Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Well tomorrow is my 12 month sleeve anniversary. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I started at 107kg and am now 74kg. BMI was 41 and now is 27. Was size 18-20' date=' but now 12-14. No longer have sleep apnea or need to sleep with a CPAP machine and far less likely to develop diabetes. Still have a few kilos to go to get to my personal goal of 68kg, but feeling positive and looking forward to working on maintenance plan. For anyone contemplating the sleeve as a surgery option I only have positive things to say about it and hope it becomes more widely used in future.[/quote']

Way to go Kelli - I really feel like you and I have travelled these roads together - my year was on the 18th of July! Thanks for being here!

Basically if u eat too fast or too much (like I did today) you get this horrible yuck feeling and lots of excess saliva in ur mouth. (And I mean lots!) it is disgusting. I'm only 3 weeks out and am learning very quickly! I know my problem today was I ate too fast. My lunch was so yummy I had downed 3 bites before I even realised what I was doing!!! I then tried to slow down and chew properly' date=' but too late! Lesson learned the hard way. Never again!!![/quote']

I did this just last week - it has been over a year so you would think I would have learned by now! It is always if I am over hungry and I don't concentrate on my eating and revert to wolfing my food down - old habit!

Hi Nikki.Welcome and good luck with your sleeve journey.I am self funded with good private health cover so I can't advise you on your super release.I will however strongly recommend that you allow an extra 1 or 2' date='000 dollars for unexpected costs.I had to pay a fortune in medical tests before my surgeon would operate.[/quote']

Hi , thank you for the heads up :) I have allowed a few extra $$ for the unexpected things. I do fortunately work for a pathology company so I am bulked billed for any blood tests I may need :) lucky me, because I've already had 4 lots if bloods done, with I'm sure, many more to come!!! Blood test are expensive! I never realised just how expensive they are until I became a pathology collector! What other test test did you have done that cost you extra money? (If you don't mind me asking) I also am in a health fund so I'm only using a smallish portion of my super to cover the rest!

I used super too- it was fine. Quick and easy really- I had thought it would be harder. Your dr will know what they need to write- you can actually access the legislation yourself if you'd like its online. Cheers Liss

Thanks Liss :) I actually phoned the department of human services today, the lady I spoke to was very helpful, I was worried I wouldn't be approved, but she assured me that, that wouldn't be the case if I filled out the paperwork correctly and supplied them with all the relevant documents! I'm not worried about that anymore, which is good! She eased my mind in that department! I had this idea that it would be extremely difficult, thank goodness it's not :)

Congratulations Kelli! You are my hero.

Lissa, you look so beautiful! And I love the walking NSV! And look at you letting yourself be photographed. Way to go!

Lissa, you look so beautiful! And I love the walking NSV! And look at you letting yourself be photographed. Way to go!

Hi Nikki.

I used some of my super to find my surgery. I do have phi but used it to cover my out of pocket expenses. Feel free to message me with any questions u have. Happy to answer.

Helen

Hi :) thank you for offering your help with any questions I may have! It's so nice to have this forum to ask questions from others that have/are going through the same thing! I am also in a health fund and only using my super to cover out of pocket expenses. At the time of posting my question, I hadn't spoken to anyone about the super release. Today, I did. I'm not so worried anymore. I spoke to a lady from department of human services today, she answer all my questions and eased my mind, she assured me that I wouldn't have a problem if I filled in the paperwork correctly and supplied all relevant documents! Although, if I do have any further questions, ill be sure to message you :) thanks again!

So I am in Melbourne for a conference but have had some free time so went to the National Gallery and the conference is at the MCG so of course I had to get some photos :) saw the Monet exhibit- incredible!!

Having a blast!!! Another NSV- walking all around Melbourne without even breaking a sweat!! Walked nearly 10km today and I wasn't even puffed!! Love my sleeve!!

Melissa, I was at Monet today too as I am also visiting Melbourne, but going home to Brisbane tomorrow (Wednesday). We may have walked past each other today and not realised. Wasn't it an amazing exhibition? I also recommend seeing the Geoffrey Rush exhibition at the Arts Centre. I am planning on seeing the Hollywood Costume exhibition at Federation Square too tomorrow morning. If you see this message early enough and have time would you like to meet up in the city in the morning? I am staying at Southbank walking distance to the city and could also meet you for Breakfast if it's the only time you are free.

Melissa' date=' I was at Monet today too as I am also visiting Melbourne, but going home to Brisbane tomorrow (Wednesday). We may have walked past each other today and not realised. Wasn't it an amazing exhibition? I also recommend seeing the Geoffrey Rush exhibition at the Arts Centre. I am planning on seeing the Hollywood Costume exhibition at Federation Square too tomorrow morning. If you see this message early enough and have time would you like to meet up in the city in the morning? I am staying at Southbank walking distance to the city and could also meet you for Breakfast if it's the only time you are free.[/quote']

Yes Kelli!!! I would love that!! I can't believe we were both at the Monet exhibition!! What time? I was there at about 1-2:15 :)

So I am staying on Exhibition St but if you can suggest somewhere for Brekky that would be awesome!! I have to be at a conference at the MCG by 8:45 though !! Hope you get this and we can meet in person!!

Lissa' date=' you look so beautiful! And I love the walking NSV! And look at you letting yourself be photographed. Way to go![/quote']

Thanks Misty :) I would never be in photos before- now I kinda love it!!

Yes Kelli!!! I would love that!! I can't believe we were both at the Monet exhibition!! What time? I was there at about 1-2:15 :)

So I am staying on Exhibition St but if you can suggest somewhere for Brekky that would be awesome!! I have to be at a conference at the MCG by 8:45 though !! Hope you get this and we can meet in person!!

Hi Lissa, great! Where in Exhibition Street are you staying?

Hi Lissa' date=' great! Where in Exhibition Street are you staying?[/quote']

Mantra on the Park but I can meet you anywhere :) you will just have to tell me the address

Melissa I have just sent you a private message with my mobile number. You are welcome to call me now and we can make plans to meet.

Mantra on the Park but I can meet you anywhere :) you will just have to tell me the address

How about I meet you in the foyer of your hotel at 7.15am and we will find somewhere between there and the MCG?

I am at Mantra on the Park but can meet you anywhere :) you will just have to let me know an address or a landmark to use as a reference point