff at this point so I like to make a strained cream of mushroom Soup, and I added a scoop of unjury chicken broth Protein powder for extra Protein (as a word of warning, though, this is pretty high in sodium... so if you are sensitive to sodium, it may not be a good recipe!)

I also had ricotta cheese mixed with mariana sauce (chunk free, of course). I nuked that in the microwave and it was pretty good.

Different doctors allow different things at this point in the game. Your surgeon may allow a bit more than mine did. If you haven't already seen the website, check out "The World According to Eggface" and you'll see that she has a ton of recipes for different stages of post weight loss surgery healing. It may help to give you some ideas. If you are allowed pureed foods (which I was not at 3 weeks, but your surgeon might allow it) check out this page: http://theworldaccor...reed-foods.html

Once you get on regular foods, everything will seem much easier. Just hang in there and make sure you are protein and Water levels are what they should be. You'll be on to the next stage before you know it!

My doc is super restrictive. I keep seeing where others are eating lots more than my doctor allows. I'm sick of eating the sweet stuff and I'm sick of being hungry. :o(

friday will be a month for me, i am eating mostley mushies. anything soft. I tried some chicken on mothers day and it didnt sit well, came back up. Ive tried a lot of different things and have gotten sick a few times. hardest thing for me is knowing when i am full. but i have lost 30 ponds since surgery, must be doing something right, I am walking/jogging 3 miles in morning before work and 1 hour cardio at gym after work. I wanna start lifting weights but going to wait two more weeks, good luck mashed potatoes and chili Beans are great try them

I'm 3wks out also and I eat cottage cheese, creamy Soups, chili, puddings, Jello, veggie patties, but I chew them to death... and sometimes chicken.. but I find that the chicken is too heavy for me.. even when chewed a lot and I bring it right back up... Actually I bring a lot of things back up, because I don't always realize when I'm full until it's too late.. I think I'll start measuring my food instead of "eyeing it"

My doc is super restrictive. I keep seeing where others are eating lots more than my doctor allows. I'm sick of eating the sweet stuff and I'm sick of being hungry. :o(

I know - it's really hard when it seems like everyone else gets to go to regular foods so much faster!

As for being hungry... are you having any acid or acid reflux issues? I know when I was about a month out I really started to notice some extra acid, which was making me feel a bit hungry (even though I wasn't really hungry). My surgeon put me on a PPI and it totally took care of my feelings of hunger!

Can you call your NUT and ask for some ideas that fall within your surgeon's guidelines? Sometimes they have some creative ideas (if you are lucky enough to have a really good NUT, that is!). Hang in there!!!

I can/ am eating yogurt, sf Jello, sf pudding, strained cream Soups, broth, sf popsicles, creamed potatoes.. That's about it.. LOL. But each dr has their own plan. Like I am on full liquids for 4 weeks. Was on clear for a week. I have not seen anyone with this exact plan.

I am on soft which means fork mashable. But tuna and canned chicken make me sick so I've been eating grilled chicken that is not over cooked and still juicy inside I chew it forever and it stays down the best. PB on saltines, laughing cow cheese on flatbread toll house crackers, fish, no Shrimp, Wendy's chilli, homemade hummus, pork tenderloin, and string cheese, yogurt, bannanas, oj, protien shakes, I like vanila in oj, or chocolate body fortress with PB, banna in it, also unflavored jay rob I pudding, I drink a lot of power protien pre made shakes in bannana cream, lean body in Cookies and cream and chocolate, Isopure with a squirt of mio. I spoke to my nut today and told her everything she is really happy and says as long as I can keep it down and chew it well I am ok to eat it even if doc still has me on soft, says that everyone tolerates different foods differently and sometimes it will sit well and then the third time it won't and to wait a month and try again.

4weeks out yesterday

Just to clarify I am having no acid or reflux issues. I've been on Prilosec since before surgery n haven't had any issues. I also know it's not head hunger. I'll eat n then within an hour or two I'm hungry again. I'm certain it's not head hunger. I just think I need something more substantial. I think I'm gonna try the Wendy's chili n see what happens.

My doctor had me on liquid diet from day three until the end of week two and then I got to skip the puréed stage and for the past week I have been on soft foods. I'm at the end of week three today and had scrambled egg whites with feta for Breakfast, an Atkins Protein Shake snack, fat free turkey chili for lunch, and chicken masala for dinner. I'm so thankful I can eat again. It's just the amounts are SOOO tiny. My surgeon (Dr. Torquati) is one of the best in the nation so I trust him.

I've been on puréed foods. Received Beans. Apple sauce, mashed potatoes, blended chili, corned beef hash, pudding, baby food, etc.

I was on purée foods. I made a lot of grilled chicken and red Beans together to get my Proteins. I was very happy with it. Felt satisfied since I seasoned it well. I'm 10 weeks post op as of yesterday and presently down 80lbs exactly post-244766-14396092573207_thumb.jpg

I'm starting my 3 rd week post op gastric sleeve surgery, I'm on Clear Liquids still n I'm starving. But have only lost 7 pounds. I do once a day eat a cup of Tomato Soup or cream of mushroom. Sf pudding or a zero yougart. I'm drinking my 60 grams of protine shake and as close to 60 oz of Water a day. Why haven't I lost any more? I'm so week and fatiuged I am trying to keep walking around the house but I get winded so fast. I don't know what to do or even if I'm doing right. Please someone respond

I am also 3 weeks post op but my diet is soft Proteins and condiment type vegetables. Here's what I had today

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg, 1 bacon and salsa

1 scoop powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup

lunch 2 oz low carb hamburger stroganoff

1 scoop nectar Fuzzy Navel

1 packet Proti Diet fruit punch

dinner 3 oz turkey and gravy

1 package Proti diet vegetable beef soup

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App