Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im A May Sleever!

Does anyone think right after surgery a couple days out, it's normal to be emotional? I've been crying all day. Over pictures, all kinds of silly things!

I burst into tears a few days after surgery. Scared my poor mom and hubby half to death. Go easy on yourself. You deserve to rest and heal.

Lynda

Holly,

So glad you are doing well! I thought about you a lot last weekend!

Did you like Dr. Ponce ?

This time next week I will be in Tijuana and sleeved by Dr. Ponce! I start my liquid diet tomorrow!

How long did you have the drain ?

Keep up the good work!

Candi

Thanks for thinking of me Candi you will love Dr. Ponce he is great... I had the drain in until i left the hospital so i had surgery on Thursday night and left for the hotel on Saturday around 2pm Make sure you try to bring some silky pj's and a light robe... they will help you maneuver in the bed.. and the rob will help cover up your behind..:-) I was cold in Mexico so bring a light jacket .. but i'm always cold..anyways... oh and chapstick.. the first 24hours you don't get to have anything.. i had a dry mouth sooooooo bad.. chapstick helped with that.. Good luck.. i wish you a smooth safe surgery!!!!

I'm going in at 6:45am for surgery at 8:30am. I'm nervous and excited. Please pray for me.

May 21 with Dr. aceves. Starting to get a little nervous (eg can I do the post op diet?!). Did people clean out their cupboards? How'd you prep the house?

I have never seen it mentioned anywhere... How long after surgery do you have to wait before you're allowed to shower?? I will have a drain in for a couple of days.

I did not have a drain and was told I could shower 2 days after surgery.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi before things start moving along. It's almost 6am in Tijuana, and I'm scheduled for surgery at 8:30. So, so, SO nervous, but Trish has been phenomenal and assures me everything will be fine. Fingers crossed!

Praying for you Krista. Good luck & we'll see you on the Loser'sBench the next time you post .

Hibmirn,

Good luck today you are iny prayers.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi before things start moving along. It's almost 6am in Tijuana, and I'm scheduled for surgery at 8:30. So, so, SO nervous, but Trish has been phenomenal and assures me everything will be fine. Fingers crossed!

You will do so great krista you are in good hands.. i loved Dr. Ponce and trish was excellent!! Praying and thinking of you today.. the first day is the hardest.. after that it's all downhill.. good luck girl. When you walk past room 309 think of me.. that was my room... Holly

Hello, I have taken the first step in getting the sleeve, I went to the required seminar. What is the process and how long does it take from the time you go to the seminar/first dr visit to actually having the surgery?

Thanks for the information and best of luck to you all.

A

Day 23 of liquid diet and still going strong.. can't believe one week from today is surgery... realness is starting to sink in.. this liquid diet is the best one I have every been on as far as results.. just hit the 45 lbs mark.. who knew losing weight could be this easy lol.... that is a Joke for those of you playing along at home..... here is the guidlines I was told to follow...

Examples of liquids that are allowed: If not on the list, it should not be consumed.

Black Coffee

Tea/Iced Tea

Skim Milk

Low or no sugar fruit juices

Jello sugar free

Water

Gatorade

Sports Drinks

Crystal Light

EAS Shakes

Muscle Milk Light powder or RTD’s (ready to drink cartons)

Slim-Fast Low Carb Shakes

Atkins Advantage Shakes

Beef, Vegetable or chicken Broths

Propel Flavored Water

Special K O2 Protein Water Mix (packets)

Any 100% whey Protein Powder mixed with water or skim milk

Popsicles- Sugar Free

Sugar-Free Kool-aid, Crystal Light etc.

Carnation Instant Breakfast sugar free made with Skim Milk

98% Fat-Free Cream Soup made with Skim Milk (1 can per day)

100% New Whey or any whey 3 oz protein bullets (25 gm or 42 gm)

I am really digging the protien powder that I got from Chike nutrion.. I got thier free samples of flavors they offered and loved them so much I ordered more... all the flavors are good and they don't taste like a protien shake... I highly recomend it.

May 21 with Dr. aceves. Starting to get a little nervous (eg can I do the post op diet?!). Did people clean out their cupboards? How'd you prep the house?