Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Hello everyone, How was everyone's Wednesday? I got pushed and prodded (sp) by someone giving me a gall bladder ultrasound, got gel stuff on my blouse :) (right before work), School (I'm a resource teacher) was so frustrating I'd quit if I didn't need the insurance (which DID NOT pay for my lapband) :angry I am so busy trying to put things in order after taking 2 weeks off for surgery, I could just SCREAM. the kids are out of control, I am missing important lines :faint: anyway thanks for listening or just passing me over or what ever. IS ANYONE ELSE'S EMOTIONS GOING CRAZY WITH THIS BIG LIFE CHANGE WE DID!!!!!!!!!

MOM ok weighed in with a 3 pound loss for the Christmas challenge... If I live until then :speechles

Hello everyone! I would also like to be included in your Christmas Challenge if that is okay. I will weigh in on Monday. I was banded on September 19th and have my first fill on Halloween. YIPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Ok I think I have everyone. Remember let me know the pounds lost each monday or your personal weigh day. Thank you guys for keeping me on track and th best to all of you.

I just sent my daily food intake to my doc to see if they can schedule a fill sometime in the future. I still have to wait at least 1 week or more.

I haven't been online all week! My husband went ot the emergency room on Tuesday AM and we just got home today! He had emergency gall bladder surgery and had it removed.

It's funny how your whole life just gets put on hold.

For the Christmas challenge I can report -1 lb.

I'm not very happy with my overall success so far. I was banded on 9/11/06 and I am only down about 14 lbs.

I have been eating between 550 and 750 calories per day but I'll admit my exercise hasn't been consistent. Compared to what I used to eat you'd think the pounds would be flying off. I don't go in for my first fill until 10/25, so I'm trying to be patient with the weight loss until then.

The past couple of days I've been eating more and more....it kind of scares me! I'm afraid I'll slip back into my old habits! Any advice?

Compared to what I used to eat you'd think the pounds would be flying off.

I have been saying the same exact thing!! Isn't it amazing how much less we are eating, but the weight still doesn't come off. It make me wonder how much of this weight was due to food as opposed to lack of excercise. My first fill cannot come fast enough. Hang in there.

Hi everybody! Its been a long time since I posted, I think since the day of my surgery. Well here's what I've been through... My surgery went well, I had to stay in recovery for 18 hours because they didn't have a room for me, but that's OK 'cause they kept me pretty high on Delaudid (spelling's not my thing). I took 2 weeks off from work to recover. I went back to work on Monday 10-2. I had my first fill on Tuesday 10-17. So far I've been pretty surprised at the lack of weight loss since my surgery, and for the past 2 weeks I have been ravenously hungry. Even now I've had a fill I'm still hungry. I think there must be a trick to this lap-band thing that I'm missing. Either that or I think I need to join a OEA group 'cause it must be head hunger. I've had some moments where I stopped and did the whole "Holly S**T what the Hell'd I do to myself?" But mostly I am positive and hopeful, just getting through the emotional attachment to my friends, Sugar, Starch, Carb, and Saturated Fat has been hard. I'm trying to make new friends with Veggie, fruit, and Lean meat but they aren't as easy to get along with as my old friends were. But seriously now, I'm still scabby, sore, red and puffy but my jeans do fit better! And the best part is I'm starting to get comments on how people can SEE a difference. That feels GREAT!

Hi Everyone,

1st time to post a message. Banded 9/20/06 by Dr. Spivak. Have NOT had my first fill yet. Everything is going great now. I have lost 16 lbs. but going very slow after the second week. Tonight I went to my first support meeting. It was very helpful & the girls were real nice. I will go back. I have not gotten into a good exercise routine yet. I keep saying tomorrow I will start.

Good Luck Everyone,

mejomojogolow

247/231/147

fraleyk,

I do hope the hubby is doing well and and recovery is fast for him. We all understand his pain.

Mejomojoglow,

Welcome to the board if you have any questions for real life experience with the band don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure you will do wonderful things.

April,

We do understand hunger! I'm amazed that you had a fill so quickly! one day less than a month? Goes to show ya how our surgeons are different.

Here's the latest on the Christmas Challenge!

Challenger’s Start Weight<O:p</O:p

Mom of Many 226/-1

Want2lose 208/-1

Rita Ann 190<O:p</O:p

Jgandg 266<O:p</O:p

Valgal1968 252/-0<O:p</O:p

BJean 192/-1

Gonnabethin 194/-0

Em125 217/-3

Katt 288/+3<O:p</O:p

MimIN 235/-2

TruBlueSue 190/-3

Diane5467 283/-2<O:p</O:p

Sandranoelle 302/-3<O:p</O:p

Wantlapband 190/-4.5<O:p</O:p

Lamamama 219.5/-4<O:p</O:p

R2ht4u 180/-2<O:p</O:p

Tanya67 303<O:p</O:p

TamifromLA 243/-5

Cassandra 258/-3<O:p</O:p

YellowRoseKnows 272<O:p</O:p

Diane5467 283<O:p</O:p

Fraleyk 176/-1<O:p</O:p

Lisalee <O:p</O:p

SLHarrison 209/-5

Bettina 25 lb goal<O:p</O:p

Tommygirl 248/-3

Lapoli7 370/-3<O:p</O:p

Lifelongband 310/-2 <O:p</O:p

msgoat4949 227/-1

sweet31eve 233<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:pTOTAL LOSS=49.5lbs<O:p></O:p>

This weekend is here and we need to stay on track for weigh in on Monday!!

You guys are doing great and I know Monday will be a great day for all of us. Don't lose focus kiddos, you can do it!

Remember Stay away from the CARBS!! sugar free Jello and Frozen sugar free otter pops is a great sub for Holloween candy or Junk!!

Don't be tempted, your clothes may be fitting better now, but just think of how you will look by christmas day!!!!!!

Hey everyone I am going for my first fill today at noon. I am a little nervous and like everyone else a little discouraged at times. I have heard (not on this board) some women say (who had the surgery) that there was no weight loss and then BOOM it started coming off again. I think we just have to take one day at a time. I myself have started walking and each day it gets better. Even though my weight loss is at a standstill I must say I do feel much better now then before the surgery. Anyway I will post tonight to let you know how it went. Have a wonderful day!

So far I've been pretty surprised at the lack of weight loss since my surgery

April,

I see you have lost 31 lbs! That is so great :clap2: . No wonder people are noticing. Don't be discouraged. Weight loss should be 1 - 2 lbs/week. Slower is better for your body and skin elasticity. While it would be nice to lose it overnight, you are making great progress.

I can relate to feeling ravenous. Last weekend it hit me hard. I'm trying to re-focus on just 3 meals / day, and using Protein Drinks (carb free) as between meal Snacks, and the last few days have been better.

Good luck!

Hey everyone I am going for my first fill today at noon. I am a little nervous and like everyone else a little discouraged at times.

Good luck today. I still have 3 weeks to wait, so I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Hey everyone I am going for my first fill today at noon. I am a little nervous and like everyone else a little discouraged at times

Im excited for you post when you can. Im at a weight loss stand still and have 3 weeks to wait for a fill.

Hello all, sorry I did not post on Monday, have been working nights, and my week gets all muddled. Have now weighted in with a loss of 23lbs, taking me to 280lbs. It is getting harder to stay on track, and I can't wait for my first fill on Nov 8th. Its great to see how well everyone is doing.

Tanya xx