Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not At All What I Expected!

I understand how you feel. I am 10 days out. The first week was very hard and I became dehydrated and it made me feel even worse. I was living off of SF popsicles. I am an ER nurse so I new I was dehydrated, after an IV I felt better. I still slept a lot that first week. I am definitely feeling better now and learning how to eat with my sleeve. im on purees, but had a piece of egg and my sleeve liked it so far!. It's one day at a time. To our health! Wishing you the best~

I'm 11 days out and was waking up shaking and freezing every morning after I came home from the hospital. Turns out 3 of my incisions were infected and I had a fever that was causing it. I didn't feel like I had a fever, I was just waking up shaking.

I also had a day of regret. I couldn't believe I did this my body and there was no going back. I think it's pretty normal to feel that way early on. i got past it and things are much better already. Just keep looking toward the future and know that every day will be better than the one before.

While you're on the liquid stage, you do NOT have to wait half an hour before/after eating, because it's ALL liquid. I didn't have to wait before drinking until I started on mushies, although I didn't drink Water while I was drinking a shake or Protein source. You can also count the liquid on the liquid stages as part of your daily liquid intake, in case anyone didn't tell you that. :)

It will get better. The head games our brains play with us SUCK.

I understand! I had surgery onTuesday and had bleeding issues. I am having real regrets, fighting thru it. No nausea but stomach pain and weakness is rough! Hard to move and walk! I am trying to walk but it hurts so badly I have to hold my stomach. I am taking lortab and it tastes worse than jäger!!! I am really surprised at how long it is taking to feel better! Proves everyone is different. Giving birth twice and a breast reduction is a piece of cake compared to this procedure. Keep hoping it will be worth it. Luckily my husband is still helpful and supportive! Good Luck everyone!

every day gets a little better. I had a bad case of buyers remorse for about a month, then I finally felt better, and was happy that I gave myself this gift. make sure to take your pain meds, get your fluids in....and rest. you will get better. I wish you the best, and a speedy recovery! :)

I'm just over two years out and can say the first few months are tough but so worth it. My eatingg seems no different than anyone else. I just eat less. I was a size 16 and am now a 6/8. Fifty pounds down. I had surgery for medical reasons and my family agrees it is the best decision and well worth the $12k we paid out of pocket. Hang in there. This, too, will become a distant memory. I have only told a small number of people and no one is the wiser.

I had surgery Wed, I do not regret it but am surprised at how much pain I am having with the incisions, I can hardly get anything down because it hurts.

I know this will pass and you need to keep telling yourself that.

I have had wo kids, a bowel re-section, Tummy Tuck and breast reduction and this is probably the most painful of all, so keep in mind, you are not alone. I hope we both feel better soon!

I had surgery Wed' date=' I do not regret it but am surprised at how much pain I am having with the incisions, I can hardly get anything down because it hurts.

I know this will pass and you need to keep telling yourself that.

I have had wo kids, a bowel re-section, Tummy Tuck and breast reduction and this is probably the most painful of all, so keep in mind, you are not alone. I hope we both feel better soon![/quote']

Thanks for encouragement This too shall pass!

Honey, you are definitely not alone. I'm about 3.5 weeks out. I had to spend a total of 5 days in the hospital due to nausea and "being extra tight". I was only supposed to stay one night. I was only able to get 2 oz two in 24 hrs, four days after surgery. I still have a lot of "tightness" that makes it really hard for me to eat and drink. Eating gives me anxiety at times. It's more of a chore right now because it's so hard to get the food down. The journey this far has been a struggle but I am confident it will get better. Give yourself time to heal. Just make sure you stay in touch with your doc and let the office know what problems you are experiencing. Sip, sip, sip as often as you can. I'm still feeling tired and weak but I feel a little stronger each day. I hope you feel stronger and better soon too.

Thank you all for the support you're a true blessing for me and I can't thank you enought for encouraging and inspire me to keep up. So I'm not giving up that's for sure. Thanks again

I think mostly everyone had the moments. I did the minute i came out. Untill I relaized I was not doing enough walking and i was not taking my pain meds.. One I started to move I started to feel so much better. I didnt have stitches my doc used glue but it was painful but as it heals it gets better. Try not to drink so close to your meals after you eat. like a hour or a hour and a half. you may be putting to much in your sleeve which can also weigh you down