Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Welcome:-)

Please add me to the FB group! I'm under Dominique Rabine

I'm 28 in Auburn, AL

I'm a single mom, grad student, full time worker bee.

HT: 5'9

HW: 215

CW: 212

GL: 135

I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Alvarez August 17th. :)

Wooohoooooo my losing stall is over !!!!!!!!! Woohoo.......I just reached I der goal for surgery in 6 days. KJ running around doing the happy dance.....hi everyone hugs.....

My daughters name is Kalan...pronounced kay lyn. Hee hee. Who would have thought you'd find 3 all in the same place and spelled differently?

It is awesome!!!!!!! Like the Universe says g we are all on track .......I love signs....

Wooohoooooo my losing stall is over !!!!!!!!! Woohoo.......I just reached I der goal for surgery in 6 days. KJ running around doing the happy dance.....hi everyone hugs.....

Way to go!! :)

so happy for you, you have done so great....hope mine gets over soon....omg girl you stay in touch, i am goign to be thinking and worrying for you day of your surgery, contact me soon as possible...sure we will talk before then but good luck on it....and to everyone this week having surgery...our thoughts and prayers with you and let us know soon how it goes for you each

Okay, so I am a bit past paranoid of anyone on my real Facebook account knowing about my decision. Sooo, I made a super awesome fake account, that I can freely post and not worry about prying eyes. That being said, Please add me Sunny Dee email sunnyskiesabound@yahoo.ca I would love to be able to freely access fellow sleevers =)

Okay, so I am a bit past paranoid of anyone on my real Facebook account knowing about my decision. Sooo, I made a super awesome fake account, that I can freely post and not worry about prying eyes. That being said, Please add me Sunny Dee email sunnyskiesabound@yahoo.ca I would love to be able to freely access fellow sleevers =)

ok there is many Sunny Dee account who knew lol not sure which is yours

I have a frog picture that has a disease called awsome on it...I love it because it is spelled wrong i was like HAHAHA....

Name- Vickie Brown

Surgery August 13

Dr. Spaw in Nashville, TN

Age-:39

highest weight/current weight/ goal weight- 321/321/140

Anything else you'd like to share?

I recently graduated from nursing school and am working as an RN in ICU. I'm a little worried about my energy level post surgery, but hopefully things will be ok. I will have 3 weeks off before returning to work. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and am feeling very under-prepared. I don't like Slim Fast type drinks at all-- they make me gag. I'm pretty picky. I bought the nectar type Protein packets and plan to use those as much as possible. I'm also going to look around online and order some things. I should have done this earlier-- I know! I live in a small town with very few local options.

I had never really understood why people didn't want to tell others they were having surgery until recently. I told someone at work and she said "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT??" in a really "I can't believe you'd even consider that" tone. Then today at church, a man who is super healthy and teaches spin classes was trying to tell my all of the reasons why I shouldn't have the surgery. He then texted me later and apologized, but really-- I'm a nurse. I know the pros and cons. I've been overweight all of my life. I've tried every diet out there. I've gone through phases where I worked out like crazy and still never got to what would be considered a healthy weight. I can see that he considers this drastic, but I have considered it all. :-/

Happy to have found this thread! I'm having VSG on August 9 with Dr. Garcia.

Happy to have found this thread! I'm having VSG on August 9 with Dr. Garcia.

Welcome jh5497

I have a frog picture that has a disease called awsome on it...I love it because it is spelled wrong i was like HAHAHA....

I finally found you but it doesn't give me the option of adding you as a friend. Strange! You can add me, Joyce Yager in Missouri

So it turns out I'm missing my 10 year high school to get the sleeve instead. This is playing major head games with me, split between wanting to reunite with all my old friends, and wanting to hide under a rock embarrassed of what I look like. I guess that's what FB is for, so here's to a new me, and my 20 year reunion where I plan to have six pack abs.

I finally found you but it doesn't give me the option of adding you as a friend. Strange! You can add me, Joyce Yager in Missouri

Hey Joyce, I sent out a request =)