Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florida Bansters

Hi everyone! I live in Apopka which is part of Orlando and I love it here. I had my band done by Dr Lee J Grossbard in Dade City near Tampa and I cannot rave enough about him or his staff! He is one of the pioneer surgeons of the Lap Band and has one himself. As for Dr Beltre here in Altamonte Springs...all I can tell you is I had one of the worst experiences EVER in a Dr's office..I still cannot believe how rude his staff was to a prospective new patient! To be fair, I never saw the Dr..I was too upset after dealing with his staff! Just for you info. Good luck to all the Florida Bandsters..nice to hear from everyone! Take care.

Hi everyone! I live in Apopka which is part of Orlando and I love it here. I had my band done by Dr Lee J Grossbard in Dade City near Tampa and I cannot rave enough about him or his staff! He is one of the pioneer surgeons of the Lap Band and has one himself. As for Dr Beltre here in Altamonte Springs...all I can tell you is I had one of the worst experiences EVER in a Dr's office..I still cannot believe how rude his staff was to a prospective new patient! To be fair, I never saw the Dr..I was too upset after dealing with his staff! Just for you info. Good luck to all the Florida Bandsters..nice to hear from everyone! Take care.

I'm glad you posted this. The doctor near Tampa will probably be perfect for me since I'll be in Polk County which is in the middle of Tampa and Orlando. I'll give his office a call closer to my move date. It's nice to know that there are some polite doctors out there! I haven't had much luck with my doctor here in Portugal either!

We are going to be really close to each other as well, I'll have to look you up when I get there.

As for everyone else, we should do like a florida banster lunch some where some time and we can all come up together and met for lunch some place!

Hello everyone. I'm going with Dr. Rodolfo Dy in New Port Richey. They have a support group at the hospital that meets once a month.

Heather,

Dr Grossbard is wonderful...he has a partner that is nice as well...have seen them both. :girl_hug: You do have to get "Pre-approved" for them to accept you and they want ALL your records....so make sure you've copied and brought them with you from Portugal.

God Bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -94lbs :)

yeah, i planned on getting all my records, i should also have them translated! That might help hehe.... Do you know if they take blue cross blue shield? Thats the insurance that I will have.

hi florida girls. I live in St. Pete. I would like to find a support group here. or close by. I was banded on June 21, 2006. down 50 pounds. Dr. Jawad in Ocala did my surgery. he is GREAT! I do need a fill. after Christmas.

I hope to hear from you soon.

asbell38@hotmail.com

Lisa

Great! We are seeing more Florida people every day! I haven't moved back to Florida yet, so I'm not sure what support groups are available, but congrats on 50lbs down! Thats wonderful!

HEather,

They do take BC/BS....the question is: Does BC/BS cover anything for obesity!? They didn't for me....

Lisa,

Keep up the GREAT work!!!! :)

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -94lbs :bolt:

humm...you know im not sure, i read the policy that is for teachers and its not excluded, so i assumed that it ment it was included. But we will have to see...they may consider it a pre existing condition? I dunno, but at least they do take it in case it is covered. How much is a fill with no insurance?

Thanks for the site Terrilen, I'll have to check that out.

Heather....I believe I pay $200 for a fill whether it's flouro or not....may be $300 with flouro?!?!??! I don't know it's been awhile since I've needed a flouro or a fill.

God BLess,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -94lbs :)