Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am down 40 pounds and roughly 8 weeks out. I am losing from the top down. I am down a few chins and hey.... I have a neck! Lol. Seriously though, be patient. You will start to lose inches fast as soon as your body adjusts. You, like myself, were probably wearing the wrong size clothes and they are just loosening up now. Be patient! Great job so far!!!!! Congrats!

Michelle xo

I am down 40 pounds and roughly 8 weeks out. I am losing from the top down. I am down a few chins and hey.... I have a neck! Lol. Seriously though, be patient. You will start to lose inches fast as soon as your body adjusts. You, like myself, were probably wearing the wrong size clothes and they are just loosening up now. Be patient! Great job so far!!!!! Congrats!

Michelle xo

Thanks Michelle! :)

Y'all r lucky. I've lost 4 lbs. that just looks bad... But I have lost inches... Losing inches is all I really care about but I'm afraid doc may say something bout the poundage

I am 3 weeks out, lost 21lbs since surgery my waist size in pants is the same (well its a little less, but not enough to drop a pants size yet) but I notice the weight I am losing is in my face, shoulders, and my upper legs for some reason. I had to prove the leg part to myself today by trying on a pair of Curves workout pants that I bought at a garage sale for a dime last year, they are an XL and the day before surgery I could only get them up to mid thigh, today they were all the way up :)

I have lost 40 lbs and I am down from a size 18w to a regular 14 I did buy a pair of capris size 12 and was able to button them with my daughters help too tight but hopefully in 2 weeks I tried on the dress I wore to my daughters wedding in jan. My daughter told me it looked like a tent shirts were a 2x now xl or large was sleeved on 4/4 I have another 50 to go I am curious to see what size I will be used to be a 7 this is an exciting journey

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST

+1 to the group. I'm down 41 lbs and still wearing the same clothes. My 20w work slacks are loose but I can't fit an 18 yet. I can tell I'm losing but would like to buy some smaller clothes. I think it's because I'm tall idk.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

It will happen!!! :)

I've lost close to 50 pounds and it feels like I haven't lost any weight as my clothes are all still the same size albeit looser. I tried to buy smaller but those didn't fit. My husband is telling me I'm thinner but I won't really believe it until I go down a couple of sizes.

+1 to the group. I'm down 41 lbs and still wearing the same clothes. My 20w work slacks are loose but I can't fit an 18 yet. I can tell I'm losing but would like to buy some smaller clothes. I think it's because I'm tall idk.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Me too!!! I have lost 36...

I finally fully fit into an 18, it took about 42 pounds down to not have a muffin top in them. I am hoping I don't have to wait another 40 for a 16!

A friend mentioned after 18/16 sizes go down faster and she whizzed through them about 1 every 1-2 months until she stopped at a 6.

Ahhh to be a 6 lol

I have kept up with my measurements- I am down 35 - 27 since surgery. I lost like 2 inches from my neck- 4 inches from my arms- & 3 1/2 from my boobs. I have noticed my back fat rolls are going down. Same pants size

I've lost about 43 lbs and am still in the same size everything. I was wearing 24/26, they still fit though looser. I have a whole closet of 22's ready to wear. I've lost from my face, chin, neck, lower arm, and lower butt. Totally weird!

Well I think I take first prize in this category. Ive lost 77 lbs since 1/28/12 & only ONE pant size. Sighhhhh. I keep waiting for that moment where my clothes fall off....I will say I tried on my swimsuit from last summer & it looks like it has flaps around my booty & it won't hold my boobs up anymore. So basically my two favorite features are disappearing, but not my tummy where I'm dying to see some major shrinkage. I'll just keep plugging along...it has to happen eventually!

I did not start losing sizes until I lost nearly 60 lbs... but once I started to I actually skipped sizes! As I lost more and more, it took less and less weight "in between" sizes to go down. So, it took 60 to lose the first size(s)...then it took 30, then 20, etc, etc. The last two pant sizes were actually only a difference of 10 lbs (but I stalled a lot, so it was over a couple months).

I know why I haven't changed sizes even though I have lost 40 lbs since my sleeve on April 10th because my clothes were tight as hell : ) now they are loose. : )

LOL!!! Precisely the case for me! I am down 75 lbs since surgery and have just moved down one pant size. I have gone down several sizes in tops but bottoms are slow moving. My pants before surgery were TIIIIIIGGGHHHHTTTTT! Like completely uncomfortable. I'll never forget one morning last year, I was climbing into my Tahoe and ripped my pants completely down the seat! I could only thank God that I was in my garage and not out in public when that happened! Talk about a bad day!

I was in 28s then. I've recently bought a few pairs of size 26 jeans and capris for the summer. I've worn 2 pairs of the 26s and have found that they are also big in the waist. I may be looking at 24s REAL soon. B) All of my 28s are ridiculously large now. To the point where they are unflattering and borderline silly. I LOVE that feeling! :wub: