Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im A May Sleever!

On my way to hospital. Will post when I can. Good luck to all today

good luck!!! waiting to talk to surgeon then surgery in an hour! lost 14 lbs on my 5 day clear liquid diet!! wahhhhhh this is so real so quick!

Mines is May 29th......So excited!!!!!!!!!! Went through so much with my Insurance company.......

I'm on for the 22nd' date=' but not going to Mexico - havng my sleeve done at Abington Hospital in PA. Like you all, so excited. I start my pre op diet on May 7th. There's so much to think about, what foods should I get, when will I be able to drive, and also, I need to go back to work in one week, so how will that work? I'm extremely excited but I'm a list maker and unlike most of my life, this is really new and unknown (at least to me) So, right now, I'm just making sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Getting my pulminary approval and psych eval, already got my cardio approval and my letter of recommendation from my "regular" Dr, and seen the NUT once a month for all 6 months. It's been a LONG 6 months waiting for my insurance approval but i can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel![/quote']

My husband gets his sleeve on May 31st in Houston. I am so glad I found all you folks to help us along is journey. Best wishes to everyone!

Hello everyone. I am Judy and my husband Mike is having the surgery on May 31st. He does not do forums but I am soooooo excited to have found alll of you! best wishes to you all!

Hi Judy7120 .... welcome and good luck to your husband.... This is a fantastic group, they have answered so many questions for me.... Again, welcome !!

Had my sleeve done Monday, the 7th. Definately takes some getting used to. Left the hospital on Tuesday, by Wednesday was off pain meds. Keeping up on the liquids is hard, the Vitamins even worse. I am drinking more by the day, and feeling a lot better. The gas pains really suck, and walking does help. Can't wait until my follow up on Monday, I can't wait to eat yogurt and a little bit of an egg!!!!

Hello im two days post op and doing pretty good..t he gas was bad but I got some meds and walked and I tell u it helps..so walk walk.im sippin tryin to get my liquids in.Its hard but I keep at it..at first I was thinking this was big mistake but not anymore.I'm ready to do what it takes to get healthier...whoever have doubt dont do it..

Welcome, both of you!!!

today is day 9 .... was sleeved on Wednesday May 2.... Good days, bad moments .... the good times outweigh the bad by a long shot! Walk Walk Sip Sip :)

All done! sleeping alot. Have a little pain walked about 3 hrs after surg. Can't complain expect I am so dam thirsty! Feels like Cotton balls in my mouth

Had hernia repair to. Never knew I had it. Lol

Good luck all. Back to sleep

Leesakae - congrats-----the cotton will go away....sleep well-rest lots and i am sending healing hugs your way!

All done! sleeping alot. Have a little pain walked about 3 hrs after surg. Can't complain expect I am so dam thirsty! Feels like Cotton balls in my mouth

Had hernia repair to. Never knew I had it. Lol

Good luck all. Back to sleep

I was able to suck on a sponge at the end of a stick it help some

But you should be able to do the Water test early tomorrow then if that works Ice water will taste do good.

Take care get your rest and the cotton mouth does go away

Judy, may I ask which surgeon in Houston your husband is using? I had my sleeve done in Houston this week by Dr Marvin.

Just wanted to put in a little side note. I have had the most horrible knock your socks off pain in my upper abdomin since a few days after surgery. I thought it was gas pains. I noticed that I had not really "used the bathroom" in a few days. Drank some tea last night to see if I could shake things up a bit. Finally used the bathroom this morning and have not had the pain once. Looked everywhere to see if others had this issue and seems to be a build up of Constipation and intestinal gases. I am going to work in some benefiber or Miralax every so often an hopefully the pains stay away!

Hello, I have taken the first few steps towards getting gastric bypass/sleeve surgery. I went in today and had my first meeting with the Dr and his team. I was looking to having the sleeve done but after talking to the Dr Asst. she recommended the bypass. What made you pick the sleeve over the bypass?

I would ask why they feel the bypass is better than the sleeve for you?

Bypass involves rerouting the stomach & I was worried there is more chance of complications then.

Also you have more malabsorption issues to worry about.

Then you cannot have NSAIDS again, so tough if you have chronic headaches, arthritis etc.

Those were my main reasons for not choosing the bypass & choosing the sleeve.