Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Souper You Makeover

Thank you all so much for voting for me and helping me to win the Progresso Souper You makeover. I am still in shock that I actually won and was able to have such an awesome experience :)

We flew in Sunday night and stayed in a really nice hotel in Beverly Hills. We found an amazing "swag bag" full of goodies including two Biggest Loser cookbooks, once of which was signed by Dolvett! There were even Snacks and Water in the bags and a duffle bag to get all the goodies home in, they really thought of everything :)

Monday morning we were up bright and early for Breakfast and shopping. The other two winners and their guests were wonderful, and the ladies from General Mills were just amazing! We had a $1,000 shopping spree at a store nearby and let me tell you, I have NEVER paid so much for clothing in all my life, definitely something I won't experience again. ha. We had a camera crew taping and photographing us during the events so that was beyond weird but after awhile we just got used to them being there. We had a personal shopper that had spoken with each of us prior to the trip so she had pulled a bunch of clothes to try on before hand and after we tried all those on we were free to roam the store for more goodies. We were surprised with a rack of Progresso blue dresses in each of our sizes and we got to pick one as an added gift, as well as a pair of shoes!

After shopping we took the limo back to the hotel and found a SOUPER yummy lunch planned for us and we did some more interviews, then had the rest of the day free. Hubs and I wandered around Rodeo Drive for awhile just window shopping (we had a cash card given to us too but tried not to spend it all in one place lol) and talked about missing the kids. ha. Life of a parent ;)

Tuesday morning was the big day. We headed to a wonderful salon in Beverly Hills for our makeovers. We started off with an amazing breakfast and then it was time for the hair to be done. I LOVE my hair! Quite the experience to be getting a mani and pedi while having my hair done too, guess it's all that fancy stuff I'm not used to hahaha. We had our makeup done as well and had a wonderful lunch brought in. During the hair and makeup, our guests were taken back to the hotel so they could be surprised by our new look. After we were all done up we all put on our Progresso blue dresses and went back to the hotel.

Lets just say my husband was shocked. He has never, in 10 years of marriage, seen me so made up. I really felt like a princess getting the royal treatment. After the big reveal, pictures and interviews we headed off to the Biggest Loser finale!

It was so neat to see the show live, of course it was SO loud that we hardly heard anything Allison or the contestants were saying ;) There is a half a second shot of me in the first 30 seconds, you can definitely see my husband more clearly though. Quite a few shots of our backsides ;) If you watch it, look for the sea of dark blue on the floor of the audience, that is us and I am the only girl with short hair :)

After the Biggest Loser we grabbed dinner and headed to the after party. We met so many wonderful people there, it was great to just meet the past contestants and just listen to their advice on keeping the weight off. Unfortunately my regular camera sucks. Plain and simple. It takes awful pictures and at that point my cell phone was dead so many of the pictures came out blurry. Thankfully a few people did take pictures so hoping for some good shots from them.

We headed home the next day and I still feel like it was a dream. When I hear about contests like this, I always think that real people don't actually win. But they do! I'm proof of that. It actually happened to me :) It happened thanks to the many wonderful people who voted for me. And it happened because having the sleeve done and losing the weight gave me the confidence to go for this. Even my husband told me to not bother applying because he figured it was such a long shot. And it was. Out of 13,000 entrants 3 of us were chosen and got to enjoy this wonderful, once in a lifetime experience.

Moral of the story....GO FOR IT! Don't let your fears hold you back. Don't doubt yourself. You might not always "win" but it never hurts to try.

Again, thank you so much to all who voted for me. I did post a short video after the makeover to show off my look, so if you go to my youtube channel in my signature you can watch it. I did post the video twice, the first time the sound cut off half way. You can also view photos from the trip via the Progresso Facebook page. They will be posting more pictures and video over time :)

post-63417-13813669452246_thumb.jpg

post-4172-1381365872907_thumb.jpg

So Happy for you. And you are absolutely beautiful in that pic with your hubby. You must be delighted!

That's awesome! You look beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing your experience. You look absolutely gorgeous!

~Amy

You look BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Congrats on having such an amazing experience.

Wow what an amazing experience! Thank you food sharing with us. You look so pretty, blue is a good color on you. :)

@BKMama - are you ftom VA? I know someobe that

has the same profile pic

First, Congrats on winning the contest!! Second, WOW!! You look amazing! :) Usually makeover pics make a gal look artificial, but you look like you, only better. They molded the makeover to highlight YOU. :) I love the blue dress on you as well.

You look so skinny in that dress, too! :)

Gorgeous! Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, you look amazing! What a cool story--thanks for sharing the experience with us!

That is so awesome and you are gorgeous!!! How much weight did you lose???

Thank you everyone! It was an amazing experience :)

That is so awesome and you are gorgeous!!! How much weight did you lose???

I lost half my starting weight, started at 240 lbs and now I am 120 lbs :)

I am so happy for you. You look amazing. Congratulations on winning, I am so glad I could vote for you. You totally deserved this.