Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Florida Bansters

I think there is a place u can call...fill centers usa or something like that that can direct you to a fill center in your area. I am also going to be checking out the docs in the area as well and keeping my fingers crossed that my new insurance (BCBS of florida) will cover things. I was self pay here in portugal but a fill on self pay was only 75 euros. Not to bad.

Hello Floridians, is anyone from the Melbourne/Cocoa Beach area. My surgery is this Monday 8/28 in Melbourne with Dr.Mark Fusco. Tomorrow is the big day to have only 1 meal and the rest of the day Clear Liquids, this goes for saturday too and then on Sunday, it's clear all day. I can do it, unlike the rest of you I guess I was fornuate not to have to diet before hand and take shots. That is a definate bummer and hard to boot. Well, wish all us August bandsters coming up soon lots of luck, we need it.:)

Has anyone in the Tampa / St Pete area used FillcenterUSA???

I have heard one negative report about them... Anxious to hear other reports.

Thanks for any info.

Peggy

I haven't used them, but I'm sure I will be needing to find something in the central Florida area when I move. Inamed also has a list of qualified doctors on their website, you may be able to get some information from talking to the office of one of those doctors in the Tampa area.

Hello Floridians, is anyone from the Melbourne/Cocoa Beach area. My surgery is this Monday 8/28 in Melbourne with Dr.Mark Fusco. Tomorrow is the big day to have only 1 meal and the rest of the day clear liquids, this goes for saturday too and then on Sunday, it's clear all day. I can do it, unlike the rest of you I guess I was fornuate not to have to diet before hand and take shots. That is a definate bummer and hard to boot. Well, wish all us August bandsters coming up soon lots of luck, we need it.:)

Good luck on your surgery! I'm sure everything will go well. check in when you get back and let us know how your doing!

I am scheduled for surgery the end of Sept. In Mexico with Dr Ortiz... Live in Manatee county..

Peggy

hi peggy,

I ALSO LIVE IN MANATEE COUNTY . I HAD MY SURGERY ON 8/11/06 BY DR ORTIZ . BEST DECISION I EVER MADE . THERE IS A WEB SITE CALLED FILL

CENTERS USA .COM THERE IS A DOCTOR FROM BRADENTON JOIN BY END OF STEPEMBER IN BRADENTON . WOULD BE GREAT TO MEET WITH YOU .

E-MAIL ME AT SHERRYLYNN_34203@YAHOO.COM

BEST WISHES

SLM

Hello -

There are two of us down here in Cape Coral, Florida. HotLikeMe (Cheryl) and HotLikeHer (Jennifer). We are band buddies. We've had a great year - gone from Heffers to Honeys.

I had my surgery in July and Jen had hers a month later. Our surgeon is Dr. Ernest Rehnke in St. Pete and had the operation at Palms of Pasadena Hospital.

Jen has lost 65 lbs and I've lost 59.2 lbs. Jen's lost more weight than I have and doesn't even look like she was EVER overweight. Unfortunately, some men can't take a confident woman and she is now SINGLE. So she has started a new life, with a great new body, new job, new home...... just gets better.

LBS is not offered here in Lee County yet - they do have seminars at Healthpark for it, but the actual surgery is done in Ft. Lauderdale. My insurance wouldn't pay for it, but Jennifer's did - so you should ALWAYS fight for your rights.

We still see Dr. Rehnke on a monthly basis and he is still a WONDERFUL doctor with a great staff.

These are our pictures - me and my daughter, Lindsey, and Jen with her daughter, Amanda.

post-204863-13813134121204_thumb.jpg

post-204863-13813134121772_thumb.jpg

good going you guys great job on your weightloss . i started at 336 now at 305 going for my first fill on 9/22/06 cant wait . keep in touch let me know how you guys lost you weight

Cheryl and Jennifer looking GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the WONDERFUL job!!! Good motivation for all of us!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -85lbs :puke:

Hey Steve I just made an appointment in Altamonte Springs with Dr. Beltre on Palm Springs Drive. I go next tuesday, I found out about him here in the Central Florida Bansters link. Ginger there called and he quoted her at $180.00 for consult and first fill and $80.00 for each fill after that. No floro. I have my port real close to the surface and don't have any worries. I'll let you know how it goes. Monk

Oops...keep hitting that tab button.....

Do you feel the love of adoption?!?!?!? :)

GOd Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -85lbs :D

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and from Florida. I live in Newberry, its just outside of Gainesville. I was banded on 8/24/06 by Dr. Hipp and I go for my first fill tomorrow! I'm very excited, seems like my old appetite has returned. I have enjoyed this website, it is very encouraging to see the success people are having with the lapband. Good job everyone!

God Bless,

Teri

Teri,

Welcome...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! The fills help slow that appetite down!! :)

God Bless,

melody

Banded 3/20/06 -89lbs :)