Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Hi all!! Well I am now part of the sleeved posse and thought I would check in with you all after all your beautiful well wishes. Doc said op went really well' date=' they had to repair a hernia as well but that seemed no drama, just made the op two hours instead of one. Woke up in heaps of pain and nausia despite all the drugs they pumped in me, but this has now settled. They kept me in icu for a few hours because my heart rate was dropping to under 50- but I assured them that has been my resting rate rate since I was born with a hole in my heart. Been trying to get some liquids down but everything tastes so incredibly sweet!! So that's no very comfortable. Anyway I'm falling asleep as in writing this so I'll sign off.[/quote']

I am so happy for you! I hope you get some good rest and things get back to "normal" soon ;)

Hi all guys :) another update... To answer a few questions, there is sometimes no good reason for a leak. This is the first one my surgeon has ever had. She has helped others recover though. I needed to stress that there is no fault here...the averages were against me on the day. My surgeo.n is amazing and I truly credit her and the whole team for saving my life.

Part of the problem with this leak is that there are no definites- I come up against the old how long is a piece of string adage a lot. On average it's about four weeks nil by mouth before you can start at the liquis stage.

For me, my surgeon was discussing operating to put in a stent next week but today she said she felt that maybe they would just see how I go with a nasal feeding tube. The started me on TPN tonight which is providing me with nutrients. It's a bit scary as I hadn't had any nutrients in 9 days I am at high risk for refeeding syndrome which is your body going into shock from having nutrients after being deprived so long.

I was transferred to Tweed Hospital today and they are amazing! So caring and lovely! The biggest difference is the noise- there are some very rude and loud old men here who keep calling out all night. Hence the checking of this forum at this time. Otherwise it's been positive. Have got some new pretty severe pain on my left hand side that they are talking about doing a ct scan for tomorrow. Hoping it's just muscular pain but will let you know. Worried as its close to my drains. Anyhow will know more later today now...

I just want to thank each and everyone of you fr your support! I am not up to visitors just yet though as soon as I am able would appreciate meeting you in person. I feel so privileged to be part of this group!

Night, Lila

Hi Lila, glad to hear you have been transferred and are comfortable except for the noise. You will have to get some ear plugs! I found other rooms call buttons going off all night the noisest part of my hospital stay and I was on the maternity ward so they never stopped! I hope your test today go ok. Is your surgeon still looking after you? She mudt be devastated that this has happened. I had a nasal tube for the first 2 days and it was gross, so you are very brave having one for a month! You have such a positive attitude which I am sure will add your recovery. Take care and keep us posted. Kelli x

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi Lila' date=' glad to hear you have been transferred and are comfortable except for the noise. You will have to get some ear plugs! I found other rooms call buttons going off all night the noisest part of my hospital stay and I was on the maternity ward so they never stopped! I hope your test today go ok. Is your surgeon still looking after you? She mudt be devastated that this has happened. I had a nasal tube for the first 2 days and it was gross, so you are very brave having one for a month! You have such a positive attitude which I am sure will add your recovery. Take care and keep us posted. Kelli x

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Hi Kelliv :). I am so lucky that my surgeon also works from Tweed Heads! It makes it a lot better. Haven't had the nasal tube back yet - was taken out last Friday. I have to admit my bravery for that is low as the last one became dislodged and was very painful but I am hoping that I will be under the general anaesthetic by then. It will be fen though I am sure, just another learning process . Thanks for your support! I feel very fortunate to be here right now

Hi Lila, that's great that your surgeon is still your primary carer. It sounds like you are in good hands. They would surely have to sedate you to put the tube back in. As it's a means to an end I am sure you will cope fine. Is your family still on the Gold Coadt?

Sent from my iPad using VST

Hi Lila' date=' that's great that your surgeon is still your primary carer. It sounds like you are in good hands. They would surely have to sedate you to put the tube back in. As it's a means to an end I am sure you will cope fine. Is your family still on the Gold Coadt?

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Yeah my mum and son are here with me and dad comes on the weekend. I have very good support and am so very lucky

Sorry have to share my current food obsession. I really want a toasted spaghetti jaffle. Anyone remember how good they were as kids? Totally woke up dreaming of eating it...quite vivid. First day I've felt hungry post- sleeve. Taking it as a good sign...

Sorry have to share my current food obsession. I really want a toasted spaghetti jaffle. Anyone remember how good they were as kids?

You never had my mother's. like eating spaghetti between two slices of charcoal .....

You never had my mother's. like eating spaghetti between two slices of charcoal .....

Lol I'd take it at the moment :) its been nice not being hungry...hope it comes back. Think it's the dreaded head hunger everyone talks about

Oh my mum used to put mozzarella inbetween and it was soooo gooey!!! You're awful Lila! Now I can't get it out of my head! I'm about to have a woolworths brand Thai chicken curry Soup...

I hope it is a good sign that your getting some appetite back! I'm pretty sure my mum was born at tweed heads hosp. She is from murwillumbah originally!

Yeah it seems like ear plugs are the go! One time I was in hospital there was a lady dying of lung cancer in bed next to me and her death Earle is something I'll never forget! Agh I hate hospitals like that and pray you can get out ASAP!!!!!

*peace*

I'm trying to figure out what to have for lunch tomorrow at work. Now I just had left over pearl cous cous with a can of tuna with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

my thoughts are with you lila xx get better soon xx

I love the old jaffel iron! Do they still make them? We would always have egg in ours, or cheese- ooey gooey cheese! Yum! I am staying in an extra night tonight at the hospital- doc agreed it was a good idea as I am going home to just me and my girls so needed a little bit more rest. To me this is like tryin to figure out a whole new body! I can't tell when I'm full, thirsty, I can't even tell when I need to go to the toilet either- once in there I go fine but no real sensation before- weird. I can't sleep at the moment, have had no trouble up until now- body want to roll onto the side and I am normally a tummy sleeper so feeling restless and afraid I will hurt myself if I do roll over in my sleep. Lila, so glad ur doc can look after you at a public hospital. This must give u a sense of relief, albeit a small one. Things will get better for you, your body will heal and your health will return, I have absolute faith! I can already tell your personality is coming back to full force- its hard to keep a good woman down though!!! Take care, we are all thinking of you on here! xx

Hey guys, I would like to give Lila some help by donating some money to help her pay her medical bills. I dont have much as Im a single mum but I had an easy recovery& I know Lila self funded to pay for this surgery & has had a hard time through it all. I feel so sad she has had to go through this & maybe in this situation the best help we can all be is to ease the stress of some of her medical bills. Flowers are beautiful to receive at any time but maybe the money spent on flowers would be better utilised on medical costs??? Just a thought... If anyone knows Lila & can send me a message with Lila's account details I would like to donate $100.00. C'mon aussies lets all put in no matter how big or small for the Lovely Lila & make this experience a little less of a burden for her!!

(so sorry Lila if this is embarrasing to you at all - Im just really feeling for you & want to help in any small way that I can) xx Get well soon xx

I think is a wonderful idea and count me in.