Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im A May Sleever!

I just watched your videos and I really enjoyed them! Good job we need all the info and support we can get.

Thanks! I'm sort of an information hoarder ;) I found the YouTube channel wasn't enough for me to share what I was learning, so I've expanded to a companion blog! www.gastricsleeve4me.blogspot.com. Any other May sleevers, welcome your thoughts, comments, or lessons learned. Trying to assimilate all I'm readying into one place.

LOL!! People are so funny. Sounds like my grandmother. I travel internationally a lot for work and whenever I travel she always shares the wackiest things she's heard. I'm always like "really, grandma...where did you hear that?!".

Delta, shorty pants, Ellein, I'm Going to be sleeved May 8. Getting a little nervous. Frankly, my nerves are not so much about after surgery changing eating but rather about the surgery itself (the pain, the nausea, anesthesia). I've had a c-section and hysterectomy; the pain and nausea was very difficult. Of course in both cases I felt better in the days and weeks that passed afterwards. I'm looking at this surgery in the same way--it will get better as the days and weeks pass by.

Best of luck for you ladies. Prayers to all of you.

Delta, shorty pants, Ellein, I'm Going to be sleeved May 8. Getting a little nervous. Frankly, my nerves are not so much about after surgery changing eating but rather about the surgery itself (the pain, the nausea, anesthesia). I've had a c-section and hysterectomy; the pain and nausea was very difficult. Of course in both cases I felt better in the days and weeks that passed afterwards. I'm looking at this surgery in the same way--it will get better as the days and weeks pass by.

Just remember to to let them know about this, they will give you something to help with the nausea and pain. They will not let you be in pain or have nausea, my nurses were very good and were there when I needed them.

I was sleeved on the 3rd and I am doing very well now I had a rough first day but it did and does get better.

Good luck and take care

i was sleeved on thursday and the first day was bad.. yes they do give you the pain medicine and naseua but the gas pain just hurts...and the only way to get rid of it is get up and walk...you will not feel like it though i had to force myself to get out of bed and get walking...so i did the whole day on friday and felt better.. but really felt better by saturday... here it is sunday and i'm feeling okay..it's hard to get things down with these tiny sips i have to take. but i've been taking sips of Water every 2-3 minutes. My incisions still hurt when i cough.. i'm going to make it my mission to walk as much as i can today.. not too sure about sleeping on my back last night i woke up every 3hours and walked around my hotel room for thirty minutes each time.. i may have to sleep in my recliner when i get home i think.. we shall see... it will all be worth it.. in time each day get's better and better. i will say that!! Hope everyone else has a good recovery...

Holly

@ Holly

Is this your first surgery? If not how does the pain compare to other surgeries?

@ Holly

Is this your first surgery? If not how does the pain compare to other surgeries?

Hey Artsy! Yes, absolutly make sure you tell them about your previous issues, because they will fix them. Dont be afraid to use/ask for pain meds. Stay AHEAD of the pain. it's easier to control that way. Like Holly said, makeu SURE you walk, aleast every hour, hour and a half. I will try to post tomorrow after my surgery...no promises! lol. I LIKES my sleeps! lol. I work in EMS full time, and i'm sure my co-workers will be up breaking my chops. But I wouldnt have it any other way! Should I cheat and have them give me an IV at home?? lol!!!!!!! You will be ok! :D

Annemarie

@ Holly Is this your first surgery? If not how does the pain compare to other surgeries?

no i have had my gall bladder out and had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists. I thought this recovery would be alot like my gall bladder surgery since it was done laproscopically..i was back to work in a couple days with that surgery and minimal pain... this seems to be more painful than that.. on a scale of 1-10 ... 1 being the lowest today i feel like a 5 first day i definetly felt like a 2... I just took some medicine that is suppose to help with the gas.. well see if that's what it is.. I havn't had any acid reflux pain thank the lord it's mostly all in the belly.. waiting for my hubby to wake up now so we can get out and have a walk outside.. can you beleive it's chilly in mexico i'm sitting in my hotel room wrapped in a blanket.. went out on my balcony and it still felt cold out there.. make sure you bring a sweater or jacket just in case.. i didn't bring any pants.. just streachy capris.. now i wish i would've brought my stretchy yoga pants...

i was sleeved on thursday and the first day was bad.. yes they do give you the pain medicine and naseua but the gas pain just hurts...and the only way to get rid of it is get up and walk...you will not feel like it though i had to force myself to get out of bed and get walking...so i did the whole day on friday and felt better.. but really felt better by saturday... here it is sunday and i'm feeling okay..it's hard to get things down with these tiny sips i have to take. but i've been taking sips of Water every 2-3 minutes. My incisions still hurt when i cough.. i'm going to make it my mission to walk as much as i can today.. not too sure about sleeping on my back last night i woke up every 3hours and walked around my hotel room for thirty minutes each time.. i may have to sleep in my recliner when i get home i think.. we shall see... it will all be worth it.. in time each day get's better and better. i will say that!! Hope everyone else has a good recovery...

Holly

Glad you are doing good today too. walking has helped with the gas that was very painful but the ice packs they gave me really help as I could not come out of the anesthesia very well. Oh and they kept coming in the room to tell me to take deep breaths. But today is much better and slept better too.

Thanks to you all for the sage advise. Can't wait to talk to the anesthesiologist. I''ll be able to explain my past problems during surgery.

I am bringing phone to hospital so I can communicate with you all afterwards. See you all on the Loser's Bench!!!

If there is any May sleevers on myfitnesspal please add me.

Jeepgirlchase

I'm going to have mine done in Mexico and would love to have support

I'dd add you now :) I'm gastricsleeve4me. You can also check me out on my blog or YouTube channel (links in my signature below). Look forward to having support as well! Jo

I am 5 days out, had mine on may 1st. Feeling pretty good but when I do to much I get exhausted. I have 3 kids at home so the chores never end! I am down 25 lbs since I started the liquid diet on April 16th. Can't wait to get to eating phase I'm so sick of protien shakes. A nurse told me people have the best results when they follow the drs. Instructions for the first 3 months! Good luck all of you! It'll all be worth it, I'm counting on it. Lori