Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I've just been reading back through this thread. You're all doing an amazing, inspirational job. Very cool to see people at various stages, from pre op to people at goal all helping each other. Nice. Deano

Welcome Deano :) Congrats on your weight loss to date - it's amazing! You'll find a lot of support on this forum as you noted - the people here are brilliant! It's great seeing so many new people to the forum!

Hi everyone' date='

My names Dean. In a 43 years old, married with 8 year old twin girls. I'm a Detective with the Queensland Police.

I had my surgery on the 7th Nov (12 days ago) and I'm feeling pretty good.

My starting weight was 137kgs (301.4) After the 2 week pre op diet I was 130kgs (286) on the day of surgery.

After the first week I was happy to lose another 5 kgs (11) and was at 125kgs (275). So 12kg (26.4) in total.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone. This week my weight seems to have really slowed, it looks like I'll lose about a pound, maybe. I'm not too worried, I know this is a long road, but I was surprised that the weight loss slowed up so quickly.

All the best,

Dean[/quote']

Hi Dean, welcome to our group and congrats on your recent surgery. You will find this a great journey that I am so thankful for as it has changed my life.

I am an Investigator with Office of liquor and gaming in Brisbane so maybe have worked with you or had dealings with you over the years since you are with QPS. Who knows !!

Anyway we cover all stuff sleeve related on this thread.

Thank you....my goal is to lose around 35-38 kgs.... Some may say' date=' wow that's not much, but sadly it is....I almost tipped the 100kgs before my decision to have the surgery. Yes, you may say ...that's not crazy overweight compared to some on here. BUT, I am only barely 5 feet tall.... !! So yes, it is extremely overweight for someone my height. I will be extremely happy if I reach 60kgs, but will also be happy around 65 too...we'll see how things go....I was ecstatic when I broke out of the 90's, last Friday after my surgery... And a very happy and satisfied smile appears on my face each time I see a change in that number! :-)[/quote']

Hi Deb, don't worry about your figures compared to others as its all relative. I was 107kgs to start with and am now 86kg. My goal in about 68kgs, so similar amount to lose as you. Good luck.

Welcome Dean and congratulations on your successful surgery. Don't stress about the weight loss stalling. Sometimes I think it's your body just catching up. I have been experiencing 1-2week stalls since about the 2nd week after surgery. It always breaks but is a bit frustrating at the time. Just keep following doc and dieticians advice and all will be well. You have already done brilliantly. Let us know if you ave any questions along the way. We may not always have the answers but we will always have an opinion often based on our own experiences!!

Hi Dean, welcome to our group and congrats on your recent surgery. You will find this a great journey that I am so thankful for as it has changed my life.

I am an Investigator with Office of liquor and gaming in Brisbane so maybe have worked with you or had dealings with you over the years since you are with QPS. Who knows !!

Anyway we cover all stuff sleeve related on this thread.

Excellent. How long have you worked there? I've been in Child Abuse for 5 years, but could have bumped into you before that when I was in uniform during liquor ops in the city. Good to meet you. Deano.

Welcome Deb and Dean, good luck for your surgeries.

Ozeedonkee, glad you are recovering well.

Lila, look at you all back at work. remember one day at a time and listen to your body regarding fatigue, I think it is pretty normal to have fatigue when you return to work.

Shell, you look awesome in the new pic :)

I have decided to take some time out from trying to looose weight, tho realistically I have probably have been for the last 2 months. I am sitting around 78-79kgs and feel comfortable at this weight for now, this puts me in 28 BMI, and nice and curvy, size 12 bottoms and 14 tops. I am curvy and happy :) I may choose to try loose the last 5 kgs I want, tho most of the excess will then be skin. I am looking to maintaiin now and definitely stay under 80kgs

Welcome Dean and congratulations on your successful surgery. Don't stress about the weight loss stalling. Sometimes I think it's your body just catching up. I have been experiencing 1-2week stalls since about the 2nd week after surgery. It always breaks but is a bit frustrating at the time. Just keep following doc and dieticians advice and all will be well. You have already done brilliantly. Let us know if you ave any questions along the way. We may not always have the answers but we will always have an opinion often based on our own experiences!!

Thanks Kelli. I'm sure I'll be picking everyone's brains along the way! :)

Welcome Deb and Dean, good luck for your surgeries.

Ozeedonkee, glad you are recovering well.

Lila, look at you all back at work. remember one day at a time and listen to your body regarding fatigue, I think it is pretty normal to have fatigue when you return to work.

Shell, you look awesome in the new pic :)

I have decided to take some time out from trying to looose weight, tho realistically I have probably have been for the last 2 months. I am sitting around 78-79kgs and feel comfortable at this weight for now, this puts me in 28 BMI, and nice and curvy, size 12 bottoms and 14 tops. I am curvy and happy :) I may choose to try loose the last 5 kgs I want, tho most of the excess will then be skin. I am looking to maintaiin now and definitely stay under 80kgs

I think the 'average' dress size for Aussie girls is a 16 - so your already way ahead of the pack.

Congratulations. Enjoy. Deano.

I think the 'average' dress size for Aussie girls is a 16 - so your already way ahead of the pack.

Congratulations. Enjoy. Deano.

Thanks Dean :)

Coming from a size 26/28 a 12/14 is awesome...I always wanted to more Marilyn-esque than Kate Moss...and now I am :)

Hi all, just an update... I'm starting week 4, purée stage but am hopeless with sticking with it! Nothing too terrible, I have had tiny bits of fish, really well chewed and had no dramas. Struggling to get Water in but found I can get 1ltr iced tea in easy!!! Was really worried bout Protein and bought some powder which has 34g Protein per 250ml which is half my rdi... I am listening to my body and not pushing things too far. Want to start back at gym and do some cardio n light weights but am suppose to weight till 6 weeks. Ready to go back to work but a bit worried bout fatigue, doing 12 1/2 hr shifts day n night. Anyhoo that's me up to now! Congrats on all the newly sleeved and everyone else seems to be charging along.

Scotty

Welcome Dean and Deb, everyone on this thread are fantastic, supportive and are going so great with there weight loss.

Good luck with the next free weeks, introducing all the food back into your eating.

My story quickly for you Deb is starting weight 156kg, 2 weeks preop, weight day of op 149kg, down 7 kgs, had my op 23rd july. Weight as at today 19th November 118kg. So down 38kgs.

My goal is around 80kgs. That will put me at healthy BMI for my height.

Aussie girl you are such an inspiration. I can't wait to reach goal. But probably won't reach it for a while as my surgeon has cleaned us to start trying to another baby. I don't tinker I can weight until 12 months out. The gap will already be 4 years. But I would like to drop another 8 before end of year and we are going to start trying in new year.

Lila, must be great to get back to work, but take it easy, you will get tired. Good luck with next few weeks.

Hope everyone else is good.

Hi everyone - it has been a little while . Thanks Kayaagh and Kelli for your positive comments re my stall - this thread has some really kind people on it which I have found so helpful and inspiring. Welcome to the new people that have joined - you will find some laughs and some shoulders to cry in here plus tons of valuable advice!

I am glad to report that after two weeks of no weight loss I finally lost a kilo last week and now weigh in at 70.4kgs - only ONE kilo off having a BMI of 25. - healthy range!

I am moving my focus to getting my cholesterol down and trying to remember to take my Calcium twice a day - I know it is really important but seem to have a mental block when it comes to remembering this supplement. So these are my goals. Also try and keep my fluids up too.

It is great to hear about everyone's progress and to hear that everyone is doing so well. Lila - great to hear you are back at work - just take it easy as I know how tired I was and I didn't even have to work!

Hope everyone is well. Sorry I haven't been on much lately. Nothing exciting happening in my life anyway LOL. Here's my update:

Commenced Optifast - Tuesday 12th June 2012

Ceased Optifast - Monday 25th June 2012

Weight on second day of Optifast: 128.1kg

Weight on last day of Optifast: 123.5kg

Weight on day of surgery (26 June 2012): 123.5kg

Current weight (20 November 2012): 97.0kg

TOTAL: 31.1kg

Hi all' date=' just an update... I'm starting week 4, purée stage but am hopeless with sticking with it! Nothing too terrible, I have had tiny bits of fish, really well chewed and had no dramas. Struggling to get Water in but found I can get 1ltr iced tea in easy!!! Was really worried bout Protein and bought some powder which has 34g Protein per 250ml which is half my rdi...

Scotty[/quote']

The kids chicken nuggets smelled SO good. I wasn't tempted, but I'm starting to realise how my brain will need to be re-trained.

I'm going to buy some unflavoured protein. The drinks make me want to gag now. And so do the caramel jerseys I used to eat by the handful....thank goodness.

Welcome Deano :) Congrats on your weight loss to date - it's amazing! You'll find a lot of support on this forum as you noted - the people here are brilliant! It's great seeing so many new people to the forum!

Hi Lila, great news about you going back to work, but try to take it slowly. What did they all say about your weight loss to date? I would love to see an updated photo as I am sure your face already looks different. Have you bought any new new clothes to wear to work?