Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

True, except for the slm, it's got lower carbs (6.8 from memory) but lower Protein (24. Something from memory) the n-force2 has 34.6 protein and 12. Something carbs...

I'm thinking of going on a week of liquids in sympathy for those on pre-op diet and chemist warehouse has some good specials- but wondering if anyone has tried:

Fatblaster

Swisse

Optislim

Meal Replacements and what they thought of them :)

Lol!!! Well the aldi ones taste like brownie mix.. How bad can it be? :D

Had a long session with my dietician this morning and he says Optifast is the absolute best on the market for the balance of all the right ingredients.

I am now 4 weeks post op and it has gone so quickly. From today I can eat any normal good quality food I wish, but have to significantly increase the frequency to 6 small meals a day just to get all of the nutrician. I am a bit daunted as to how I am going to get it all down, but still only talking about 1/2-1cup per meal.myweight has stabelized over past 2 weeks as I haven't been eating enough!!! Yes sounds strange doesn't it? Wish me luck as I am going to have to be organised. Dietician etimates I shoud lose about 3kgs per month which I would be happy with.

Sent from my iPad using VST

If anyone was wondering the outcome....

Ended up heading to the muscle shop and got the Elite whey Protein Isolate in the rich choc. 1 scoop with about 200ml Water tasted ok and bumps up my Protein by 24g and is 117 calories which keeps me well in my 500-700 calorie days. I got a big tub for $30 and the woman serving me was wonderful i told her exacrly what i needed and she helped me find the right one! I also asked about musashi abd she said that it was common because its more readily available - not because its any better.

I'm easily making up the rest of my protein with Optifast and the rest.

Feeling pretty good :) still so bazaar that I don't feel hungry! Have to keep reminding myself to have my Breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Hope everything went well today kayargh! Have been thinking of ya and sending good thoughts and positive vibes!

Xo

I also asked about musashi abd she said that it was common because its more readily available - not because its any better.

I agree, I like the convenience & it was my sisters recommendation so I would have felt funny not to take her advice (she's pretty gung-ho) :) but I reckon most are pretty similar! Good luck :)

Had a long session with my dietician this morning and he says Optifast is the absolute best on the market for the balance of all the right ingredients.

I am now 4 weeks post op and it has gone so quickly. From today I can eat any normal good quality food I wish' date=' but have to significantly increase the frequency to 6 small meals a day just to get all of the nutrician. I am a bit daunted as to how I am going to get it all down, but still only talking about 1/2-1cup per meal.myweight has stabelized over past 2 weeks as I haven't been eating enough!!! Yes sounds strange doesn't it? Wish me luck as I am going to have to be organised. Dietician etimates I shoud lose about 3kgs per month which I would be happy with.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Wow Kelli, 6 small meals a day. I can only do 3 and that includes my Optifast Breakfast. Then lunch like a sandwich thins with some avo, cottage cheese and tuna etc then Protein mainly for dinner. That's all I can do, maybe I could get a babybel cheese in as a snack or something but that's forcing myself as really not hungry.

I eat the same things breakfast and lunch for 6 days a week and Sunday I do totally different to not get bored. I usually have either sushi or a mini chicken pita from nandos. This is my only takeaway type food but my personal trainer said the mini pita is actually pretty good and not concerned with this.

Hope Karaygh is well :)

Hi all!! Well I am now part of the sleeved posse and thought I would check in with you all after all your beautiful well wishes. Doc said op went really well, they had to repair a hernia as well but that seemed no drama, just made the op two hours instead of one. Woke up in heaps of pain and nausia despite all the drugs they pumped in me, but this has now settled. They kept me in icu for a few hours because my heart rate was dropping to under 50- but I assured them that has been my resting rate rate since I was born with a hole in my heart. Been trying to get some liquids down but everything tastes so incredibly sweet!! So that's no very comfortable. Anyway I'm falling asleep as in writing this so I'll sign off.

Hi all!! Well I am now part of the sleeved posse and thought I would check in with you all after all your beautiful well wishes. Doc said op went really well' date=' they had to repair a hernia as well but that seemed no drama, just made the op two hours instead of one. Woke up in heaps of pain and nausia despite all the drugs they pumped in me, but this has now settled. They kept me in icu for a few hours because my heart rate was dropping to under 50- but I assured them that has been my resting rate rate since I was born with a hole in my heart. Been trying to get some liquids down but everything tastes so incredibly sweet!! So that's no very comfortable. Anyway I'm falling asleep as in writing this so I'll sign off.[/quote']

Great to hear everything went well. Hope the meds help the pain. Get plenty of rest.

I think I need to increase my Protein also. I have been lazy and havent been tracking it. Water is no probs. but I find it hard to eat, I forget too especially when I am home and running around with my boy. At work it's a little easier as I have breaks. I don't get hungry.

Susie great idea, might have to do what you did and get some advice.

I am still losing. Have lost 23kgs so far. We are going camping for 4 days tomorrow, have tried to take Protein Snacks but might be hard out there.

Hope you all have a great week.

Hi all!! Well I am now part of the sleeved posse and thought I would check in with you all after all your beautiful well wishes. Doc said op went really well' date=' they had to repair a hernia as well but that seemed no drama, just made the op two hours instead of one. [/quote']

That's great :D

Aussie kelloff, have you tried MyFitnessPal? It's super easy to scan or enter in everything you eat or drink and it tells you calories and nutritional breakdowns for each day. I never thought I would end up one of those "freak" calorie counters but I'm addicted! It's funny that I now really care about what's going into my body. By the way if anyone wants to friend me on it you can find me under susiclethemusical :)

Hope you have fun camping! Last time I went I couldn't walk up from fishing without losing my breath and making up an excuse to stop like "wow look at this view!" haha can't wait to go next time! Feeling so fantastic!

Congrats kayargh! So happy you're out and recovering :) my first night in hospital was rough and painful from the gas but I did was I was told by you lovely people and got up and walked around and felt so much better for it!

Wishing you a quick recovery!!

Xo

Hi all!! Well I am now part of the sleeved posse and thought I would check in with you all after all your beautiful well wishes. Doc said op went really well' date=' they had to repair a hernia as well but that seemed no drama, just made the op two hours instead of one. Woke up in heaps of pain and nausia despite all the drugs they pumped in me, but this has now settled. They kept me in icu for a few hours because my heart rate was dropping to under 50- but I assured them that has been my resting rate rate since I was born with a hole in my heart. Been trying to get some liquids down but everything tastes so incredibly sweet!! So that's no very comfortable. Anyway I'm falling asleep as in writing this so I'll sign off.[/quote']

Congratulations on your successful surgery. Just rest now and take each days as it comes. In a couple of weeks te discomfort of the first couple of days will be a distant memory.

Wow Kelli' date=' 6 small meals a day. I can only do 3 and that includes my Optifast Breakfast. Then lunch like a sandwich thins with some avo, cottage cheese and tuna etc then Protein mainly for dinner. That's all I can do, maybe I could get a babybel cheese in as a snack or something but that's forcing myself as really not hungry.

I eat the same things breakfast and lunch for 6 days a week and Sunday I do totally different to not get bored. I usually have either sushi or a mini chicken pita from nandos. This is my only takeaway type food but my personal trainer said the mini pita is actually pretty good and not concerned with this.

Hope Karaygh is well :)[/quote']

Hi Shell, Every day i have to eat a minimum of 3 serves of grain foods such as bread, rice, Pasta, 1 serve of meat/fish/protein, 1 1/2 serves of fats including nuts/avocado, 3 serves of fruit, 3 serves of light vege/salad, 1serve of sarchy vege such as potato or corn and 1 1/2 serves of dairy. Not sure how I will eat it all, but he assures me I need the volume and range of food for energy and nutritional value. Are you still seeing a detician?