Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

I'm having a bit of a meltdown. I haven't been hungry at all since surgery but today is the first time since' date=' that I've wanted to eat something bad.

I have a lot of spare time now that I'm off work and not eating. I've been bored a lot today and usually that would've been fixed with a trip to the nearest drive through. The thoughts of my favorite foods are creeping in my head. I really loved getting a big fat greasy meal and just enjoy eating it.

So im trying to distract myself with visit to my parents. All they are talking about are the food preparations for his seventieth birthday party, his birthday yum cha tomorrow morning and family dinner tomorrow night. All of which I'm

Going to be bored at as I won't be able to eat anything.

I know it'll all be worth it in the end and that I should try and think about how good I'll feel down the road. But for now all I can think is that I'm missing out on things I really love. So now I'm crying and depressed and don't know what to do. I know that I needed this surgery but right now, I don't know how to get through this bump. Maybe things will pick up on Wednesday when I can have puréed food.< /p>

I'm not hungry but I miss eating today.[/quote']

Oh Susie! I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I am 5 days out and I'm pretty sure I felt hungry for most of today. I know exactly what you mean, preparing Breakfast, lunch and dinner for the girls has been a challenge. I just wanted to eat the herbed sausages and mash veg last night.....and how I would love to hae some KFC- I was addicted to that crap! But it's not just fav foods, it's everyday foods I tend to miss. Crying about it probably isn't such a bad thing, creates endorphins for one, and gives you an emotional release, the kind you used to get from food. You will get past this because it takes a strong person who knows exactly what they need and want in life to have this surgery. And that is you!!!!! You have made the best decision for your health and well being, and like all good things in life, at times it isn't going to be easy. But we are all here for you and tomorrow is a brand new day xxx

I'm having a bit of a meltdown. I haven't been hungry at all since surgery but today is the first time since' date=' that I've wanted to eat something bad.

I have a lot of spare time now that I'm off work and not eating. I've been bored a lot today and usually that would've been fixed with a trip to the nearest drive through. The thoughts of my favorite foods are creeping in my head. I really loved getting a big fat greasy meal and just enjoy eating it.

So im trying to distract myself with visit to my parents. All they are talking about are the food preparations for his seventieth birthday party, his birthday yum cha tomorrow morning and family dinner tomorrow night. All of which I'm

Going to be bored at as I won't be able to eat anything.

I know it'll all be worth it in the end and that I should try and think about how good I'll feel down the road. But for now all I can think is that I'm missing out on things I really love. So now I'm crying and depressed and don't know what to do. I know that I needed this surgery but right now, I don't know how to get through this bump. Maybe things will pick up on Wednesday when I can have puréed food.< /p>

I'm not hungry but I miss eating today.[/quote']

Hi Susie

I am over 8 weeks since my surgery and I remember going through exactly the same thing as you.I shed quite a few tears. It is all about coming to terms with what a gap eating food leaves in your life and mourning they way you used to be able to eat. It does get better once you move on to the next stages and then finally start eating real food again. I think what you are feeling is a common feeling after surgery. I just kept telling myself that this kind of eating is what was got me into trouble in the first place and asked myself would I really like to go back to that uncontrolable way of eating - I kept getting the same answer - no way! You have done the right thing and you will feel much better about it once you see those kilos coming off and you are dropping the jean sizes.

I have a confession to make - I actually had some KFC tonight - it was pretty discusting and I did not feel too good after it so I won't be going there again. I am still amazed at how much of that greasy chicken people around me can put away!! I really must be actually getting used to the small quantities I can eat now! I am so happy I have this new stomach as I would have been one of those shoveling piece after piece down my throat!

I don't know if I have helped but I promise that your thoughts will change as you progress back to eating and then you will start to be amazed and alarmed at how much everyone eats! I keep those thoughts to myself though!

All the best and keep smiling - we are all with ya!

I have not had KFC which used to be my favourite and have also not had Maccas but once a week I have a mini chicken pita from Nandos for a cost of $4.50 and once weekly I also have one sushi. The pita from nandos is dinner tonight.

Honestly have no interest in KFC anymore thank god cause I loved it...

Went for a 1.5hr walk tonight, so love getting out of the house and going to go and bye a pushy to start bike riding and get back into my horse riding so can't wait..

You will overcome the thoughts of food when you can eat food again, the Fluid and purée stage was a little tough but manageable and all be over soon...

The reality is after getting the sleeve and starting back on normal food, even if you decided to indulge in a treat occassionaly you can only eat a very small amount, so it's not as though you can't have take away as a treat in future. We had fish and chips with salad at the beach yesterday. I got through about a third of a piece of grilled fish, had 4 chips and a couple of bits of salad and I was done. No you don't get the same mental satisfaction of eating a big takeaway meal but you are still satisfied. It's very much a mental challenge which I am hoping and am sure will get easier over time.

Sent from my iPad using VST

thanx for the ideas kelliv & cookieees, I agree with you kelliv the crunchy things seem to go down better than the smooth... weird, you would think it would be the opposite way around. Do you still have pain getting food down? Im guessing this is normal but some days it hurts more than others. i tried watermelon the other day, thinking it was nearly all Water I presumed it would be a good choice ... boy was I wrong. It got stuck somewhere & honestly felt like I had been stabbed in the back with a knife which had gone through to my chest, it was even hard to breathe or talk!!....... My first vomiting episode :( Two days later stupid me ate a tiny piece of lamb done in the slow cooker... that brought on episode two!!! I have also tried a tiny bit of mince .... episode 3!! So Im a little scared to try new things, crackers seem to go down ok, yoghurt is usually ok, weight watchers choc mousse & sf jelly are ok, babybell cheese hurts a little going down & stewwed apple also feels really heavy. Maybe Im just getting impatient & should stick with what I know stays down for now. Im just a bit worried Im not getting much Protein.< /p>

thanx for the ideas kelliv & cookieees' date=' I agree with you kelliv the crunchy things seem to go down better than the smooth... weird, you would think it would be the opposite way around. Do you still have pain getting food down? Im guessing this is normal but some days it hurts more than others. i tried watermelon the other day, thinking it was nearly all Water I presumed it would be a good choice ... boy was I wrong. It got stuck somewhere & honestly felt like I had been stabbed in the back with a knife which had gone through to my chest, it was even hard to breathe or talk!!....... My first vomiting episode :( Two days later stupid me ate a tiny piece of lamb done in the slow cooker... that brought on episode two!!! I have also tried a tiny bit of mince .... episode 3!! So Im a little scared to try new things, crackers seem to go down ok, yoghurt is usually ok, weight watchers choc mousse & sf jelly are ok, babybell cheese hurts a little going down & stewwed apple also feels really heavy. Maybe Im just getting impatient & should stick with what I know stays down for now. Im just a bit worried Im not getting much protein.[/quote']

Hi, yes most days and usually at dinner I get pain/discomfort after eating. It is usually because I've eaten more than I should and too quickly but it is getting better. My dietician suggested eating til satisfied not until pain starts and to slow down between bites. I haven't vomited yet but been close a few times. Not a nice feeling. Every day is a new day and opportunity to do better.

I'm amazed at how much some of you can eat in a day. My fridge is so full of half things that there's no room for new things. Ie: 1/2 an Atkins shake, 1/2 a small tin of tuna, 1/2 an individual Philadelphia pack, 1/2 an apple and berry purée, etc. this is what I ate today.

Breakfast: 1/2 small bottle of pineapple juice

Snack: other 1/2 of the juice

Lunch: 2 small pieces of smoked salmon and 1 slice of Swiss cheese

Snack: small Decaf skim latte

Dinner: 1/2 an Atkins shake

I manage about 1-1.5L of Water a day, but if I force myself to eat any more, I know I'll bring it up. I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow and am just starting week 2 of 4 weeks soft food. I know I'm not getting all my Protein, so save that bit, I just can't physically fit anymore in. Even the shakes are hard to finish.

I'm covered from head to toe in big yellow and purple bruises from paintball last week and have been working nightshift this week. My dear younger sister kindly mentioned that with the dark circles under my eyes, all the bruises and the rapid weight loss, people at work are going to think I have cancer. Her way of kindly telling me I look terminally ill, but she also added "but at least you look skinnier".

Hey guys! I had a great day today, but have had pain in chest like refluxy? I've never had reflex before but it's sort of like chest into back... And I sort of feel like that sharp biley taste way back in my throat... If its still there in morning I'll see a doctor but just wondering if that seems like heartburn/reflux etc...

Hey guys! I had a great day today' date=' but have had pain in chest like refluxy? I've never had reflex before but it's sort of like chest into back... And I sort of feel like that sharp biley taste way back in my throat... If its still there in morning I'll see a doctor but just wondering if that seems like heartburn/reflux etc...[/quote']

Hey cookeeeez it's sounds like gall stones! Those sounds like the type of pains I has when I had them. If feels like you chest is caving in, but also comes from the back. Keep an eye on it. Ask your doctor, they can send you for an ultrasound. Keep us updated

I'm amazed at how much some of you can eat in a day. My fridge is so full of half things that there's no room for new things. Ie: 1/2 an Atkins shake' date=' 1/2 a small tin of tuna, 1/2 an individual Philadelphia pack, 1/2 an apple and berry purée, etc. this is what I ate today.

Breakfast: 1/2 small bottle of pineapple juice

Snack: other 1/2 of the juice

Lunch: 2 small pieces of smoked salmon and 1 slice of Swiss cheese

Snack: small Decaf skim latte

Dinner: 1/2 an Atkins shake

I manage about 1-1.5L of Water a day, but if I force myself to eat any more, I know I'll bring it up. I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow and am just starting week 2 of 4 weeks soft food. I know I'm not getting all my Protein, so save that bit, I just can't physically fit anymore in. Even the shakes are hard to finish.

I'm covered from head to toe in big yellow and purple bruises from paintball last week and have been working nightshift this week. My dear younger sister kindly mentioned that with the dark circles under my eyes, all the bruises and the rapid weight loss, people at work are going to think I have cancer. Her way of kindly telling me I look terminally ill, but she also added "but at least you look skinnier".[/quote']

Hey puppyphat, I can't eat as much as them either. I am 8 weeks post op today and still eat very little, I usually have decaf skim latte for Breakfast, veggie juice for morning tea, 1 cruskit with avo, Tomato and deli meat, nothing for afternoon tea, and then dinner all I can eat is about 1/2 cup of what ever I make, sometimes not even that.

I am still trying to remind myself to eat during the day as I forget too.

Thank goodness it's not just me. I make something, then completely lose interest in eating it. I'm glad I'm no longer grazing all day, but I do have to force myself to eat.

I eat about the same as you also. Breakfast 6 days is an Optifast, Sunday brekky is scrambled egg and mushrooms. lunch is like 1 crusket or sandwich thin with avo, cottage cheese, deli meat and dinner is always like a cup of Protein ir; fish, meat with a mouthful of vegs. This is all I can do with sometimes a babybel as a snack or a babychino as I can't do a bigger coffee yet.

For dinner in Saturday which is family takeaway night I had a mini classic pita (not meal) from nando's. My husband had one also ontop of his maccas meal and gulped it in one mouthful and can't believe that I am full from this and maybe a little too much..haha..

I had some pics taken this morning at 8 weeks post op and actually wearing a dress for first time in years. Can't remember last time I wore one so I have decided I will upload later the day of surgery to now as I am so not one for pics but time to step out of my comfort zone. I have found this the case with my work too, I was promoted to principal investigator at work for a six month period, starting today and was told by my boss they have seen a huge transformation in my confidence and belief in myself since op and time for me to again get out of my comfort zone.. Scary

I was promoted to principal investigator at work for a six month period' date=' starting today and was told by my boss they have seen a huge transformation in my confidence and belief in myself since op and time for me to again get out of my comfort zone.. Scary[/quote']

Wow congrats on the promotion! Very exciting, remember nerves are good- it means you care about doing a good job.

Can't wait to see the pics!

I sometimes think I'm eating to much as I never really measure things out. Will keep an eye on things and see how I go.

This morning I would've had 1/4 cup muesli with about heaped spoon of Greek yoghurt and some diced tinned mango.

dinner last night was a golf ball sized meatball and about 1/4 cup cous cous. lunch today will be the same (leftovers).

Wow congrats on the promotion! Very exciting, remember nerves are good- it means you care about doing a good job.

Can't wait to see the pics!

Whilst not the same, I went to the movies with my sister and 2 of her coworkers and they haven't seen me in a while and they were very complimentary on how I looked. Even my sister says I'm much happier now that I've lost some weight.