Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

That's it. Has taken me a whole to get comfortable' date=' but now I am set. Lol[/quote']

How are you Helen? Coping ok with liquids?

How are you Helen? Coping ok with liquids?

Hi kelli. I love my sleeve!

I am coping ok. I can eat less than a 1/4 of a cup at a time (which I think is due to swelling) and am managing about 750 mls of Water a day. I'm really trying to concentrate on getting my fluids in and have been increasing by at least 125 mls a day. I will get there eventually. I feel quite well but still get a little dizzy at times and need to sit down. Just taking it slowly. I have a little bit of discomfort on the left hand side where the drain was but am not taking any pain killers at all.

Oh... And I feel full all the time! It's great!

Sounds like you are doing great, Helen! Great job on the fluids. Remember your shakes count as fluids too. And I found chicken bouillon to be a godsend for getting my fluids in. Only 15 calories a serving.

So here I am another step closer to a healthier me... Start opti today. It may sound silly to some but I'm kinda excited. I kept thinking last week I would want to rush out and eat everything in sight as my 'last meal' but I was kinda boring and had fish and veges. Now I will be counting down the next four weeks to my surgery date... Happy days :)

So here I am another step closer to a healthier me... Start opti today. It may sound silly to some but I'm kinda excited. I kept thinking last week I would want to rush out and eat everything in sight as my 'last meal' but I was kinda boring and had fish and veges. Now I will be counting down the next four weeks to my surgery date... Happy days :)

That's great and normal to be excited. Bit tough that you have to do it for 4 weeks instead of the more common two, but are you also able to have a bit of variety with 'free' vege and berries and the odd bit of fish or chicken? That was my Opti program, but it varies from person to person. Good luck.

That's great and normal to be excited. Bit tough that you have to do it for 4 weeks instead of the more common two, but are you also able to have a bit of variety with 'free' vege and berries and the odd bit of fish or chicken? That was my Opti program, but it varies from person to person. Good luck.

That's great and normal to be excited. Bit tough that you have to do it for 4 weeks instead of the more common two' date=' but are you also able to have a bit of variety with 'free' vege and berries and the odd bit of fish or chicken? That was my Opti program, but it varies from person to person. Good luck.[/quote']

Thanks!

I can have the free veges and berries but no fish or chicken :/ I'm ok with that cause I love veges, having 4 serves of opti is the hard part.

Thanks!

I can have the free veges and berries but no fish or chicken :/ I'm ok with that cause I love veges' date=' having 4 serves of opti is the hard part.[/quote']

Mix the shakes up with berries or a nip of good coffee and ice. Makes it thicker and more palatable.

Hi all. Last few days have been very busy for me, but good. I've found myself snacking a little more and I need to reign that in. Not sure what the deal is, but since my trip it feels a little more permissible to have tastes here and there.

Off topic, do any of you guys have experience as people managers and/or as project managers? If so, I'd like to talk to you privately if possible (via PM or email). It's not sleeve related, just career path related. Sorry if that's too weird, and if so, just ignore it. :) I find myself looking for what I can do besides the status quo, post-sleeve. Getting more confident?

Morning. I did not tolerate my dinner last night. First time basically all of it came up. I'm afraid I might not tolerate steamed broccoli well and that's my favourite veggie!

dinner with best friend tonight. Sashimi. I'll also be working out at the gym. PTO Monday and Tuesday!

Morning. I did not tolerate my dinner last night. First time basically all of it came up. I'm afraid I might not tolerate steamed broccoli well and that's my favourite veggie!

dinner with best friend tonight. Sashimi. I'll also be working out at the gym. PTO Monday and Tuesday!

Hi Misty, sorry to hear you bought up your dinner last night. I suspect it wasn't so much what you ate, but maybe either how quickly or with what. I can't imagine broccoli being something you would react to and I certainly don't have any problem with it, but every day we learn something new. I have had a problem with sushi in the past, so hopefully you will enjoy it tonight without issue!

Had my 12 month follow up appt with surgeon today. He is very happy with my progress and I am only 4kg off the goal he set for me. I have a long standing and ongoing issue with low Iron levels but in the last year I have also become anaemic, although he doesn't think it is related to the sleeve. He is referring me back to my gastroenterologist to have a capsule biopsy done of my small bowel to check I don't have a form of lymphoma related to my Coeliac Disease. Small chance, but it's best to rule it out. Apart from that I feel great!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hi Misty, sorry to hear you bought up your dinner last night. I suspect it wasn't so much what you ate, but maybe either how quickly or with what. I can't imagine broccoli being something you would react to and I certainly don't have any problem with it, but every day we learn something new. I have had a problem with sushi in the past, so hopefully you will enjoy it tonight without issue!

I've had a problem with sushi (the rice is tough) but not with sashimi so far. I have to make sure I get tender sashimi like tuna or salmon, and not the more chewy things. I can also have a small amount of dim sim or gyoza / pot stickers. I love edamame as a starter and I can have the equivalent of about 1/4 cup of individual Beans and it sits very well, and low fat and high Protein.

My stomach got upset at lunch yesterday and I don't think it ever fully recovered. I'm feeling much better today and not very snacky. I'm eating lunch right now, a small can of tuna and cruskits. I'm a bit off cruskits but I bought too many boxes when I was first allowed to have them and I'm working through them. I prefer the 9-grain Vitaweats now. SO good..

Had my 12 month follow up appt with surgeon today. He is very happy with my progress and I am only 4kg off the goal he set for me. I have a long standing and ongoing issue with low Iron levels but in the last year I have also become anaemic, although he doesn't think it is related to the sleeve. He is referring me back to my gastroenterologist to have a capsule biopsy done of my small bowel to check I don't have a form of lymphoma related to my Coeliac Disease. Small chance, but it's best to rule it out. Apart from that I feel great!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Holy crap, lymphoma! Straight to the scary stuff. I hope there is another explanation for your anemia. I'm happy that your doctor is happy with your progress. What does he think of your personal goal number?

Holy crap' date=' lymphoma! Straight to the scary stuff. I hope there is another explanation for your anemia. I'm happy that your doctor is happy with your progress. What does he think of your personal goal number?[/quote']

We didn't discuss numbers. He's happy with progress and is leaving it up to me & Di my dietician. Small bowel lymphoma is only a small chance but worth ruling out. Cheers