Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

Oh my goodness Lila...u certainly don't do things by halves!! I am truely sorry for all the pain and suffering you have been dealing with. Those must have been some terrifying moments there for you I'm sure. I wish you the best of luck for your leak test tomorrow, sending positive healthy energy that you will heal enough over night to have a good outcome tomorrow. I am so sad to hear of the financial burden as well- but u mustn't think about that! This is the time for you to take deep breaths and believe that your body is strong enough to pull through this. You are a strong woman and although these are extremely difficult times for you, I know that you will get through this. I would loveto be able to visit you as I am on the coast, however I am going to Brisbane tomorrow night to have my sleeve on Tuesday. I will be thinking of you and you are in my prayers.

You too kayargh will be in my thoughts this week! I hope you have a very safe sleeve and a safe trip in!!!

Oh Lila, I'm so so sorry for your battle. I nearly cried when I read what you went through. All I can say is that i'm really glad you're on the mend, and even if the test isn't great tomorrow, sending very positive thoughts for you, you will still be ok, and you will survive another fast because you have proven to be the toughest nut on this thread!!! I envy your courage and fighting spirit.

I really hope that if any good comes of this for others is that you have really taken one for the team, and have been the 1 in 200, so our other pre sleevers who are joining us in the next couple of weeks don't have any dramas.

Thinking of you too kayargh. You'll be on the losers bench with us shortly. And hopefully without the speed bumps.

You too kayargh will be in my thoughts this week! I hope you have a very safe sleeve and a safe trip in!!!

Thanks Cookeeeeez! I will finally start loggin on myfitness pal when I get sleeved! Lol.

...you will survive another fast because you have proven to be the toughest nut on this thread!!! I envy your courage and fighting spirit

I second that!!!!!

Thinking of you too kayargh. You'll be on the losers bench with us shortly. And hopefully without the speed bumps.

Thanks Puppyphat!!

Thanks Cookeeeeez! I will finally start loggin on myfitness pal when I get sleeved! Lol.

Hahahahahaaaaa! You should see my diary the last couple of days!! Pre-sleeve sucks!!! :D

Exactly 4 weeks out today and I'm going for the biggest workout ever, 3hrs of paintball!!! I always said no to activities like this as I thought I'd slow every1 else down, or that they only invited me because I was there when they were discussing it. I'm so excited to do a normal group activity and shoot all my workmates (come on, who wouldn't want to do that?)

Oh Puppyphat, so much fun- I'm sure you will have a ball, isn't it great to start participating in life's activities :)

Ok guys...tomorrow, almost exactly 24 hours till I'm to be at the hospital. I'm starting to get really nervous and even doubt if this is a good idea. Complications, people regretting their surgery, long term consequences, I even read an article yesterday that there is a whole group of 10, 15 and 20+ year sleevers that do not comment or go to these forums as they have put all their weight back on and more and there is no longer anything they can do about it because they are stuck with only 15% of their original stomach. Then I read one woman's blog where she has not been able to stop wasting away because she can't eat enough and is now facing daily injections of Vitamins and the threat of organ failure. Yes I am having a moment of freaking out!!! I have made some stupid decisions in the past that have lead to long term consequences and I starting to second guess myself and wonder of this is just another stupid decision?! I know, I sound crazy right now. I am ashamed to say that Lila's experience has gotten to me a little (sorry Lila) and I'm not sure I could be as strong and brave as she is!

Hey, Lila's her own person but I'm sure she would want you to take her situation seriously. That doesn't necessarily mean she'd want you to not do it or do it, either way :)

If I was one of the 1% who had complications I would hope that meant statistically I took that pain away from you! (that's just me though) ;)

I think you should take the complications very seriously but see if you could handle them. Do you have help? Do you have a strong will? Do you have the $$$? Have you got a plan in place?

Surgery is scary but you and your surgeon have prepared as much as possible to avoid complications!

And finally, the scary stories are the ones that stick in your mind (it's the biology of our brains) but re-read the hundreds of threads of people who are very happy, some of whom had minor complications, and now can really live their life! Is it a real life you have right now?

We're here for you either way, but I'm very jealous and praying for you!

Oh and the weight gain is always possible! That's why this was step 1 leading to step 2 bypass! This surgery isn't malabsorptive, the biliary pancreatic diversion offers best weight loss over all surgeries, but more risk by far. If you get 2 + years out and need to lose more weight they can adapt the BPD to your sleeve, or do the total bypass.

Kyargh,I was operated on a couple of hours after Lila by the same Dr I feet guilty that my op was a breeze so sad for her but she will get there.

I dont regret the decision there was a lady on sunrise tis morning over in England that is down to 55k but she had the full bypass and she is fading away.I finding it hard to keep up with the fluids even the Soups I dont even think about food,but u have to follow the program.

Good luck keep in touch.

I can totally understand why you would be very nervous about your op tomorrow especially after hearing about the very unfortunate complications with Lila. But honestly it is very rare and I agree with Cookeeez that the hundreds of successful ops needs to be your focus. I personally do not want to even think about weight gain as this to me is a whole lifestyle change and you may only gain weight back if you allow this. We have been given a great tool to change our life and i have heard from a few that are 4 yrs out that drop in to provide an update sometimes that they are still very happy and have maintained their weight. I don't know if there is many past 5 yrs or so but don't know how long they have been doing this procedure. I really don't think from my experience only that you can not get enough Vitamins in as personally I can get all food in, just very small amounts but definitely have no concerns of lack of vits & mins.

You have come this far and you have to remain positive and feel in your heart of hearts this will help your health for you and your family.

Prayers are with you :)

Ok guys...tomorrow' date=' almost exactly 24 hours till I'm to be at the hospital. I'm starting to get really nervous and even doubt if this is a good idea. Complications, people regretting their surgery, long term consequences, I even read an article yesterday that there is a whole group of 10, 15 and 20+ year sleevers that do not comment or go to these forums as they have put all their weight back on and more and there is no longer anything they can do about it because they are stuck with only 15% of their original stomach. Then I read one woman's blog where she has not been able to stop wasting away because she can't eat enough and is now facing daily injections of Vitamins and the threat of organ failure. Yes I am having a moment of freaking out!!! I have made some stupid decisions in the past that have lead to long term consequences and I starting to second guess myself and wonder of this is just another stupid decision?! I know, I sound crazy right now. I am ashamed to say that Lila's experience has gotten to me a little (sorry Lila) and I'm not sure I could be as strong and brave as she is![/quote']

Oh kayargh I was exactly where you were this time last week! I had read and watched everything I could get my hands on in the lead up to surgery and felt totally calm and secure in my decision... Until about 24 hours til my surgery! I cried all morning at the hospital freaking out about what I was doing! Even post op when I woke up in pain was just thinking to myself "omg what have I done?!"

I'm now a whole 6 days post op and look back on how silly I was being! Already my clothes are looser and people are hurling complements at me! I'm not hungry at all and it hasn't been at all a struggle. Granted, I haven't had any complications so far (knock wood!) but as said, it's only a small percentage and it was horrible luck that hit our Lila :(

I'm sure coming into the surgery you know that this is no easy way out. There's work involved to maintain weight further down the road. And we really need to look at what we're fueling our bodies with - it is an entire lifestyle change!

Best of luck for the op - we'll be thinking of you! Try not to let the negatives weigh you down. Instead, imagine your life 6 months down the road! That always pulls me out of a negative funk :)

Xoxo

You guys are best support system a girl could have!! No one understands the way I am feeling like you guys do! Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts and your personal experiences. Everything each of you has made total sense and I am so fortunate to have you all there to lean on, I am very blessed! Julie, I can completely understand how you are feeling but don't feel guilty, Lila wouldnt want that! You can't control how how your operation went, nor can you have any control over how Lila's went.

Thank you all again, you have made me feel less anxious already...love u all xxxx