Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need snack ideas that are non Protein, non dairy and low carb. I hit my protein limit by my dinner but if I want a snack later, I need suggestions mon what I can have that fit the above guidelines. Any suggestions?

My new favorite snack is sugar free popsicles from Schwan's. They come in 3 flavors and are only 15 calories. Very tasty.

My latest salty crunchy snack is fried pork skins! 80 cal per generous serving, ZERO carbohydrates and they don't fill me up. They're a little high in sodium, but it's worth it to satisfy that craving when it hits. Added plus.... 7g of Protein per serving. Who woulda thunk it?

Is there a maximum amt of Protein you're allowed to have ? I wasn't given a max' date=' just a minimum so curious![/quote']

I was told to stay between 70-80g so that is what I'm trying to do.

I know of no downside to consuming more than your Protein goal. I think the goal is meant to be a minimum.

Is there a maximum amt of Protein you're allowed to have ? I wasn't given a max, just a minimum so curious!

"Kayte"....some people say that you can't really get too much Protein, but I would have to disagree. It is true that it takes your body more effort/energy (calories) to break down protein, but protein is still calories and doesn't have negative calories, and can eventually lead to weight gain in my opinion if consuming too many. Especially if you are getting plenty of protein from solid foods, then chugging 4-5 Protein shakes a day in addition to the solid protein. Eventually your body is going to get more protein than it can use and at some point (since they are calories), they will be stored as fat if you have too many. I think for us, it would be fairly difficult for us to get that many grams every day without drinking a ton of them. How many grams each individual needs varies and depends on factors such as overall body mass and it's composition (muscle), one's age, activity level, etc. I know for me, I don't go with the "1 gram of protein per pound of body weight per day" theory like a lot of the other gym rats I lift with. I can't imagine consuming 240+ grams of protein, especially now. I don't care how lean that protein is, that's still a lot of calories. However, I probably do get in a lot more than most people on this message board. I'm guessing I get on average of 100-125 grams of proetin now. I lift weights very heavily and at a very high intensity and there is a lot of muscle broken down during my workouts, so they need the extra protein to repair and rebuild. But if I didn't lift weights or do much cardio, I would probably only shoot for around 60 grams of protein a day. But that's just my opinion as I know what works for me. Kayte, I would discuss this with your nutritionist as I'm sure he/she has a pretty good idea of your situation and needs.

http://www.livestron...ou-gain-weight/

I know of no downside to consuming more than your Protein goal. I think the goal is meant to be a minimum.

My doctor told me that if I get too much Protein, my body will convert it to carbs and will use it for energy and burning as opposed to my body fat. I don't want that for me. I'm 4'9 so I'm sticking to the 60-80g recommended by my doc.

i snack on the gerber graduates lil munchies, VEGGIR DIP & GARDEN TOMATOE wen i want something salty, or the cinnamon maple & apple puffs 4 sweets...only 35 calories 5/ carbs..for 20 piece

I'm wondering what other people are hearing. My doc and nut say 3 meals no snacking.

I'm wondering what other people are hearing. My doc and nut say 3 meals no snacking.

My doc told me to eat 6 small meals a day to help keep my metabolism up. So snacking doesn't mean eat chips etc. I mean healthy foods that could be considered a small meal. My nut gave us a book saying 3 small meals a day and no snacking in between but my doc says differently.

I don't think i could do just 3 meals and no snacking my nut said to eat my meals vs drinking them. That is all that was advised to me I would have to say I eat 5 meals a day. and of course they are small :)

If I'm craving a snack late at night I just grab two pieces of lunch meat. It satisfies the craving without too much of anything numbers wise. I think it takes like six slices for 8grams? So it might at one gram to your count

If I'm craving a snack late at night I just grab two pieces of lunch meat. It satisfies the craving without too much of anything numbers wise. I think it takes like six slices for 8grams? So it might at one gram to your count

I have a hard time swallowing lunch meat. Lol I've tried with a little mustard and it sticks in my throat. Do you eat it with anything to make it more moist?