Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I went out last week for a Christmas break up with some of the girls from the other office of the hospital and it was $45pp (dinner and a really bad Neil Diamond show). Anywho, I only ordered entree and had a coffee later in the evening. I get an internal envelope today with $20 returned because the other girls didn't think it was fair that I paid the full amount and had only entree. That was really nice of them, but like I said, I wasn't fussed if I had to pay the full amount.

Over confident.

I ate too fast tonight. About 3 tbsp of chilli con carne (my wifes recipe, it's killer) and about 3 tsp of guacamole. I didn't eat it all quickly but the first few bites were quicker than the 'new pace'.

Oh my god the worst, violent hiccups I've had in my life. Every time I hiccuped my body contorted!

............ hopefully I won't make that mistake again!!

Ugh been there Deano :) It's nasty. I did the same thing the other day when I had a little bit of a meatball sub. Delicious but I ate too damn fast and paid for it with the worst indigestion and burping ever...*feeling your pain*

Thats great Lila Im really happoy for u after what u went thru x

Thanks Jules :) It's pretty great!

Wow Lila, that's great. 37kg is amazing. I know what you mean with the shopping. I set myself the goal of doing all my Xmas shopping for my daughter, including Santa stuff, in under 3hrs today. I knew all the big things I was going to get, just had to go to all the different shops and also find all those little things. I did it in 2.5hrs and didn't have to stop once. Woohoo. All done.

Thanks :) Well done with your marathon shopping!! I still have to go back on Monday and shop for gifts but the end is in sight now :)

A little off topic, but hey, Lila just got this thread to its 2000th comment!!! And, to my knowledge, not a single bitchy or nasty comment in there.

All you guys are great. So glad I've found you.

Hi, I'm from Melbourne. I had my surgery 15 days ago and have lost 10.5 kilos. Today was my first day on puree and I struggled with it a little, otherwise I am feeling great and am so pleased I finally took this step. Good luck on your journey, stay positive.

I think you are all amazing and its great to get a heads up on what I'll be going through in January and post op. My sleeve revision is just 6 and a half weeks away. I was really anxious making the decision but now it's all organized I feel really great about it all. I'm so impressed with the great losses of you all. I currently have minimal fill in my band and I just want to eat all the time because I finally can after having awful restrictions with the band. Am trying to be careful so as I don't put on too much weight before the op.

Hi guy's' date='

So I weighed myself today on the "heavy" scales at work. At first it was hovering between 115-124kg and I got really excited lol. But the nurse who was there told me to step all the way forward and yep, it bounced back to 130.2. 0.2kg off the damn 120's - curse you scales *shaking fists at the sky* :P

I know these scales can weigh me between 4-5kg heavier than the new electronic scales over in the dr's surgery so when I go next week I will weigh myself over there and see the difference. But at the worst, this means my weight loss is 37kg since September.

I even went shopping for the first time since I had surgery - that is 3 months people. And it was nice because I felt pretty good walking around - admittedly it was just an hour but it's an hour I couldn't have done even a few weeks ago.

And I am not sure if I mentioned this already (sorry if I am repeating myself) but I tried on a size 20 dress at Target this week. Size 20! Considering before surgery the 26's in the Moda (Target) branded stuff often wouldn't fit, this is an awesome experience!! Now, I am not saying that the dress wouldn't have looked better with another 10kg off but I could wear it and in a pinch, in public lol :) Totally cool!

Hope you're all well! Cheers, Lila[/quote']

Lila, that is the best news!! You definitely deserve all the success and I'm so proud of you. xx

A little off topic' date=' but hey, Lila just got this thread to its 2000th comment!!! And, to my knowledge, not a single bitchy or nasty comment in there.

All you guys are great. So glad I've found you.[/quote']

That is so so true - I have never come across such a great supportive group with absolutely no drama which is fantastic!! I'm so proud to be part of this group and have met some wonderful guys and girls undertaking the same journey :)

I agree with Puppyphat and Shell, you guy's are awesome :) And thanks for the props! I am starting to "enjoy" the sleeve!!!

So true Puppyphat, I have read some other threads and they have turned a little narky at times. We are very lucky to have found such a supportive group and dare I say it....it's the Aussie way to look after ya mates :-D

Welcome Aussielady, great loss over the last two weeks! I found purée difficult too, just your tummy getting used to the fuller texture. Mashed is where I started to come unstuck- I had to learn self control and my sleeves limits the hard way....lots of overeating, eating too fast and pain. But we all get there in the end. I hope u find this page as valuable as I have. If I said half the things i say on here to people in my life they would start saying that I obviously regret my surgery and should have thought harder about it, when in fact I'm just expressing my challenges, i do not regret it. Everyone on here gets that and is 100% supportive!

I was just wondering about Hair loss. Some of you have commented on it but not really sure to what degree you mean. Is there a noticeable loss that others would pick up or are you who are affected just aware of it. Is it so bad that the scalp becomes more visible? Excuse my ignorance but would like to know perhaps the worse case scenario. Thank you.

I was just wondering about hair loss. Some of you have commented on it but not really sure to what degree you mean. Is there a noticeable loss that others would pick up or are you who are affected just aware of it. Is it so bad that the scalp becomes more visible? Excuse my ignorance but would like to know perhaps the worse case scenario. Thank you.

Welcome Kate - with me it is noticeable but people have not said anything until I mention that I have had Hair loss - my friend who cuts my hair is a hair dresser so she is much more observant when it comes to hair! I have an all over thinning - no bald spots... Yet!!! I had thin hair to start off with so It probably wouldn't be as noticeable on someone else. I am taking this expensive supplement from Herbs of Gold called ultra silica - for hair skin and nails. It really does work on the nails and seems to slow down the hair fall - what hair I do have is really shiny - not too sure what it does for the skin but maybe it is less dry. I tried other hair skin and nails supplements but they didn't do anything so I guess you do get what you pay for in this case.

My hair loss stared at the 4 month mark so pretty much text book - everyone tells me it starts to grow back at about 9 months so I am keeping the faith! As I have said on this thread many times - I don't really want to be the 'skinny bald chook!' I am not all that worried as I still have hair and one of my friends is going through chemo at the moment and has none so I feel that I can hardly complain!

I wear black shirts to work, people keep brushing all the red hair off my shoulders and back. It is thinning all over but I don't think you can notice yet. I'm only 3.5 months though.