Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi all- I will be visiting the Gold Coast on the October long weekend.

I would love to catch up with everyone who can make it! I was thinking maybe we could meet for Breakfast/ Brunch on Saturday October 5?

Anyone able to attend???

I would love to catch up with everyone who can make it! I was thinking maybe we could meet for Breakfast/ Brunch on Saturday October 5?

Anyone able to attend???

Sounds fantastic. Count me in

Anyone able to attend???

I will be there with bells on!

Anyone able to attend???

Let's make it brunch as some of us will be driving from Brisbane.

Great!!! So Brunch at Surfers on the 5 th ;) does anyone have a suggestion of where???

Great!!! So Brunch at Surfers on the 5 th ;) does anyone have a suggestion of where???

Parking and roadworks are a bit of a nightmare in Surfers Paradise so I suggest we make it closer to Main Beach? Maybe one of the cafes in Tedder Avenue or at Marina Mirage?

Lissa - congrats on how far u have come. It is truest amazing. I have been following everyone's journey on this thread for a very long time (now who sounds stalker-ish!) and what everyone else has said is so true. U r such an inspiration.

I am thinking about making the trip for the Gold Coast catch up. Will just have to check what else is on. I would love to meet u all :) and I will have to see if I can get a sitter for my 11 year old. But keep me posted cause I would love to be there if I can.

Misty - I can't wait to b obese! Well done to u! That is awesome news.

Parking and roadworks are a bit of a nightmare in Surfers Paradise so I suggest we make it closer to Main Beach? Maybe one of the cafes in Tedder Avenue or at Marina Mirage?

That will be great!! Is Marina Mirage the place next to the Versace resort? They have some great cafes

Lissa - congrats on how far u have come. It is truest amazing. I have been following everyone's journey on this thread for a very long time (now who sounds stalker-ish!) and what everyone else has said is so true. U r such an inspiration.

I am thinking about making the trip for the Gold Coast catch up. Will just have to check what else is on. I would love to meet u all :) and I will have to see if I can get a sitter for my 11 year old. But keep me posted cause I would love to be there if I can.

Misty - I can't wait to b obese! Well done to u! That is awesome news.

Thanks Helen- you're all very kind!!! I would love too see you in October! Hope you can make it

That will be great!! Is Marina Mirage the place next to the Versace resort? They have some great cafes

Yes Marina Mirage is on the spit at Southport next to Palazzo Versace Hotel and there is lots of free parking. I will check out a venue next time I am there and let you know, unless there is someone from the Gold Coast who can do it?

Hi All,

I'm still counting down the days til surgery! Lol I'm now on my pre op diet - day two and things are fine so far - thankfully not struggling like I have heard many say the first days are hardest.

I am having Optislim shakes for B'fast & lunch and a small piece of meat and a cup of low carb vegies as per my surgeons instructions and I'm not struggling with managing hunger but the shakes are YUCK! I know everyone's tastes are different but I find them far to sweet and I add more Water to combat that but then I just have more unpleasantness to drink lol I can stand it for two weeks but my dietician is talking about drinking the shakes after surgery for at least a month. I'm willing to do anything to lose the weight but if there is another option I'm taking it lol

I am on a low income so I already have to drink these shakes I have bought but can anyone tell me if Optifast is any better or very similar? Are the bars / Soups powdery like they seem on the packaging? Any tips on making life easier would be greatly appreciated! Xo

Donna

Hi All' date='

I'm still counting down the days til surgery! Lol I'm now on my pre op diet - day two and things are fine so far - thankfully not struggling like I have heard many say the first days are hardest.

I am having Optislim shakes for B'fast & lunch and a small piece of meat and a cup of low carb vegies as per my surgeons instructions and I'm not struggling with managing hunger but the shakes are YUCK! I know everyone's tastes are different but I find them far to sweet and I add more Water to combat that but then I just have more unpleasantness to drink lol I can stand it for two weeks but my dietician is talking about drinking the shakes after surgery for at least a month. I'm willing to do anything to lose the weight but if there is another option I'm taking it lol

I am on a low income so I already have to drink these shakes I have bought but can anyone tell me if Optifast is any better or very similar? Are the bars / Soups powdery like they seem on the packaging? Any tips on making life easier would be greatly appreciated! Xo

Donna[/quote']

Optifast is better tasting. The chocolate is the most tolerable. The others are sweeter. The soups are ok but better if you cook them on the stove top with milk and add some bouillon powder and spices. Just be careful to only get it hot enough to eat. If you let it get too hot the Protein will clump.

You won't be able to have the bars until you are on full solids. There are mousses you could have when you are on purée.

Hi All' date='

Donna[/quote']

I agree with Misty. Optifast is better tasting and I liked the chocolate best especially blended with ice with either berries or a nip of espresso coffee.

Hello, I live on the Gold Coast, it seems as though you all know each other! But I would like to meet you all as well. I am 4 weeks post op today. My surgeon was Dr Nolan at Pindara. I have lost 7.2 kg since surgery.

Jen

Hello' date=' I live on the Gold Coast, it seems as though you all know each other! But I would like to meet you all as well. I am 4 weeks post op today. My surgeon was Dr Nolan at Pindara. I have lost 7.2 kg since surgery.

Jen[/quote']

Hi Jen, well done with your weight loss so far. We would love to meet you and are planning a get together on the Gold Coast on 5 October when Lissa is visiting on holidays. Keep an eye on this thread for details.