Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

That's great Scotty. Best of luck

IVE BEEN APPROVED FOR EARLY RELEASE OF SUPER ( sort of ) the bloke rang today to query some things on my application and said it all checked out' date=' I said so does that mean its approved and he said when I get the letter it will be approved, but yes Im pre approved. Rang Super and they said it takes 5 working days to release Super. SOOOOOOOo it might be all done by end of October sleeve included WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO. On a side note Lila I asked if something went wrong would I be able to dip in again and they said yes so its something to look into.......[/quote']

That's fantastic Scotty, how exciting

Yey scotty!!! So cited for you!!!

Post op 4.5 weeks, my weight stalled the past 2 weeks and after talking with my dietician again it has started to go down again. Within a couple of days of starting to eat 6 small meals each day and at least one a glass of Water 15 minutes before each meal, I've already lost another kilo! It works!!! He assured me the more frequently I ate and included the right nutritional elements the more I would lose and the better I would feel getting all food groups covered. It's difficult, but definately worth it. If any of you who are post op are not talking to your dietician I recommend you do so until you have the regime down pat. If you eat less and don't get enough of the right types of food your weight loss may slow down and you may get sick over time due to lack of Vitamins and minerals. Sorry if ths sounds like a lecture, but this is really a learning process for all of us ad is an ongoing process. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using VST

hi kelliv, what types of things are you eating? Im having trouble with finding things that go down easily that are a healthy choice

hi kelliv' date=' what types of things are you eating? Im having trouble with finding things that go down easily that are a healthy choice[/quote']

I am eating pretty much anything now, but haven't yet tackled a piece of steak. I find crunchy things go down more easily than soft. For example white fish and scrambled egg are a little difficult and seem to sit there for ages.

Ideas:

High fibre Cereal with low fat milk & fruit

Toast with any combination of Tomato, shaved ham, poached egg, baked Beans, avocado, spinach etc

Porridge with low fat milk & stewed fruit or prunes

Crispbreads with any combination of tomato, tasty cheese, cottage or philly, tuna, salmon, shaved ham, chicken, salad such as grated carrot, lettuce, beetroot etc

Babybel cheese & a carrot

Cooked meats

Sorry sent without finishing...

Raw and cooked vege/salads

Pasta, rice or Beans, cooked or cold in salads

fruit salad

Yoghurt, plain low fat greek and add fruit or add to Cereal

Potato, sweet potato or corn, just one serve per day.

Any combination of these meals 6 times per day x half to one cup. I am still only getting in about half a cup per sitting.

Hope this helps...Does anyone else have some suggestions???

My go-to snack lately has been natural frozen berries with 0% Greek yoghurt (chobani brand)... I make it up when I make Breakfast and the berries have defrosted by the time I need my snack :)

Oh n if babybel is too $$$ I just switch it for a wedge of the laughing cow cheese (which comes in original and lite)

Macadamias also help control blood sugar levels...

Sorry for triple post: but my sister got one of these (you can get similar in microwaveable form) and poach an egg while also warm some ham/spinach/beans/mushrooms/whatever in the other cups for a quick easy breaky...

http://www.lasoo.com.au/offer/egg-cookers-0/smart-value-egg-poacher/4rxhfi2kl.html?source=category&pageopt=egg-cookers-0

I'm having a bit of a meltdown. I haven't been hungry at all since surgery but today is the first time since, that I've wanted to eat something bad.

I have a lot of spare time now that I'm off work and not eating. I've been bored a lot today and usually that would've been fixed with a trip to the nearest drive through. The thoughts of my favorite foods are creeping in my head. I really loved getting a big fat greasy meal and just enjoy eating it.

So im trying to distract myself with visit to my parents. All they are talking about are the food preparations for his seventieth birthday party, his birthday yum cha tomorrow morning and family dinner tomorrow night. All of which I'm

Going to be bored at as I won't be able to eat anything.

I know it'll all be worth it in the end and that I should try and think about how good I'll feel down the road. But for now all I can think is that I'm missing out on things I really love. So now I'm crying and depressed and don't know what to do. I know that I needed this surgery but right now, I don't know how to get through this bump. Maybe things will pick up on Wednesday when I can have puréed food.< /p>

I'm not hungry but I miss eating today.

Hey susie! You'll be ok! Why don't you go through some of the other forums on here, I find they are a good distraction and motivator!

You will be able to eat again, you know this, but not now. Now is your time to deal with cravings while your body is on your side! You will be fine! I know this! Remember, you are a strong and powerful woman! You are a grown up taking control of your life!!! food is only a part of this life, and maybe your folks attitude toward constant eating is a part of the problem! Think about how you can get some exercise or other fun instead of just food!

I'm with you!!!!

Hey everyone,

I do have my fitness pal Susie, but forget to write in all my stuff, might start using it again.

Congrats Scotty about your super.

Good to hear karaygh that you are doing well.

Lila, not good, but you are an inspiration, you are still so positive. Hope everything goes better from now.

I am happy to help Lila out too.

Good to hear everyone else is going well.