Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi all, it has been a while since I posted but I have been keeping up with every ones progress, you all seem to be coming along so well, I lost my dear daddy and have not gotten around to catching you all up.

I'm now 4 months out and down 26.7 kilos I started at 113.9 kilos and now weigh 87.2 kilos,

I am for the first time in about 10 years fitting in to a size 16, I can't tell you how amazing it feels. I'm doing really well with food the only thing I can't eat is egg, I had a horrible vomit session after eating them and now can even think of eating them. My hair seems to be holding out as is my nails.

I look forward to keeping in contact with you all.

Lilly

Sorry to hear about your dad, Lilly. Thinking of you in this tough time!!

Sorry to hear about your dad' date=' Lilly. Thinking of you in this tough time!![/quote']

Thank you Lila, I said many prayers for you, it's great to see you doing well and that you stayed positive.

Hi guy's' date='

So I weighed myself today on the "heavy" scales at work. At first it was hovering between 115-124kg and I got really excited lol. But the nurse who was there told me to step all the way forward and yep, it bounced back to 130.2. 0.2kg off the damn 120's - curse you scales *shaking fists at the sky* :P

I know these scales can weigh me between 4-5kg heavier than the new electronic scales over in the dr's surgery so when I go next week I will weigh myself over there and see the difference. But at the worst, this means my weight loss is 37kg since September.

I even went shopping for the first time since I had surgery - that is 3 months people. And it was nice because I felt pretty good walking around - admittedly it was just an hour but it's an hour I couldn't have done even a few weeks ago.

And I am not sure if I mentioned this already (sorry if I am repeating myself) but I tried on a size 20 dress at Target this week. Size 20! Considering before surgery the 26's in the Moda (Target) branded stuff often wouldn't fit, this is an awesome experience!! Now, I am not saying that the dress wouldn't have looked better with another 10kg off but I could wear it and in a pinch, in public lol :) Totally cool!

Hope you're all well! Cheers, Lila[/quote']

Awesome on the size 20 dress! I have a black shift style cocktail dress in a size 18 I bought from Australian Target and I am hoping to be able to fit back into it by Christmas Eve:) I was over 102 Kilos before surgery and am down to 94 kilos since my surgery 3 weeks ago...Keep up the great work!

Awesome on the size 20 dress! I have a black shift style cocktail dress in a size 18 I bought from Australian Target and I am hoping to be able to fit back into it by Christmas Eve:) I was over 102 Kilos before surgery and am down to 94 kilos since my surgery 3 weeks ago...Keep up the great work!

Wow that is great - a size 18! Congrats on your awesome loss. It's a lot of weight in three weeks!

Ugh...having a tough day with food today. Had a brilliant week really until today. Just trying to eat Cereal and it's uncomfortable. Doesn't seem to wanna go down. Looks like it might be a crackers day today :(

Lila, i cant relate to that yet, but do you think that Cereal gets all soggy and expands in your tummy? I know when i let it get soggy they blow up because they suck up the milk, or it could even be the milk making you feel blah?

On a different topic, my son is having his birthday party this sunday he is turning 4, he's so excited. Its at a play centre so its going to be kids galore lol!

My endoscopy is this Friday so hopefully things arent to horrid in there and i can get my surgery date when i go back in January, i hate all this waiting!!!!

Lila, i cant relate to that yet, but do you think that cereal gets all soggy and expands in your tummy? I know when i let it get soggy they blow up because they suck up the milk, or it could even be the milk making you feel blah?

On a different topic, my son is having his birthday party this sunday he is turning 4, he's so excited. Its at a play centre so its going to be kids galore lol!

My endoscopy is this Friday so hopefully things arent to horrid in there and i can get my surgery date when i go back in January, i hate all this waiting!!!!

Hi Mimz - 4 is such a great age :) Good luck with all the kids - the play centre is a great idea. I had 22 7 year old's at the movies this year :) Thank god for my family to help me ride herd on that lot! And that I live in a small town with a tiny cinema (one screen lol).

I soak the cereal so it swells before it gets in my belly :) And normally it works pretty well. I have been eating sultana bran for a week or so with no problems. I just think it's really hot so I am drinking more than usual and my belly is at capacity. And you're right about milk - can't drink it since the surgery. I was already lactose intolerant before the surgery so have had Zymil milk for quite a while and even that is tough these days. So the only milk I have is in the morning. cheese is okay and yoghurt (small amounts) is fine too. Actually the BEST thing I had as a treat was some frozen yoghurt with berries the other day. admittedly I could only fit in about 5 spoons but it was a good 5 spoons!

So I just think it's food that is the problem today. drinks go down a treat :) I might have an iceblock or two today as well and try again tomorrow... Cheers, Lila

Hey everyone had my 4 month checkup with my dietitian. She was so surprised with my 37kg loss. She thinks it is awesome. Got my bloods back and everything is perfect, just need to keep up my multi and that's it. She says fish oil will help my hair loss.

She said because a I have had such a dramatic loss my stalls will start to become more often and longer. Have only just broke my 3 week stall in the last few days. Hoping to drop another 7 by the end of the year, that will put me around 110kg.

Wow!! Congrats Kell that is amazing! What an achievement!

Wow!! Congrats Kell that is amazing! What an achievement!

Thanks Lila, I am very happy. Especially breaking the last stall. So frustrating.

You are doing great. Must have been hard but you are very strong to get through it all. You are looking so healthy too. Congrats I. Your achievement.

Hey everyone had my 4 month checkup with my dietitian. She was so surprised with my 37kg loss. She thinks it is awesome. Got my bloods back and everything is perfect' date=' just need to keep up my multi and that's it. She says fish oil will help my hair loss.

She said because a I have had such a dramatic loss my stalls will start to become more often and longer. Have only just broke my 3 week stall in the last few days. Hoping to drop another 7 by the end of the year, that will put me around 110kg.[/quote']

37kg in 4 months? That's bloody outstanding! Well done you:-) all my bloods came back good too do no idea what's causing my issues, but they are subsiding so thats a good sign.

Lila, I am so pleased that you now seem to be almost fully recovered, eating like the rest of us that had surgery around the same time. You had us worried there for a while but your amazing spirit and strength pulled you through. You are an inspiration:-)

37kg in 4 months? That's bloody outstanding! Well done you:-) all my bloods came back good too do no idea what's causing my issues, but they are subsiding so thats a good sign.

Lila, I am so pleased that you now seem to be almost fully recovered, eating like the rest of us that had surgery around the same time. You had us worried there for a while but your amazing spirit and strength pulled you through. You are an inspiration:-)

Thanks :) The support I had during that time was invaluable and really got me through some pretty bleak times! I'm indebted to you all!

Does anyone else find it really hard to eat when it's hot? I suspect it's because I am drinking more (even though I stop about half an hour before meals). I have had trouble eating for the last two days - no pain, just get very full and feel like it's sitting like a brick in my stomach for about two hours afterwards. I am not eating a lot - even a few bites can do it. I don't feel weak or sick though so that's a plus!!

Does anyone else find it really hard to eat when it's hot? I suspect it's because I am drinking more (even though I stop about half an hour before meals). I have had trouble eating for the last two days - no pain' date=' just get very full and feel like it's sitting like a brick in my stomach for about two hours afterwards. I am not eating a lot - even a few bites can do it. I don't feel weak or sick though so that's a plus!![/quote']

I haven't noticed this, but I am an air conditioning queen, so I haven't really noticed the heat either. Maybe it is the increased drinking filling you up, or its just another stage you are going through.

Hi Lila - I have had days like this but can't put my finger on - I am having one today actually!

Sent from my iPhone using VST