Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Hi all ! I'm being sleeved August 8th, 2012 by Dr Morris Washington in Myrtle Beach SC. Is there any other august sleevers on here?

I'm 27 (almost) ---about 100-130 to lose.

This was my sleeve date in 2011! I will be one year out when you have yours! Congratulations and good luck!

This was my sleeve date in 2011! I will be one year out when you have yours! Congratulations and good luck!

yay!! I feel like it's never going to be here!!! Looks like you have done amazing! congrats!

and welcome everyone else :) so glad to have all of you by my side!!!

OMG. I just got my approval for August 20, 2012 with Dr. Yatco at Lenox Hill Hispital in NYC. Tthis will be the first summer I wish will go by fast

!

I hope to join you ladies as an August sleever. I have not scheduled my date yet (still waiting to find out where the money is coming from) but will be going to Dr. Garcia in Tijana, Mx and am going to ask for Aug 8th as that works best with my work schedule and best deals on flights.

My husband will coming with me....I can not wait to just get the date scheduled!

Misty

Welcome misty and audrey!!

Audrey, congrats on your date!!! I'll be just getting home from Myrtle beach with my new sleeve and you'll be getting yours!

Misty, good luck! I booked my date around my work schedule too, and the prices were good (if i would have waited to book the flights for my mom and boyfriend.....instead i booked september first then changed to 8/8 so i changed the flights and it ended up costing more than it did to book them in the first place , plus the original fee....so make sure u don't switch your flights lol!!)

Good luck to you both! We all need to keep in touch!

I am hoping for an August date in Baltimore, MD. My hospital doesn't send in for approval until we are through our 6 months of classes and have completed all of our apts. my fingers are crossed that I will be joining all of you.

I'm hoping for the earliest date in August I can get.... I'm done with my 6 mths on July 2nd, hopefully I can get approved and have things set for Aug.. its all I think about these days too!

This is my very first post here. I found this forum via ThinnerTimes. I just scheduled my surgery yesterday and have so many thoughts running through my mind! I initially started this process with the idea that I'd be having gastric bypass, and that is what my insurance approved. However, after my visit with my surgeon yesterday, he is recommending the sleeve for me. I am an RN, and familiar with the medical aspect of gastric bypass, and was mentally prepared for that. Both my sister and father have had that procedure. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around the new info I've been given and prepare for the sleeve. I really trust my surgeon and understand his reasons for recommending the sleeve for me. My worry is that I have too much weight to lose for it. He said that in his opinion, weight loss is comparable and almost exactly the same as with gastric bypass. Is that what you all have found in your research and experience? His office is resubmitting my info to insurance for a change in approval codes, which they don't expect to take very long, so right now my schedule for surgery is Aug 13th! I'm excited, but also nervous about switching at the last minute from GB to sleeve.

I'm hoping to be a mid August sleever, if everything goes as planned =)

I am hoping for that too! Im done with my insurance 6 month program end of July and im hoping to have the sleeve done in August.

This is my very first post here. I found this forum via ThinnerTimes. I just scheduled my surgery yesterday and have so many thoughts running through my mind! I initially started this process with the idea that I'd be having gastric bypass' date=' and that is what my insurance approved. However, after my visit with my surgeon yesterday, he is recommending the sleeve for me. I am an RN, and familiar with the medical aspect of gastric bypass, and was mentally prepared for that. Both my sister and father have had that procedure. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around the new info I've been given and prepare for the sleeve. I really trust my surgeon and understand his reasons for recommending the sleeve for me. My worry is that I have too much weight to lose for it. He said that in his opinion, weight loss is comparable and almost exactly the same as with gastric bypass. Is that what you all have found in your research and experience? His office is resubmitting my info to insurance for a change in approval codes, which they don't expect to take very long, so right now my schedule for surgery is Aug 13th! I'm excited, but also nervous about switching at the last minute from GB to sleeve.[/quote']

The GBP scared me more. Just the thought of rerouting my intestines...seems a bit too "human centipede" for my brain. I'm very comfortable with the sleeve idea and CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I am hoping for an August date in Baltimore' date=' MD. My hospital doesn't send in for approval until we are through our 6 months of classes and have completed all of our apts. my fingers are crossed that I will be joining all of you.[/quote']

Chubrubgirl. -- where in Baltimore are you having Your surgery? Mine will be at GBMC. Hopefully in late July or early August.

I am hoping for an August date in Baltimore, MD. My hospital doesn't send in for approval until we are through our 6 months of classes and have completed all of our apts. my fingers are crossed that I will be joining all of you.

Good luck, I hope you join us!!!

I'm hoping for the earliest date in August I can get.... I'm done with my 6 mths on July 2nd, hopefully I can get approved and have things set for Aug.. its all I think about these days too!

I hear you. I'm so consumed with this. Especially when i started talking to the doctor and nurse and getting everything set up. I was so anxious to get the hotel and flight and everything i need for before during and after surgery. i've even been buying clothes for after surgery! addicted !

24 August here... cant wait!

Congrats!!! I need to add you all to my calender so we can keep in touch!

Got my date - Aug 3rd...can not wait!

Yay! congrats! its so soon! we're going to be only days apart!

I'm August 17th. Yeahhhhhh

wooo hoo thats great!!!!!

This is my very first post here. I found this forum via ThinnerTimes. I just scheduled my surgery yesterday and have so many thoughts running through my mind! I initially started this process with the idea that I'd be having gastric bypass, and that is what my insurance approved. However, after my visit with my surgeon yesterday, he is recommending the sleeve for me. I am an RN, and familiar with the medical aspect of gastric bypass, and was mentally prepared for that. Both my sister and father have had that procedure. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around the new info I've been given and prepare for the sleeve. I really trust my surgeon and understand his reasons for recommending the sleeve for me. My worry is that I have too much weight to lose for it. He said that in his opinion, weight loss is comparable and almost exactly the same as with gastric bypass. Is that what you all have found in your research and experience? His office is resubmitting my info to insurance for a change in approval codes, which they don't expect to take very long, so right now my schedule for surgery is Aug 13th! I'm excited, but also nervous about switching at the last minute from GB to sleeve.

I can understand how you feel. its scary knowing you want one thing and then have it completely change. I was originally going to have the lap band....but reading all the negatives about it , i found the sleeve and im so glad i did. i want everyone to have it! i did my research on it and it seems like the best option. My mom also had gastric bypass and she never got to goal. she wishes she could have the sleeve now. And, Honestly, I've seen people A LOT bigger than you on this forum that are having it. I think they might have a break down of forum lists on the main page that you can meet people around your weight. .....i believe they have it for age too but not sure about weight. worth a shot but you'll see . And congrats for your date, your going to do wonderful. welcome to the thread!!

PS, if anyone wants to a text buddy for support before or after surgery feel free to private MSG me!