Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

No I am not ready to go

I'm an August sleeker' date='

I chose my dr. Because he was at a center of excellence and I liked their (the office's) approach. I went to 4 different WLS seminars and checked out all 4 centers. I went with gbmc in Baltimore. In fact I'm there in the waiting room right now.[/quote']

Congrats to all upcoming August Sleevers! I had my sugery on August 23rd 2011 at GBMC. Dr. Moe is my doc.

you guys will be so happy!!!!! I am 2 weeks post op from dr almanza and want to give you guys a heads up...yes DONT forget gas ex strips...none to be had down there..DONT buy alot of the shakes now...your tastes will change!!!! i hate the Unjury stuff and amm going to return it..i bought way too much....dont get the liquid vitamins...they go right thru you....i got chewables from Bariatric Advantage but have seen some at another site that look good too.....oh and most importantly, when you have to drink the small bottle of purple dye, do it thru a straw or your teeth will be stained purple and you will look weird for a long time!!! i ended up going to my dentist on the way home since we drove down from phoenix .....had to have the dentist work on the purple for a while....so ended up getting a good cleaning while in Algadonas. We stayed in the hotel Tiquan,,,which is VERY nice. The chefs are gourmet...ask and they will fix for you....for those who can eat!!!! You get free broth in a gourmet setting and all the popsicles you want from the front desk!!!! close to shopping and a beauty shop almost next door where i got my hair done and felt human again...the girl went to the corner 7-11 and got me a popsicle while i was there too...very thoughtful for her...no charge either...You will love all of the people at Jerusalem.....more of a family type place...the nephews get you ice or Water and they are so respectful when they leave..kissing all their relatives....if you take guests they will be invited to eat the lunch provided for the staff....think the ex said they had enchiladas.....I am down almost 23 pounds since liquid preop diet and i got to have a night of margaritas with andres betencourt...when they did the ekg thye found an irregularity so wanted to be sure they could do surgery....luckily for me that sunday was one of 2 they do surgery on in a month...they went out of their way to find a cardiologist to hook me up to a monitor on the weekend and then read results the next day,,,sure it cost me more but i didnt have to go home and reschedule either...costing even more....everything turned out a okay and i was back and ready by 2 the next afternoon for surgery. They are all professional and you will love Lupita. she does perfect finding veins when they are hard to get...and did it the first time...which many cant do!!! I am excited for you all!!!!! You might want to take your favorite pillow with you, too.

No I am not ready to go

Haha, i think you better get ready...your running out of time! I've already started packing.....like 3 months ago lol my suitcases are sitting in my guest room .

My date is August 20th!

Congrats!! Where are you having your surgery???

Congrats to all upcoming August Sleevers! I had my sugery on August 23rd 2011 at GBMC. Dr. Moe is my doc.

Congrats to you as well :)

you guys will be so happy!!!!! I am 2 weeks post op from dr almanza and want to give you guys a heads up...yes DONT forget gas ex strips...none to be had down there..DONT buy alot of the shakes now...your tastes will change!!!! i hate the Unjury stuff and amm going to return it..i bought way too much....dont get the liquid vitamins...they go right thru you....i got chewables from Bariatric Advantage but have seen some at another site that look good too.....oh and most importantly, when you have to drink the small bottle of purple dye, do it thru a straw or your teeth will be stained purple and you will look weird for a long time!!! i ended up going to my dentist on the way home since we drove down from phoenix .....had to have the dentist work on the purple for a while....so ended up getting a good cleaning while in Algadonas. We stayed in the hotel Tiquan,,,which is VERY nice. The chefs are gourmet...ask and they will fix for you....for those who can eat!!!! You get free broth in a gourmet setting and all the popsicles you want from the front desk!!!! close to shopping and a beauty shop almost next door where i got my hair done and felt human again...the girl went to the corner 7-11 and got me a popsicle while i was there too...very thoughtful for her...no charge either...You will love all of the people at Jerusalem.....more of a family type place...the nephews get you ice or Water and they are so respectful when they leave..kissing all their relatives....if you take guests they will be invited to eat the lunch provided for the staff....think the ex said they had enchiladas.....I am down almost 23 pounds since liquid preop diet and i got to have a night of margaritas with andres betencourt...when they did the ekg thye found an irregularity so wanted to be sure they could do surgery....luckily for me that sunday was one of 2 they do surgery on in a month...they went out of their way to find a cardiologist to hook me up to a monitor on the weekend and then read results the next day,,,sure it cost me more but i didnt have to go home and reschedule either...costing even more....everything turned out a okay and i was back and ready by 2 the next afternoon for surgery. They are all professional and you will love Lupita. she does perfect finding veins when they are hard to get...and did it the first time...which many cant do!!! I am excited for you all!!!!! You might want to take your favorite pillow with you, too.

Great tips! I hope you posted these tips in the mexico surgery forum as well. I'm sure that would help a lot of people. I'm having mine done in south carolina ...i've already asked if i can bring my favorite pillow. I NEED it !!! lol and my gas-X strips are packed....even though doc says his patients typically don't have gas pains...they have nausea....not sure why this is but im taking them anyway!! And, if anyones having nausea my friend suggested "sea bands" from CVS...its a Bracelet that hits pressure points and stops the nausea..They use it for car sickness, sea sickness, even chemo.

I can't believe how much the thread has grown. Theres so many of us. So I compiled a list of all of our dates. So, we can keep track of eachother. I will revise it as we get more posters. If you said you have a middle of august date, or hope to be sleeved in august I have not added you yet. Let me know when you have a date and I will add you :) Welcome to my OCD !! Congrats all, So glad to be taking this journey with you all!!

AUGUST SLEEVERS:

8.3.12-Made2beme- Dr Garcia MX

8.6.12-Aug62012

Arukind-Dr. Ross Seattle WA

8.8.12-Futureskinnypants - Dr morris washington Sc

Forensikchic (*1 YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!!)

8.10.12-thetruedream- Dr Almanza MX

8.13.12-harleymb-Dr Spaw

Nustartintx-Dr collier TX

Sabstar22-Dr. Almanza MX

8.14.12- strawberrysoul-Dr. Almanza MX

8.17.12- Beanieandrosiesmom- Dr. Rodriquez MX

Lisa1977

8.20.12- Audrey523- Dr. Yatco NYC

Shoe_vixen- Dr rosen Chicago

8.23.12 MGM-Dr. Kelly MX

msleo64- (*1 year surgiversary!!!)

8.24.12 Weight_no_longer

You're awesome skinny pants!!!

you know, i've been told that a couple times...never believed it til this very moment ;) lol how you doing "8.23" ? lol My ticker changed from "2 months" to " 1 month 30 days" today and i almost cried.

you know' date=' i've been told that a couple times...never believed it til this very moment ;) lol how you doing "8.23" ? lol My ticker changed from "2 months" to " 1 month 30 days" today and i almost cried.[/quote']

Hanging in there! Can't go fast enough for me! Bags are still packed and waiting in the hall. Just gotta put make up brushes, nook, iPhone in it! Lol. It's gonna be a vacation for me, too. To get away from home stress and just have peace!

Hanging in there! Can't go fast enough for me! Bags are still packed and waiting in the hall. Just gotta put make up brushes, nook, iPhone in it! Lol. It's gonna be a vacation for me, too. To get away from home stress and just have peace!

Ahhh yes, time away from the kids :D Its just gonna be hubby and I in Mx for 6 days, wow....what a nice vacation huh? Relax, get away, no work and begin the rest of your life all at the same time....can not wait!!

LoL It's starting to feel real now. I just hope everything goes as planned! I got a condo on the beach so hopefully if i can get in and out of the chair after surgery....or off of the beach...I'll be able to get some sun on this ghostly body of mine. Mexico is going to be amazing for you ladies!

Ahhh yes, time away from the kids :D Its just gonna be hubby and I in Mx for 6 days, wow....what a nice vacation huh? Relax, get away, no work and begin the rest of your life all at the same time....can not wait!!

It'll be like a honeymoon! Lets hope the pain isn't too bad and we can all enjoy our selves and not be in pain the whole VACATION! Then again. I'd take the "little bit of pain" *yes wishful thinking* and no work....over work any day...(especially this week, it was pure hell!!!)

Skinny pants, that is a great list. I am getting mine done by Dr. Brengman in Richmond VA

We all have to stay in touch and share.

I'm so excited that I downloaded not one but two countdown apps. So my August 20th date is 71 days away. Or 2 months10 days away! Wahoo.

I'm so excited that I downloaded not one but two countdown apps. So my August 20th date is 71 days away. Or 2 months10 days away! Wahoo.

I'm the 20th too and 71 days seems sooooooo long away lol

Shoe, doesn't the summer always fly by! May this summer be the fastest one on record. I think about this every day. Experimenting with different Protein Drinks, testing taste and how my blood sugars reacts. Shopping for the perfect nightie with pockets for my insulin pump for the hospital. Planning meals to make and freeze for my family. Biting my tongue when I almost say something to my daughters. They are 23 and 16 at home and my oldest 26 lives in Orlando. Not telling them till the very last moment. Every day that ticks off is another one closer to our new life. I'm practicing recognizing that full feeling and stopping eating before I get there. There is so many things to do and I feel like I'm traing for a marathon. Reading this forum everyday helps keep me on track. I went to the mall and didn't buy anything. I have enough fat clothes. I'm waiting till my target shirt,which is still a big big t, to fit. Having fun dreaming until our dream becomes our new reality.