Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im A May Sleever!

Wow, Beauty, you're brave! I'm not taking classes this summer, which is why I decided this would be the perfect time to do it because I'll have the summer to start losing & I should be in much better health for fall classes!! Good luck with finals & surgery!!

Mine is set for 5/21 Maine. Usual stay is 2 days. 2 weeks from work if you have a desk job, longer if you have a job with lifting, etc. Start walking immediately. Still need to get chest xray & blood work, probably do that the end of next week. Pre-op testing is 5/14, liquids start 5/7. It seems so far away still.

Hey Kansas girl! I am scheduled for May 15th with Dr. Ponce @ INT. I can't wait for you to share your experience!

I was just in Kansas last week! My son is going to attend Ottawa University in the fall 2012!

That 's great you've chosen a great surgeon and i will definetly be sharing my experience i plan on doing some youtube filming.... I started my preop diet which i defined myself i really didn't have to start anything till 3 days before but i wanted to try to lose some before going to recover better... Hopefully you weren't around on Saturday it was pretty crazy weather here.. Congrats to your son Ottawa is not too far away from Topeka that's where i'm at...How did he choose ottawa if you don't mind me asking? I've got a son that is graduating high school this year and he is attending Washburn University in the fall as well.. but that's right here in Topeka.

I am scheduled for May 30th...Best of luck to you!

Wow, Beauty, you're brave! I'm not taking classes this summer, which is why I decided this would be the perfect time to do it because I'll have the summer to start losing & I should be in much better health for fall classes!! Good luck with finals & surgery!!

MomScholar either brave or sometimes I would call it stupid/insane! LOL I have put great thought into this decision and is either now or in two years when I finish my rotations (unfortunatelly in my program we are required to have classes every summer fulltime). If I wait two years who knows what kind of medical problems I will have, I already have chronic back pain and the weight will make my rotations that start in a year very very difficult. So I need to loose the weight before my rotations begin and honestly I just cannot wait to get started! I am glad you are getting to take a summer break, I wish I could but I have been told that this summer is going to be very light (we are working on a research project, taking classes on dermatology and EKGs and yes that is insainly light compared to what we have to take every semester!)... Thank you for the good wishes and good luck to you in your school finals and surgery also! What is your major?

MomScholar either brave or sometimes I would call it stupid/insane! LOL ... Thank you for the good wishes and good luck to you in your school finals and surgery also! What is your major?

Good luck with everything! Being a doctor is definitely an "on your feet" type of job! Glad you're doing it now instead of later! It'll definitely be a good conversation piece with coworkers & patients too!! :-) My major is Spanish. I want to teach high school Spanish. I'm getting my Associates from Austin Community College now in May & will start at either Texas State in San Marcos or UT-Austin in August. That's one reason I'm not taking any classes this summer since I'm transferring & would rather start in the fall at a university. We have 2 daughters, which makes it difficult to do summer classes too though. Last summer I did a couple online classes through ACC, but didn't do a whole lot because of spending time with our daughters. During the school year I can usually get my classes during the day when they're in school too, so it's worked out really well so far.

Good luck with everything! Being a doctor is definitely an "on your feet" type of job! Glad you're doing it now instead of later! It'll definitely be a good conversation piece with coworkers & patients too!! :-) My major is Spanish. I want to teach high school Spanish. I'm getting my Associates from Austin Community College now in May & will start at either Texas State in San Marcos or UT-Austin in August. That's one reason I'm not taking any classes this summer since I'm transferring & would rather start in the fall at a university. We have 2 daughters' date=' which makes it difficult to do summer classes too though. Last summer I did a couple online classes through ACC, but didn't do a whole lot because of spending time with our daughters. During the school year I can usually get my classes during the day when they're in school too, so it's worked out really well so far.[/quote']

Thank you! I definetly want to be a good role model for my patients. My husband is a Spanish high school teacher :) he loves it most of the time. Loves the kids but wish there were less politics! But that is in pretty much every profession. I got my associates too then bachelors in psychology and biology (I had one daughter only though, but was a single mom at the time) so I definitely understand!

That 's great you've chosen a great surgeon and i will definetly be sharing my experience i plan on doing some youtube filming.... I started my preop diet which i defined myself i really didn't have to start anything till 3 days before but i wanted to try to lose some before going to recover better... Hopefully you weren't around on Saturday it was pretty crazy weather here.. Congrats to your son Ottawa is not too far away from Topeka that's where i'm at...How did he choose ottawa if you don't mind me asking? I've got a son that is graduating high school this year and he is attending Washburn University in the fall as well.. but that's right here in Topeka.

We were supposed to stay in Kansas until early Sunday morning. When I saw the weather forecast Sat .morning I decided we better head back to Texas! Thank goodness we didn't encounter any nasty weather in Kansas, or Oklahoma!

My great great grandfather was an Ottawa Indian chief... The land where Ottawa University is,was donated by the Ottawa Indians... There was a treaty signed stating that Descendants of Ottawa Indians would be educated free. So his educated is free except for his books which I will be responsible for!

I have a very good friend who earned his Masters degree in pyschology from Washburn! He worked at what was once known as Menniger for years! Small world...

Thank you! I definetly want to be a good role model for my patients. My husband is a Spanish high school teacher :) he loves it most of the time. Loves the kids but wish there were less politics! But that is in pretty much every profession. I got my associates too then bachelors in psychology and biology (I had one daughter only though, but was a single mom at the time) so I definitely understand!

that's cool that he teaches Spanish. I've heard the politics can be annoying especially when they make you not teach how you'd really like to. I'm hoping I'll get past that stuff & enjoy it. It's all I've ever really wanted to do. My husband is a computer programmer. I had done some school when I was younger, but never finished & we focused on his degree when we got married. I never really thought I'd go back, but in August 2010 things fell in place & it's worked out so far. Now I've come to far to not get my Bachelor's! This is one reason I really want the surgery now too b/c it's one thing walking around a tiny community college campus & it's completely different at a university even if classes are close to each other. I've tried so many things in the past & failed that I'm a little nervous about this - and since it's major surgery - but I really feel it's the right thing & it'll get me to where I want to be health wise. I don't want to go through the university like this & don't want to have to be a teacher on my feet all day like this either. My oldest is 12 & I started gaining weight when I was pregnant with her, so my kids have never seen me thin either & that's a big motivator too!

Anyway, good luck with everything! Feel free to follow my blog (in my signature) if you want also! It'll be neat to see how we both do with this!! :-)

We were supposed to stay in Kansas until early Sunday morning. When I saw the weather forecast Sat .morning I decided we better head back to Texas! Thank goodness we didn't encounter any nasty weather in Kansas, or Oklahoma!

My great great grandfather was an Ottawa Indian chief... The land where Ottawa University is,was donated by the Ottawa Indians... There was a treaty signed stating that Descendants of Ottawa Indians would be educated free. So his educated is free except for his books which I will be responsible for!

I have a very good friend who earned his Masters degree in pyschology from Washburn! He worked at what was once known as Menniger for years! Small world...

Good thing you got out of here before then.. it wasn't bad at all here in topeka just more to the south. That is awesome that he is getting a great education in a great town... Such a small world!!! Good luck on your surgery.. Getting closer and closer. can't wait!!