Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Far Out Were You Able To Have A Bite Of Your Faves

I'd give anything for a crab leg and shrimp

Isn't crab and shrimp soft enough to eat now? I'm less than 2 months out and I've had shrimp already. I just chopped it up real good and chewed the life out of it. It was fine. Chipotle lime shrimp. mmmmmmm

I'm going on my 5th week and I am allowed all Proteins. I have been eating lots of sashimi, mmussles, salmon, shredded beef, chicken, etc. I just chew very well and make sure to eat s-l-o-w. it's very, very easy to overeat if you aren't paying attention.

I eat out A LOT and have not had a problem finding things to eat at restaurants. The hard part is refusing the bread before the meal :)

thank you guys.. im 6 days post op bt my doctor releases us on Pureeds so im gonna see about throwing a shrimp into the blender or maybe just having a bite

WOW, CaliKat--that is good to know . I am three weeks post op and moving into the soft/blended/pureed foods stage another two weeks and I can try solids! Looking forward to when I can eat small "REAL" meals!

New Life, Don't be surprised if you can only eat 1 or 2 shrimp when you do try them. They are soft, but dense. I really thought I'd have 5 or 6 small shrimp when I first tried them, but I was done after 2 of them! :)

My first post op meal was a crab leg with a tiny squirt of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I could barely eat one whole leg (granted it was a claw leg). Crab legs are VERY soft so I would think that as soon as you are put on soft foods you can enjoy them!

I'm 3 weeks post surgery & on puree. Friday I will be starting the soft food stage. This puree diet was rough. I can't wait to eat some seafood & chew something! How do I add the weight ticker at the bottom?