Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long After Surgery Before You Felt Good?

I am curious how many days it took for you to feel pretty good after surgery? By that I mean up for a short drive or quick trip to the store...

It took we about 8 days, I'm a little over two weeks out now and I feel fine.

I am 3 days post op and I feel good. Perhaps a little weak, but I feel good.

Keep in mind everyone heals and has different stressors in their life. Before surgery I asked my doc how long he thought till I felt 'good' again. He said tops a week, bless his little heart for having so much faith in me but I am out day 10 today and i can do about 3 hours of light housework then have to sit for 30 minutes or so to rest. My definition of good is not needing to rest in between, but that is just because I didn't need that before. And I also don't want to hurt myself either :)

I was beginning to feel good by day 6 but day 7 began some unfortunate events that while unrelated to my surgery affected my health and healing for several weeks.

I feel good even when I feel bad - if that makes sense. What would have wiped me out is not as taxing, it does not eat up as much energy - my head is clearer to handle it.

I felt good about 5 or 6 days out. I'm 9 days out now and I forget at times that I've had it. I feel fantastic, except for the actual incisions and the allergic reaction I had to the dermabond.

I felt "good" enough to have a normal day 2 days later- the only discomfort I had was getting out of bed or off the couch. Normal day being no pain meds, driving and running errands, working (desk job), light housecleaning and walking with boyfriend.

That being said- I am over a month out and on the days when I am not dillagent in taking the Vitamins or not getting enough water- I can totally feel it and I feel tired.

Its sooooo easy to skip the Proteins or forget to eat in the beginning and you get weak really quick. Its also easy to not get enough water- thats a major NO-NO and can land you in a hospital.

Put yourself first- take the opportunity to create a new habit of taking your meds/vitamins and tracking your food/fluid.

Happy sleeving! :)

Physically--- about 10 days after surgery. I woke up and felt like a whole new person.

Emotionally--- it took me a while. Probably by the middle of the 2nd month is when I started to feel better, stopped regretting my sleeve and feeling like this was a good thing instead of a horrible mistake I had made.

I felt good the second day. I went to Ensenada for a day trip on the second day. It took about 3 hours to get there, walked for 6 hours and drove the three back.

On the third day after I drove 8 hours -- me driving the whole time. So I felt good right away.

I think the important thing is to get up and walk around. I felt immediately better as soon as I got up.

Well I'm the exceptioon, it was a good 2 months before I really felt good. I was really feeling aweful BEFORE surgery too. All kinds of health issues and a lot of stress.

I to had an allergic reaction....I'm 11 days out and just started to feel better today. I decided to go to wk....noticed my dress had a stain & checked my incision it had opened. :(

I to had an allergic reaction....I'm 11 days out and just started to feel better today. I decided to go to wk....noticed my dress had a stain & checked my incision it had opened. :(

Oh no! Are you ok?

I am curious how many days it took for you to feel pretty good after surgery? By that I mean up for a short drive or quick trip to the store...

I had such a bad time in the recovery room after surgery, but felt great the next day....to the point I was wondering if they really did the surgery on me lol other than being a lil weak occasionally I had no issues!