Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stupid, Non Weight-Loss Related "vanity" Question

So, I think that in most respects, I'm aging pretty gracefully. I'd like to think that despite being 41 (going on 42), I could pass for a man in my mid-to-early 30's except for ONE thing: the stupid crease between my brows. I'll attach a picture so you can see, but I'm curious if people know of anything that can be done about that. Botox? Makeup? I'm only... sort of kidding. I know that getting older happens, and you can only hold it off for so long. But now that my body is FINALLY starting to look GOOD, I'd like to keep my face looking good for a few more years, at least, so that I can enjoy it!

post-1972-13813658677602_thumb.png

Yep, botox will take care of it. I'm like you. I don't have any wrinkles around my eyes, everything else is nice and smooth...and I have "the elevens" between my eyes.

And yes, I'll be getting botox on them one of these days. Right now, I'm sporting bangs, so it doesn't bother me as much.

Makeup won't do anything, and don't waste any money on miracle "cremes" that say they'll do it either; they really don't work.

This is a deep muscle so topical cremes won't do anything but botox will and the effects will be immediate, a friend of mine had it done on her "elevens", it cost $250 out of pocket, and they smoothed out almost immediately. You could also look at restylane which is a filler rather than botox, which just paralyzes the muscle so it doesn't make that shape.

Botox injections would be pretty much every 90 days to get rid of the 11's. I don't see anything wrong with it, if you worked so hard to get your weight down, why not get rid of the worry 11's. If it's going to make you feel better, why not do it.

Botox, or you can try a plumping moisturizer, although it would probably only minimize and not get rid of the lines. If you decide to try the moisturizer spend some extra money and get it from a makeup counter like Clinique, Este Lauder, Mac, etc.

botox is it. My neighbor wanted to get some while I she was with me in Mexico but she chickened out. She calls hers her parking meter slot.

I'd get Botox; a filler might work, also, as they are quite deep. The plumping moisturizer is not going to do anything, it's only reasonable for very fine lines.

I don't think it's stupid, it's just 1 spot and if bothers you enough, why not do it?

As my face thins out I am developing harsh angles from my cheekbones down to my mouth corners, hard to explain but they make me look very ... harsh. They aren't frown lines or "marionette" lines, hard to explain, and I don't know if it calls for filler or not. Celebrities always look ****ed up when they mess around with their cheekbones.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure I'm really ready to get a shot of poison into my forehead every 90 days just to look a teensy bit younger. Maybe I'll just try to keep my skin tone up and stay healthy and frown less/smile more!

As an aside, anybody know who I'd go to see to get a, uh, "male makeover?" Like maybe see about dermabrasion or whatever to improve the quality of the skin on my face, and/or grooming my crazy eyebrows, and so on? I really don't even know what sort of terminology to use a straight male (I'm sure if I were female, or gay, I'd know exactly what to do and who to see) -- I just want to "take care of myself" in appearance as well as weight/body composition, ya know?

Too bad I'm not in my 20's still, when beauty apparently just comes effortlessly!

Any Esthetician can treat women and men. Just Google esthetician and you zip code.

~Amy

A dermatologist for the skin stuff, a salon for the eyebrows, look up "threading" in your area, it gives a much more natural result for eyebrow thinning/grooming which is good for men. Some of the good new barber shops will offer these services.

I had went to a medical spa, there a plastic surgeon looked over me for free, I went in for a facial. He wrote all his recommendations as far as facial care. Needless to say I didn't do them all that day, but I did get a facial and a microdermabrasion, I still do have the sheet with the laser treatment recommendations. So I recommend going to an actual medical surgical spa, they always have the techs on hand to give you the treatments you want.

You can pretend you're gay and go have a male makeover. Just talk with a lisp the whole time you're there and no one will suspect a thing! ;) I say that, if it makes you feel better about yourself, you should do it! Go for it! What do you have to lose? A couple of small lines...that's all. I think my "elevens" are congenital because I've always made that particular face.

Your other alternative is to smile a lot so that you get the crinkles next to your eyes. That would make you look "distinguished". BTW, I think it stinks that men get better looking with age and women just get older!

My ASS we get better looking with age! All I see is how my face is getting all sideshow mirror and collapsing in on itself!

It is true that women are much kinder to a "middle aged" man than men are to a "middle aged" woman, however!