Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Question to anyone how long are you taking off work after surgery

I'm planning on only taking a week. I have a desk job and I bounce back pretty quick after surgery.

I am looking forward to the break at work and how fun is it going to be going back thinner

What are you guys most worried about

I'm mostly worried something will go wrong during the surgery....or a leak afterwards :-(

Me too but I know there rare and fixable waking up I tubated and not figuring out how to eat right and vomiting are freaking me out post op psi too but there are paid meds having so much time to think about it is good and bad I can rationalize most of my fears but I do lose sleep, over it

Me too but I know there rare and fixable waking up I tubated and not figuring out how to eat right and vomiting are freaking me out post op psi too but there are paid meds having so much time to think about it is good and bad I can rationalize most of my fears but I do lose sleep' date='over it[/quote']

Oh yeah, the throwing up too for sure. Yuck....

Eating correctly and not making myself sick and causing acid reflux.

Aug 30!

Question to anyone how long are you taking off work after surgery

I'm doing it between summer school and the start of the regular school year. I'll have exactly 2 weeks before I have to get back into my classroom.

I'm mostly worried about the pre and post diets. Im not so good at sticking to a diet. Lol. Obviously. I'm trying to get use to it now, but I get so hungry. How many Protein Drinks are we allowed in a day?

I'm doing it between summer school and the start of the regular school year. I'll have exactly 2 weeks before I have to get back into my classroom.

I'm doing the same exact thing....after summer school but before the next school year starts. I'm worried about timing and everything...fingers crossed it all works out for us

I'm mostly worried about the pre and post diets. Im not so good at sticking to a diet. Lol. Obviously. I'm trying to get use to it now' date=' but I get so hungry. How many Protein drinks are we allowed in a day?[/quote']

My NUT told me my pre-op diet should consist of 6 protein drinks a day at no more than 200 calories each and each drink needs to have at least 10 grams of protein in order to help stay as full as possible. I'm doing 2 Slim-Fast High Protein Shakes a day with 3 Atkins shakes and am allowed chicken broth for the 6th meal if I choose. I can also have SF jello/popcicles but was told they don't count as 1 of the 6 so it was ok for me to have as a 7th.

She also told me for post-op each meal needs to have at least 10 grams of protein and that if I don't want to do a bunch of protein shakes that was ok as long as the protein goal was hit. She recommended an unflavored Protein Powder by Unjury and said it was great for adding into recipes, ect.

Every doctor is different so you might want to check with yours as well to see what he wants you to do but from why I've seen this is pretty much the standard.

Hope this helps =)

I'm hoping to lose 110-120lbs

I have a very strict 6 month pre-op diet to follow, having my surgery in Red deer, Alberta, Canada

My biggest fear is death of course. After that I'm worried about complications and not being able to change the way I eat for life. I'm always really good the first 3 months of a diet and then I slowly slip back into bad habits and my old ways.

I am nervous about having a major complication like blood clots or something. I have a daughter and scares me to leave her. Of course I need the surgery to be healthy for her do I really am exited. I know sounds so crazy to be scared and then exited but thankfully you all understand.

My pre op diet is not a liquid diet. It is Protein Shakes with veggie and meat dinner. He calls it a liver shrinking diet. Basically 1000 calories. I have started to cut out soda and am down to 1 a day. I am also down to 1 caffeine drink a day. I can not believe it, I used to drink 5-7 diet cokes a day.

For some reason flavored water gives me heartburn and I already take Prevacid everyday. I found the sugar free hi c individual packs for 20 oz Water bottles and they are GREAT! I am not a big fan of crystal light. They say Protein powder goes really well in sugar free tang but I could not find it do am ordering it online. I bought the injury chicken broth but just 1 in case I do not like it. My favorite ready Protein Drink is muscle milk lite and it is lactose free. What are you doing to prepare?