Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

I have the Unjury broth, which is really good. The unjury chocolate and their unflavored. Don't know how those are yet. I know they have 20g Protein per serving. I also have some packets of Isopure Protein Powder, it's colored but clear and on the thick side (:€!!! But they have 50g protein per serving so I figure if I sip on it all day, I can tolerate it...if any reason, just to get protein in!!! I have to do a two week liquid diet, but will start a week early, for me!

My pre-op is 2 weeks but am thinking of starting a week early as well, not all liquids tho..just maybe every other day so my body isn't in complete shock.

Mine didnt specify 10 grams per shake....most have over 20....however i was told that slim fast and dr Atkins had way to many carbs and sugars....i coouldnt stand the Unjury and am sending it all back...but keep in mind what you like pre surgery may not be what you like post...your tastebuds are going to change folks.....I was on 2 weeks of shakes that added up to 60 -80 grams of Protein a day pre op....but found our almsot a week into that ...that i was only supposed to be on it for a week!!!!!... each patient is different ......so i would follow what he said...i am finding that greek yogurt is a good way to get in the protein....i was raised on it so am glad to find something i like!!! still in soft and pureed stage so adding it to mashed potatoes and Soup and anything else i can stand to get more protein as well as eating plain. if you havent heard already, Torani has tons of sugar free flavoring you can add to your shakes for variety...there are other sugarfree as well...shop around....we have a local store that sells for less if you buy more....6 or more and you get 750 ml bottles for $3.99 instead of $7.99 on website...the website will tell you where to get locally...you just need to call for prices. I walked out with 14 different flavors...may have to spring for &.99 to get some i want to try tho...like gingerbread and one brand has a peppermint paddy....you will be pleased when you see all the different flavors available from these companies... I have purchased someof the individual mixes as i travel a lot and cant carry lots of liquids....i have had the cheesecake and the pudding which mix up with cool Water and set at room temp...puttingin frig makes them better but when u r at work or traveling....just mix and eat is good...12-15 grams per serving....easy way to get in a little more.. they have a vegetable omelette, sloppy joe, and chilli that i am anzioius to try to..havent read those directions yet..but know probale like the njury..not hot and need thermometer....the egg one i did read...similar to fixing a regular one. I got liquid and chewable vitamins and found even tho i thought liquid would be better, it wasnt for me...whenyou go post op to get your leak test done and have to drink that nasty dye......PLEASE PLEASE remember to drink thru a straw or your teeth will be stained purple for a long time ( i have no idea how long cuz i went to my dentist on way home and had them remove the stain)......that and making sure you have the gas ex strips!!!

Hi!

I am scheduled for Dr. Ortiz on August 13th! Extremely nervous and extremely excited and (let's face it) scared out of my mind. I have read and read and read and decided that vertical sleeve was the best option and since my insurance will not cover, period, and the hospital here will not allow surgery there unless insurance will cover, that left only Mexico as option.

I will be back at work the next Monday, but probably do only half days (or try to work from home mostly).

Karen

I've noticed that insurance will either pay all or none for WLS. I wish they didn't make it so hard for people. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, my insurance covers everything minus my $500 deductible, which is why I'm having it now in case it changes later.

Question to anyone how long are you taking off work after surgery

I'm having mine done in south carolina, I have 2 weeks there. I get surgery on the wednesday, and the following thursday is my post op appt. So ill have almost 2 full weeks. (i go back to work monday) but....if im not feeling up to it, i'm going to do half days. I guess it all depends. I do home health care...My first patient is an elderly lady....If by that point shes as bad as she was this past friday and I have to lift her, i wont be there!!!! my second is a little boy and his mom will be there to lift him for about a month (i set it up so he's home the 4 weeks after my surgery so i wont have to lift him at all. ) Most of my job is pretty easy and i can sit and relax. my elderly patient knows im having surgery but they're kind of mean. So if im feeling like i can't do it, im not going to lol. my body...and my 8k + for surgery come first.

What are you guys most worried about

Not waking up of course...

the catheter

the endoscopy

having a leak

throwing up... i hate throwing up to begin with and i heard it hurts bad if you do it right after surgery.

girl doont you even think about lifting anything musch less a patient!!!!!

carrying my Water and my purse is tiring!!!!!

girl doont you even think about lifting anything musch less a patient!!!!!

oh no i wont. shes on her own lol as far as my little boy.... his mom knows the deal. doc says i can lift anything after a month but for that month i can't. so sept 8th we'll be good. and i think hes back to school then. hes 67 lbs but i do more of a transfer then a lift with him. Its just this old lady im worried about because friday she was acting like she couldn't do anything. If thats going to happen ill need another month off :)

I can't believe how much the thread has grown. Theres so many of us. So I compiled a list of all of our dates. So, we can keep track of eachother. I will revise it as we get more posters. If you said you have a middle of august date, or hope to be sleeved in august I have not added you yet. Let me know when you have a date and I will add you :) Welcome to my OCD !! Congrats all, So glad to be taking this journey with you all!!

AUGUST SLEEVERS:

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.6.12-Aug62012

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Nustartintx-Dr collier TX

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza MX

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer

Here's MY ocd kicking in....did you know that you can go back to the original post and edit it -- and add in the names above? (block copy paste).....that would be neat to have where all can find who is going what date and to where (so far, it looks like I am by myself that week at Dr. Ortiz/OCC, but since I am traveling alone, I really really would like to know/chat with someone else.

My date is Aug 20th

Welcome Sky. I'm also Aug 20! Counting down the days.

Howdy!!! (we really don't talk like that in TX, but....)

I'm Mickey. 28, will be 29 by surgery time! Having surgery August 13, 2012. Dr David Arnold, Dallas TX.

I'm 300 lbs now. Would like to be 270 by surgery date, and 142 final goal. 5'4 rocks!!!!

Going through insurance. Had to do 6 months nutrition visits. Completed that in April. Decided to have surgery in August, after my b-day!

Vlogging my experience (which has been CRAZY!!!) Excited to finally change my life for the better :)

Hey, Hey, Hey!!!

AUGUST SLEEVERS:

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.6.12-Aug62012-Dr Brengman Richmond VA

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Nustartintx-Dr collier TX

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza Mx

Southern Oregon-Dr Ortiz