Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi guys. Still stalled with my weight- worse than that actually- the scales said I had out on a kg but I re-weighed the next day and it had gone and I was back to my stall weight.

So guess what my response to this was on Sunday night???? To overeat :(

You'd think I had learned nothing this past year! So I had an attack of the guilts afterwards *cuethepityparty*

I know what I should be doing- staying the course' date=' shaking up what I am eating etc but I am so freaking tired at the moment!! I am finding it hard to eat and to care about eating well when I do eat.

It's pretty stupid and I have been so lucky up until this point!! I just have to suck it up and hold the course... But man, this last 15 kg is a killer!!![/quote']

Lissa what about asking your dietician about doing 2 consecutive days a week at 500 calories? Mine suggested this and it is helping lose the last few kilos. I stick to 800 on the other days. You really have had a great run with regular loses up until now so just treat this as another challenge along the way. You've overcome far worse!!

Lissa what about asking your dietician about doing 2 consecutive days a week at 500 calories? Mine suggested this and it is helping lose the last few kilos. I stick to 800 on the other days. You really have had a great run with regular loses up until now so just treat this as another challenge along the way. You've overcome far worse!!

Thanks Kelli! I don't actually have a dietician at the moment that i am seeing regularly. I agree about the two days at 500 cal- that won't be a problem!! I will give it another week with what I am doing and if still no good then will try as you've suggested!

On a much sadder note' date=' on the Gastric Sleevers Australia FB page we have been told about a fellow Sleeve Sister who passed away today from complications with her operation. There are no details of name or circumstances surrounding this tragic news.

I hope that we can all send our thoughts and love to her family and friends during this very difficult time.

We all know that this surgery is very risky, however, it is rare for things to turn out so tragically. I'm sure this lady would want each of us to continue to do our best to make our 'Sleeves' a success, just as she hoped to do before her surgery.

Sending LOVE to her family and friends during this very difficult time.

May she Rest in Peace.

Michele[/quote']

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that this lady actually had rny bypass. Was out of hospital for 5 or 6 days and went back in for possible leak and died next day during surgery. Very very sad.

Hey guys' date=' just wanted to let you know that this lady actually had rny bypass. Was out of hospital for 5 or 6 days and went back in for possible leak and died next day during surgery. Very very sad.[/quote']

I feel for her family..very tragic. What did you mean by "actually had my bypass"?

I feel for her family..very tragic. What did you mean by "actually had my bypass"?

She had a RNY bypass. Its a type of gastric bypass op

That is so sad! U just never know what can happen.

Well on a happy note... I joined a gym yesterday arvo and I have just done my first class..Body Pump! So happy with how I did. But i did nearly fell down the stairs on the way out hahaha

Congrats Bec! I didn't make it to the gym yesterday which means I need to go today and tomorrow.

Thanks Misty! I did way better than I thought

She had a RNY bypass. Its a type of gastric bypass op

Very sad and this is probably why my surgeon refuses to do bypass ops. He told me the chance of death is one n every 200 - 300 ops. I feel for her family so much as she was trying to improve her quality of life.

Lissa,

There are some people on the FB page asking after you and I was wondering if I could tell them that you are still doing well???

Michele

Lissa' date='

There are some people on the FB page asking after you and I was wondering if I could tell them that you are still doing well???

Michele[/quote']

Hi Michele- of course!! That is really nice. I should rejoin the page...thanks them for asking!! How are you going???

Hi Lissa,

I am doing well thank you. My weight loss is slow and steady. A male friend noticed that I have lost weight tonight and I was really surprised because he is not usually the type to notice things like that. It felt pretty good, I must say. LOL

I will pass on your well wishes to the 'girls' on the GSA page...it was 'Horgeous Alexander' who was asking how you're doing.

Have a great Friday.

Michele

Hi guys. Just wanted to let u all know that I feel amazing! 2 weeks post op today. Getting all my fluids in every day, no pain, no dizziness anymore and feeling awesome. Still struggling with Protein but I'm sure that will happen once I start eating more. I am totally in love with my sleeve. This is the best decision I have ever made. Oh, and I'm down 15 kg including pre op. yay me!

I do have to say thank you to each and every one of u! The support I have gained from this and other sites is unbelievable. I'm off for a catch up with some other Toowoomba sleevers today and so looking forward to it.

My new life has started and I love it!!!

Yay Helen!!! So happy for you!!!