Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 week out and I am happy to said that I have lost 42 from 5 day per-post liquid deit and from surgery 4/18/12 I lost 32 but I am still on the same size jeans... I don't understand why...

I am pre-op, but through many years of dieting, I noticed that I always lost weight from the top down. It would show in my face and upper body before it appeared in my belly and hips. You are doing great!

you won't lose inches until you body adjusts. You're still just 3 weeks out and you're about to hit probably your first stall. I had a stall at week 3 or 4 and lost two pant sizes in two weeks but no pounds. Its coming so don't worry

Hi! I'm sort of in the same position. I was sleeved on 03/27/12. At my dr. Appt in April I had lost 24 lbs. I don't know how much I have lost since then but i'm just starting to see a difference in my clothing. It will take a while. Just because you aren't seeing it in your clothing doesn't mean you aren't losing weight. Your body will reallocation and then you will notice a big drop. Keep in mind, your body is in a state of shock right now and is try to catch up to what is happening.

During my Psych consult, the doctor told me something that stuck with me - She said that the body is constantly trying to get back to where it was. Don't let it bring you down, you are doing a great job. Keep your focus on Protein, supplements and fluids right now, everything else is a bonus. :)

I am 3 week out and I am happy to said that I have lost 42 from 5 day per-post liquid deit and from surgery 4/18/12 I lost 32 but I am still on the same size jeans... I don't understand why...

I was told at my 10 day post-op appointment that there would still be a lot of swelling in my stomach and surrounding area that would take a while longer to go down. Be patient, my friend, it will happen:)

I had surgery on April 19th, and have lost 25 pounds. I am still in the same size too. The only place I can tell is in my face, so I like to say I've lost 25 pounds in my face. :) I do find that I lose weight from the top down, so I'm hoping by the next 25 pounds I'll notice a difference in my hips.

This is so true! I have lost 32 pounds now and just went from a 20 to an 18. I have a muffin top in my 18 though, but I am wearing them! lol And it is not because I haven't lost inches -- I lost 5 inches from right across my tummy (bellybutton) and about 3 from my waist.

I hadn't realized how dang tight my pants were! I looked at some pictures and thought, "How did I not bust a seam while bending over??" I can still wear my 20 in GAP jeans, but my Lee's are too big.

My boobs have gone down about a cup size though, so I guess there is that too! Hang in there, it will happen!

I know why I haven't changed sizes even though I have lost 40 lbs since my sleeve on April 10th because my clothes were tight as hell : ) now they are loose. : )

I know the feeling p. I'm 8 days post and i' ve lost 40lbs since pre-op. As soin as my doc gives me the ok im going back to my hard core toning!

I feel your pain! I've lost 40 lbs since surgery. Was wearing a (tight) 24 day of surgery, and I'm still wearing the same pants. They're a lot looser now, and I went to the thrift store yesterday and apparently jumped the gun. I bought 1 pair of size 20 and a few 18's. None fit. :( I'm not even going to attempt to try on the cute xl shirt I got until I drop at least another 20lbs.

I know why I haven't changed sizes even though I have lost 40 lbs since my sleeve on April 10th because my clothes were tight as hell : ) now they are loose. : )

Hilarious!!!

I'm sooooo glad to hear all of you are going through the same thing as I am!!! Just 2 weeks ago I finally had to get rid of some of my clothes and that was when I hit 60 lbs loss!!! I wear nothing but dresses to work and sundresses at home so I understand it's not the same as pants but 60lbs! Are you serious? It took me losing 60lbs to drop a dress size???!!!! I have been so discouraged until now. Thanks for the posts!!!

So glad to read your post as I've been feeling the same way. I'm 3 weeks post-op and have lost 30 pounds. Everyone keeps telling me they can really tell I've lost weight and I can see it in my face but I'm still in the same pant size. Keeps me positive to think others are feeling the same way. I guess I'm just anxious to be in a smaller size! LOL

Well this topic makes me feel much better! I am down 25 since my pre-op diet and surgery. I can see it in my face and shoulders and even back but my tummy didnt seem to be shrinking. I was sleeved on May 29th and I think I am even a bit swollen from surgery yet. Hopefully in the next week or 2 I notice a bigger difference!