Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Tuesday I will be on a hotel until Sunday and then at a friends house for 1 wk until my stuff gets there (I am in the middle of a cross country move). At the hotel I made sure it had a microwave and a fridge. So I will have Protein Shakes and some cheese strings but I don't know what I can eat. Most of the lean cusines I have seen are loaded with carbs. I will stall if I go above 40 grams carbs a day. Usually I will buy a ham or chicken or steak but I wont have a stove for that first week at the hotel. I can go to mcdonalds and get a burger and only eat the inside or a chicken sandwich but what else can I eat that won't completely stall me?? Please give me ideas. I just got out of a 2 wk stalls and have only lost 4 lbs this month, I need to be really good these next couple of weeks and the stress of what to eat is getting to me.

Thank you

Deli meats are a good idea and you can keep them in the refrigerator. Cottage cheese with salsa? tuna in the air tight bags in Water and buy a small deal of light mayo. Pork rinds are good crunchy foods to eat with anything and they have no carbs. Greek yogurts. Hope these help somewhat.

How about Some low sodium can chili. I know it's not the best, but it will give you some variety. You can also do canned beef stew.

Good suggestions by LiberatedSleeve; I'd like to add hardboiled eggs to the list.

We stay at hampton inns all the time...they almost always serve a Protein for Breakfast, either eggs, or a meat of some sort. For lunch I often eat at Burger king, grilled in stead of fried like McD's. I sometim es eat a regular taco from del taco. I have fat secret app for my phone...when on the go it is wonderful for figuring out how manycarbs I have had. It helps make a decision for the next meal...OH my absolute favorite place to eat if we are going out to eat is Red robin...all the burgers can be low carb with lettuce instead of bun. I also take a small cooler lunchbox with me if I will be away from home all day and put pb and cheese sticks in it.

When I was traveling for a couple weeks, I bought some of those kids with tuna, crackers, mayo all in a little box with a spoon for mixing etc. You could always skip the crackers to keep carbs really low. I also had apples/bananas with Peanut Butter. String cheese. Slim Jims. It isn't an idea diet, but for a week or so, you could probably make do.

If you want variety you can also check out some of the Lean Cuisines. Sometimes I want something quick for a meal and so I keep some on hand but only buy ones that are 20 carbs or less. There are a few and that if you subtract the Fiber to get the net carbs, I've seen them less than 10 carbs. You have to look through the choices. I think I've found 5 or 6 that I like that are less than 20. If that is my main meal, than having 20 for the other two meals isn't too bad.

If you go here http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Search.aspx?CarbsMax=23&CarbsMin=0&ViewAll=True

you can search by carbs, fats etc. I searched for anything from 0 to 23 carbs and there were 9 options.

If you want variety you can also check out some of the Lean Cuisines. Sometimes I want something quick for a meal and so I keep some on hand but only buy ones that are 20 carbs or less. There are a few and that if you subtract the Fiber to get the net carbs, I've seen them less than 10 carbs. You have to look through the choices. I think I've found 5 or 6 that I like that are less than 20. If that is my main meal, than having 20 for the other two meals isn't too bad.

If you go here http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/Search.aspx?CarbsMax=23&CarbsMin=0&ViewAll=True

you can search by carbs, fats etc. I searched for anything from 0 to 23 carbs and there were 9 options.

Well, I've already found two on that search list that must be a mistake. Two that I checked said zero carbs and they were dishes that were highly unlikely to be zero. I guess if it lists the carbs it's probably OK, but if it says 0, it probably is not.

I've found that Wendy's chili is great for me. I can eat about half of a small (about $1.50 here) and save the other half for later. Tons of Protein, easy to eat even if I'm driving (spoon? No thanks) and yummy. Since they give you a lid with it, it's easy to save. I always ask for a little cheese in mine, just to up the protein content a little more.

Those are awesome ideas. Thank you so much. I had no idea Red robbin did that and chili sounds awesome. Yeah the hotel offers a hot breakfast so that I got covered. I was asking friends for tips and they think I am insane worrying so much because its just one week, but I know if I eat crap, I will feel like crap and 1 wk in a hotel with 2 kids, plus a 7 hr flight and I am doing this all alone, I definitely need to be feeling the best way possible so I don't loose my mind. Thank you so much for the ideas. I can't wait to be settled again and cook.

If there is an In 'n Out Burger in the area, you can get get one of their hamburgers in a lettuce wrap, also. And I think I heard Chick Fil A will do the same with their chicken sandwiches. Sub shops will usually make any sandwich of theirs with no bun, too.

It's frustrating to have to deal with the stress ofmoving and on top of that having to stay in a motel with 1 little ones. You will be fine and make great choices. You are rocking your sleeve! ;)

How far out can I eat chili from wendys.. im 4 days post op

How far out can I eat chili from wendys.. im 4 days post op

I couldn't eat it until I got to the mushies phase.