Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi Everyone, An old timer returning for a visit. And thought I would share my story with the newbies, so good to see new people supporting each other. I know this site and the people on it helped me massively in the first few years. I am now almost 3 years out from my sleeve surgery. I consider myself a success story. I am maintaining my weight, have been through 2 plastic surgeries and am booked for another one (in Oct, the research for this brings me back here for a bit). My life has changed significantly, I am more confident in myself, in front of people, are having more success in my role. I am now dating a great guy who thinks I am amazing and loves me for who I am. He knows my past, and doesn't see anything wrong with even how I looked before (I do tho.. obviously). My nephews don't even recognise old pictures of me, they will never know the old me, I run around with them. I exercise, not as excessively as I originally did but still regularly. I eat pretty well, most people don't recognise I had the surgery. Breakfast and lunch is pretty similar to most people, can eat yoghurt and Cereal for breaksfast and a sandwich at lunch (normal size one). I find the main meals are where people will notice the quantity I eat, but rarely. I can eat around 100gms of meat and then some veg and carbs etc. I have recovered from my first round of plastics (extended Tummy Tuck and arm lift), had a bit of a shocker of a recovery, and experienced one of the associated risks. But am getting ready for a 3rd surgery for a fluer de lis tummy tuck to remove more additional skin. This will finish my journey. I have put back on some weight, around 5kgs. I am okay with that as a fair bit of that has gone back in my breasts, which don't feel like pancakes as much now and a bit more on my face, which I felt got a bit gaunt. I currently sit between a size 10/12 (pants) and size 12/14 top (mainly cause of my boobs and generally wide shoulders). Life has its ups and downs but now I feel a bit more comfortable in myself in handling them. A new profile picture has been updated

Thank You so much for the update, great to hear life is going well for you

Well done, whereabouts in Sydney are you from?

Hi Merry. I am from Southwest area close to Homebush. M happy with my progress so far. Need to lose 6 kilos more to reach my goal by next month which is also my next appointment with my surgeon and dietitian. My workmates were surprised as I had only been away for my 6 weeks leave but have lost nearly 10kilos. I feel much lighter and happier now. Hope to lose a bit more in the next few weeks/months.

Thank You so much for the update, great to hear life is going well for you

Great story! Thanks for sharing! Great inspiration for newbies like me.

Can't believe how quickly this has all come around.

Had my dietician appointment today, got rather emotional and embarrassed with her.

Was very confronting putting all your measurements down and your weight and explain why you are so fat.. ( telling someone what you eat)

But I walked away feeling happy and relieved.

The physiologist was awesome as well!!

Found my biggest down fall is using food as a reward or use food as a tool for the spending family time together. So no more eating out in cafés for breakfasts or restaurants for dinners etc.. ( only every now and again)

Quality time will be movies, skating something just does not have to revolve around food..

So I went in feeling very anxious today about these appointments and came out feeling good and not like I was being judged..

Anyway I just had to share, my little experiences for my long journey.

I start my pre op diet tomorrow and 3 weeks tomorrow until my sleeve and I can't wait!!

This is starting to get REAL...

<p>Hi Everyone,</p> <p> </p> <p>An old timer returning for a visit. And thought I would share my story with the newbies, so good to see new people supporting each other. I know this site and the people on it helped me massively in the first few years.</p> <p> </p> <p>I am now almost 3 years out from my sleeve surgery. I consider myself a success story. I am maintaining my weight, have been through 2 plastic surgeries and am booked for another one (in Oct, the research for this brings me back here for a bit).</p> <p> </p> <p>My life has changed significantly, I am more confident in myself, in front of people, are having more success in my role. I am now dating a great guy who thinks I am amazing and loves me for who I am. He knows my past, and doesn't see anything wrong with even how I looked before (I do tho.. obviously). My nephews don't even recognise old pictures of me, they will never know the old me, I run around with them. I exercise, not as excessively as I originally did but still regularly.</p> <p> </p> <p>I eat pretty well, most people don't recognise I had the surgery. Breakfast and lunch is pretty similar to most people, can eat yoghurt and cereal for breaksfast and a sandwich at lunch (normal size one). I find the main meals are where people will notice the quantity I eat, but rarely. I can eat around 100gms of meat and then some veg and carbs etc.</p> <p> </p> <p>I have recovered from my first round of plastics (extended Tummy Tuck and arm lift), had a bit of a shocker of a recovery, and experienced one of the associated risks. But am getting ready for a 3rd surgery for a fluer de lis tummy tuck to remove more additional skin. This will finish my journey.</p> <p> </p> <p>I have put back on some weight, around 5kgs. I am okay with that as a fair bit of that has gone back in my breasts, which don't feel like pancakes as much now and a bit more on my face, which I felt got a bit gaunt. I currently sit between a size 10/12 (pants) and size 12/14 top (mainly cause of my boobs and generally wide shoulders).</p> <p> </p> <p>Life has its ups and downs but now I feel a bit more comfortable in myself in handling them.</p> <p>A new profile picture has been updated</p>

Hi Aussiegirl! Great to see you on here and to hear that life is going so well! I must say you are looking smokin' in your profile photo! I have not been on for ages so have a lot of catching up to do! For those of you who don't know me, I had my op 2 years ago on the 18 July. I reached below my goal in twelve months which took me to around 60 kg. I have mantained that for over 12 months but have just recently found that I can eat a lot more and I am now around 62-63kg. I can't say I am totally comfortable about putting on weight as the old fears rear their ugly head - but I know I have to be realistic. I am 167cm so I am well within the healthy weight range and like Aussiegirl I was looking a bit too thin. It is so easy to become a bit obsessive after this long journey. I was on the low end of obese so loose skin has not been an issue and at 52 who cares! Unfortunately I am one of the people that will be on Nexium for the rest of my life. Other than that, I have no issues - I can literally eat anything I want to now but still limited to about 1-11/2 cups in one go. I also. have my hunger back and really feel totally normal now. The hunger is nowhere as bad as pre-op and is easily satisfied. Well, I hope that gives people who are just starting out what the future will be like. It's great!

Edited by sueoco

Had the ultimate compliment today - my GP told me that "you could bottle your blood" - everything good and finally my cholesterol is within the healthy range with no medication! Yippee!

Had the ultimate compliment today - my GP told me that "you could bottle your blood" - everything good and finally my cholesterol is within the healthy range with no medication! Yippee!

That is fantastic news well done. I'm also so glad you continue to visit and update on this site. I'm almost at 12mths with blood test next week and really do miss some of those that I learnt so much from while deciding to have this surgery. Once again well done, fingers crossed mine will come back ok.

Getting sleeved on Thursday ! Can't believe it's so close.. So excited and looking forward to the new me

Getting sleeved on Thursday ! Can't believe it's so close.. So excited and looking forward to the new me

Good luck :)

Hi to all my aussie friends, I am 6 months there abouts after surgery. I have just turned 41 and am noticing that my previously wrinkle free face is getting MANY lines. I am rather distressed about this, is it just that my fat was hiding my wrinkles or is it from dehydration or some other reason. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi to all my aussie friends, I am 6 months there abouts after surgery. I have just turned 41 and am noticing that my previously wrinkle free face is getting MANY lines. I am rather distressed about this, is it just that my fat was hiding my wrinkles or is it from dehydration or some other reason. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi it's probable a combination but once you get to maintenance your face will lose that drawn out look and should start to fill out a bit. I suggest constant hydration for both your skin and weight loss. I am 11 months out and discovered a product called Life Cell anti aging. Which I LOVE. Check it out online. So make sure you find a great product that suits you and use it everyday to make sure your doing everything possible to keep your face and neck moisturized. Also sunscreen and a hat. I also found coconut oil straight after I showered was the best for body moisturizing. Hope this helps

That is fantastic news well done. I'm also so glad you continue to visit and update on this site. I'm almost at 12mths with blood test next week and really do miss some of those that I learnt so much from while deciding to have this surgery. Once again well done, fingers crossed mine will come back ok.

Thx ausmith. There are not many of us old timers on here.I guess everyone gets back to living there new lives after all the excitement of losing the weight. Are you going to the get the Wonder Sleeves Down Under get together at The Argyle Rocks on the 10th Oct?

Edited by sueoco

Thx ausmith. There are not many of us old timers on here.I guess everyone gets back to living there new lives after all the excitement of losing the weight. Are you going to the get the Wonder Sleeves Down Under get together at The Argyle Rocks on the 10th Oct?

No can't make it as my sons birthday that weekend

Hi everyone!!! Sorry I haven't been around for ages. Life def gets busy when you get the weight off!!

Well I have been very busy with all my IVF cycles. We are currently on round 1 of full IVF and am doing the horrible 2 week wait!! But on the up side I had acupunture for my ivf and my friend who did it, helped me with my bowel issues. Since last Saturday I have been going everyday!!

Anyway after a 3 month stall I'm finally losing again!! Yay!! I'm now down to 84.1kgs from my start weight of 142.5kgs. I couldn't be happier. This was the best thing I have ever done.

Life is great and my hubby and I have been camping so much over the last few months. Plus we went to Hayman Island at the start of August for my brothers wedding. We went hiking, in an seaplane and went snorkeling. It was the best second honeymoon. And I felt like I fitted in! Plus it was the first time my brother had seen me since my op! He had to do a double take. It was the best feeling and he gave me the biggest hug ever (he is a person who doesn't do hugs lol)

Anyway ladies and gents. I'll let you all have a great weekend and I'll be dropping by more now.

Take care Bec

Hi everyone!!! Sorry I haven't been around for ages. Life def gets busy when you get the weight off!!

Well I have been very busy with all my IVF cycles. We are currently on round 1 of full IVF and am doing the horrible 2 week wait!! But on the up side I had acupunture for my ivf and my friend who did it, helped me with my bowel issues. Since last Saturday I have been going everyday!!

Anyway after a 3 month stall I'm finally losing again!! Yay!! I'm now down to 84.1kgs from my start weight of 142.5kgs. I couldn't be happier. This was the best thing I have ever done.

Life is great and my hubby and I have been camping so much over the last few months. Plus we went to Hayman Island at the start of August for my brothers wedding. We went hiking, in an seaplane and went snorkeling. It was the best second honeymoon. And I felt like I fitted in! Plus it was the first time my brother had seen me since my op! He had to do a double take. It was the best feeling and he gave me the biggest hug ever (he is a person who doesn't do hugs lol)

Anyway ladies and gents. I'll let you all have a great weekend and I'll be dropping by more now.

Take care Bec

So happy for you Bec