Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Wow, congratulations Nessa! That's a fantastic result!! You must feel great :)

I'm feeling great, thanks Lila. Even my sister asked how I dropped 2.8kg! Considering I've been a bit naughty and eating biscuits and snacking, I'm surprised.

Puppyphat - I realised that the post sounded like I was happy you get sick lol. Not the case!! Just happy I am not the only one who gets it (means it's not the leak lol)...

Lol. It's fine, I know what you mean. Just had a call from my NUT saying that the blood test I had last week was all perfect. I have been having a lot of trouble with taking my Multivitamin and honestly haven't taken any since I started on solid food. I was really scared that I would be deficient in a lot of things, but everything was normal. I'm not low in anything, in fact, I was low in Vitamin D at time of surgery and levels are now fine. My NUT asked me if I was taking extra Vitamin D supplements, I said I just spent more time in the sun, which is true. I didn't tell her that I wasn't taking Vitamins, but my Gp thinks that you should only take supplements for things you're deficient in. I'm happy.

I'm feeling great' date=' thanks Lila. Even my sister asked how I dropped 2.8kg! Considering I've been a bit naughty and eating biscuits and snacking, I'm surprised.[/quote']

That's great Nessa. I wish I could say the same. Almost 5 months and stuck on 22kg down for the past month. Though the stall had broken last week, but I went back into the 86kg range again. Frustrating!!

I just bought new scales from Harvey Norman. They are the old fashioned type of scales as the last one's I had (WW scales) never worked well after I changed the battery.

Anyway' date=' these stupid scales weighed me correctly (or at least close to the scales at work) the first time. I then moved them into the bathroom and checked today. According to them I am now 115kg. Now, I know my weight loss has been rapid, but to lose 15kg in a week? Na, not convinced :) So I moved them back out to the lounge and I am apparently 90kg. I even double checked that the start point was at 0 (it was).

I am thinking that I have a date with the "returns" desk!![/quote']

Lila, i haven't had any times where I don't feel like eating, so sorry I can't offer any advice. My good WW digital scales are packed away and I am using an old set of my Mum's. doubt they are all that accurate and they have been stuck for at least a month on 86kg!!! Maybe I should try someone else's scales.

Speaking of blood test, did anyone have one at the 6 month post op mark or will it be done at the 12 month mark?

I'm curious about my levels. If the surgeon doesn't order them, I might ask the GP on Saturday if she can refer me.

Speaking of scales, I love my GP's....I'm 5kg less than what I am at home, so when she records my weight on my file, she'll go by those. I ain't complainin' LOL.

Speaking of blood test' date=' did anyone have one at the 6 month post op mark or will it be done at the 12 month mark?

I'm curious about my levels. If the surgeon doesn't order them, I might ask the GP on Saturday if she can refer me.

Speaking of scales, I love my GP's....I'm 5kg less than what I am at home, so when she records my weight on my file, she'll go by those. I ain't complainin' LOL.[/quote']

I just had my 3 month check and was given a blood work request form to have blood taken1 week before my 6 month check in feb next year. They also requested an additional one for now as I was having nutritional difficulties. That's just my surgeon's protocol.

As I've recorded here earlier, I've been having a rough few days. And this was starting to affect how I viewed my weight loss so far (yep, started comparing myself to other's and was coming up short all the damn time). Anyway I was sitting here and feeling a bit rubbish and started wondering what percentage of my starting weight I'd lost. Well let me tell you - 24%. Yep I an 3/4 of the person I was before :) That makes me feel better :)

As I've recorded here earlier' date=' I've been having a rough few days. And this was starting to affect how I viewed my weight loss so far (yep, started comparing myself to other's and was coming up short all the damn time). Anyway I was sitting here and feeling a bit rubbish and started wondering what percentage of my starting weight I'd lost. Well let me tell you - 24%. Yep I an 3/4 of the person I was before :) That makes me feel better :)[/quote']

Now calculate the % of excess weight you have lost, ie kg between starting weight and either healthy bmi or goal weight. That will make you feel even better seeing how far you are already!!!

Hi I'm

New to this thread and VST I was sleeved on Monday in Sydney by Dr Talbot and feeling like I'm ready to take on my new life. I was an ex para gastric balloon patient in 2010 removed that this year in Sept as it was causing major pain. would love to hear your bits and pieces on what I should be expecting next as the most I have consumed thanks to my fitness pal is 120 calories and that's just from the jelly, custard, broth, tea so the fluids.

As I've recorded here earlier, I've been having a rough few days. And this was starting to affect how I viewed my weight loss so far (yep, started comparing myself to other's and was coming up short all the damn time). Anyway I was sitting here and feeling a bit rubbish and started wondering what percentage of my starting weight I'd lost. Well let me tell you - 24%. Yep I an 3/4 of the person I was before :) That makes me feel better :)

....... and looking at your ticker it looks like you're really close to half way to goal. That's awesome.

Hi I'm

New to this thread and VST I was sleeved on Monday in Sydney by Dr Talbot and feeling like I'm ready to take on my new life. I was an ex para gastric balloon patient in 2010 removed that this year in Sept as it was causing major pain. would love to hear your bits and pieces on what I should be expecting next as the most I have consumed thanks to my fitness pal is 120 calories and that's just from the jelly, custard, broth, tea so the fluids.

Hi and welcome,

I was 4 weeks post op yesterday. I'm eating between 500 and 700 maybe pushing to 800 a day depending on how my stomach is travelling. No issues, just some days it seems to be happy for me to eat more :)

I'm on a 'soft' diet from yesterday and just introducing other foods slowly.

Cheers,

Deano

I just had a share a yay moment as no one else would understand.

I am looking for a dress for a nye wedding my husband and I are going to and have been looking for a few weeks now but it so hard as not sure how much weight I will be at to drop by then, but went into autograph and saw a gorgeous dress (30% off helps too) tried it on in a size 20, thought I might be able to go down a size but the lady said try on the 16, and it looked awesome and actually fit (yes I know there 16s are on the bigger size) but it was still a 16. I am paying $90 for it but hopefully will get more that one wear out of it.

Hi All

I am glad everyone is so well.

Lila please dont focus on the amount. We can have part of our tummy that makes us eat too much cut out, but we cant have that negative part of our brain cut out. Our heads play funny tricks on us sometimes.

Why is it if we put on 2 kilos, we say "Oh my god I put on 2 kilos can you believe it, so much" but when we lose 2 kilos we dont say "that much" it becomes ONLY 2 kilos.

Aussiekelloff, good on you, I remember the first 16 I bought, I was tempted to leave the tag on and hanging out, just to show people i can wear a 16.

Just wait until you go in to City chic with a friend and I pick up a dress and say "this is nice" and the shop assistant says "We dont have anything here to fit you" WOO HOO, I am used to it being "We dont have anything to fit you" for all the WRONG reasons.

I forgot to share a monumental moment this week, I checked my BMI and it is 29. WOW I am OVERWEIGHT not Obese anymore.

I never thought I would be so bloody happy to be overweight.

Only other weight strugglers would understand the joy in being overweight, as I started morbidly obese.

A very happy overweight girl here today.

:)