Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Good luck ozeedonkey best thing ull ever do.

Hi everyone sorry it has been a while! I need a quick bit of advise. About half an hour ago I are my Breakfast - half a sandwich thin, half a slice of cheese and half a scrambled egg. I now have the most intensely painful cramps in my lower stomach area and feel sweaty nauseas and have thrown up about half of what I ate.

Am I dumping? This hurts like crazy does anyone know how long it lasts? I may have eaten my breakky too fast I think..

Probably a bit late but all the best ozeedonkee, see you on the flip side. Look forward to hearing about a successful surgery :)

Hi everyone sorry it has been a while! I need a quick bit of advise. About half an hour ago I are my Breakfast - half a sandwich thin, half a slice of cheese and half a scrambled egg. I now have the most intensely painful cramps in my lower stomach area and feel sweaty nauseas and have thrown up about half of what I ate.

Am I dumping? This hurts like crazy does anyone know how long it lasts? I may have eaten my breakky too fast I think..

You probably ate too much too quickly. It could be dumping but it is less common on our surgery. I cant say i have ever really dumped.

I have had this on a number of occasions, it aint fun, eat time cause I either ate too much or too quickly. It usually subsides in about 1/2 an hour. If it is due to eatting too much, your body is just working jard to process and should relieve itself once enough has been processed. Each time I kick myself for doing what I know I should not.

If it continues for longer then definitely check in with a doctor.

I had dumping about 3 weeks after surgery. I ate a full fat choc mousse instead of low cal washed down with a full fat caramel latte. Yes, I know this was very dumb. I had sweats, was shaking, watery diarrhoea, felt light headed and very queasy.

When I have felt crampy and vomited, it has been because I ate too much too fast. I hope it has subsided now, it usually feels better after the vomit, and I'm back to normal within 30mins. Dumping is when your body gets a big shock of sugar or fat when its not used to it and wants to expel it ASAP. It's more common in the couple of weeks post op when we haven't eaten anything bad for a while.

I have had problems with dumping post surgery although it seems to be a little better recently. If I eat too much though, I feel sick and have to have a lie down. It's pretty awful. And it could be anything that I eat - for me, it seems to be the quantity of what I am eating (which most recently was about 3/4 of a party pie at a kids birthday party on the weekend)...dumb, I know and it was uncomfortable for about an hour. I managed not to puke which was a heroic feat at the time lol. Hope you feel better soon though - that feeling sucks!

I have felt sick on numerous occasions and vomited twice - all from eating too fast. I am still working on keeping it slow and I am sure this will take a while as I am trying to break a lifetime of habits!

I have actually been feeling a bit flat lately - mainly because my weight has finally stalled and I am only 2 kg away from being in the healthy BMI - I so want to get there. I have to own up to not doing any exercise up to this point and for some reason I seem to be constantly snacking lately - not on the right things. Those old habits are hard to beat also I am kind of board with constantly eating Protein. I was a bit disappointed that my blood tests showed that my cholesterol is still in the high range at 5.7. I was hoping it would have come down a bit more. This is probably due to me not eating lean enough Protein. At this stage it is looking like I will just have to live on fish, skinless chicken and nuts! My hair is falling out and is so thin so can't wait until that settles down.

Sorry for the big moan - I know this is pretty much test book reaction when you get this close to goal. :-)

I can't count the times I have had that feeling, like Lila said I have to lie down because I feel so sick my legs almost give away! I have yet to vomit (touch wood!) I can understand why u are feeling like this sue, the excitement that comes with loosing weight is winding down, and your left with dealing with old habits and thinning hair. I think it's perfectly natural to have these feelings. Especially when u just want to reach that healthy weight range.....thing is though the heathy weight range is a single goal for other people......but for you it's the cherry on top of all the other amazing achievements you have accomplished. Look at how far you have already come. Concentrate on this and know that your body will get there when it can. Dont stress about exercise too much- definitely don't let it get you down, that starts up old negative thought patterns and you are so past all that self loathing!!! Give yourself some love, both you and your body have been through a lot and you should walk tall and feel proud! xx

Stalling is bad, gaining is worse. I lost 4kg in one week from being so sick and now that I'm feeling better and eating and drinking, of course, I'm gaining some back. I knew I would and I know that I didn't lose it in a healthy way. And I also know that it was mostly Fluid and that I can't live my life right on the edge of dehydrated, but seeing the scale go up freaking SUCKS!!!

I always thought dumping was like severe runs as opposed to vomiting??? I have had two episodes of throwing up after eating too much or two quickly. Now I am getting used to what I can tolerate now.

I have felt sick on numerous occasions and vomited twice - all from eating too fast. I am still working on keeping it slow and I am sure this will take a while as I am trying to break a lifetime of habits!

I have actually been feeling a bit flat lately - mainly because my weight has finally stalled and I am only 2 kg away from being in the healthy BMI - I so want to get there. I have to own up to not doing any exercise up to this point and for some reason I seem to be constantly snacking lately - not on the right things. Those old habits are hard to beat also I am kind of board with constantly eating Protein. I was a bit disappointed that my blood tests showed that my cholesterol is still in the high range at 5.7. I was hoping it would have come down a bit more. This is probably due to me not eating lean enough Protein. At this stage it is looking like I will just have to live on fish' date=' skinless chicken and nuts! My hair is falling out and is so thin so can't wait until that settles down.

Sorry for the big moan - I know this is pretty much test book reaction when you get this close to goal. :-)[/quote']

Sue you have done so well already and should Celebrate your success. Try and stay positive. We all have stalls and they do pass. I haven't done a lot of exercise yet either, but look what you have already achieved without it! Try not to put too much pressure on yourself.

Stalling is bad' date=' gaining is worse. I lost 4kg in one week from being so sick and now that I'm feeling better and eating and drinking, of course, I'm gaining some back. I knew I would and I know that I didn't lose it in a healthy way. And I also know that it was mostly Fluid and that I can't live my life right on the edge of dehydrated, but seeing the scale go up freaking SUCKS!!![/quote']

I seem to loose a few kilos then gain a couple back then loose again in a few weeks. Eg, I was 115.4, then went up to 117, now am 115.8.....all in 2 weeks. I'm wondering if it's just my body or my scales!! It has been this way since the op, and yes it sucks!!!!

Hey everyone, it's been awhile. Have been super busy with life.

I am lucky enough to not have vomited either, but have definately had that awesome stuffed feeling way too often and have to lie down until it passes. I know I still eat way too fast, such a hard habit to stop. I have been going pretty good to read the signs and also look at the amount I have eaten and stop before I have that 1 mouthful too much.

Sue you must feel so good to be so close to a healthy weight range. It feels so far off for me.

Update with me is I have lost 36.3 kgs since July. I am still averaging 2 kgs a week. I still have around 38 kgs to go to goal. My hair is coming out in ridulous amounts. I can't wait for that to stop, I am really worried I won't have much more to lose.

I get my first bloods back next week, so would be good to see if I am lacking anything, I must admit I have been feeling quite tired for the last few weeks, but that could be being busy, more hours at work, plus just recovered from a bad cough/cold.

Hope everyone is good. But I have a question, how is everyone feeling about the silly season coming up so fast, parties, food, drinking? I am so use to drinking way too much and over eating. This I think will be a huge test for me.

Hi Aussie, great to get your update. I haven't thought about Christmas as I still won't be able to eat any more than I do on a normal day. Couldn't even if I wanted to, which I don't thank goodness. I will still look forward to enjoying a little of the yummy foods and am sure I will still fit in a rum ball or two but I am not going to stress about it. Relax and enjoy the festivities.

I think if I have a glass of bubbles on Xmas day, I'll sleep through to New Years. I was a massive light weight before surgery and now wouldn't dare touch it. I'm scared that my eyes will be bigger than my tummy. I'm looking at all my yummy old recipes that I used to make and getting a little depressed. I just know that I won't have room for seafood, and ham, and turkey, and potato dishes, and salads and 3 helpings of dessert. THIS IS A GOOD THING. maybe if I say it to myself every day until Christmas, by the time the day comes I'll have convinced myself.

Thought just came to me... What on earth am I going to do with the full leg ham that my work gives us each Xmas? It'll take me a year to eat it. Lol.