Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Vitamins Do You Take And For How Long?

The only thinkg I regret about this surgery is the amont of pills/vitamins I now have to take. I hate taking pills.< /p>

I currently take ----

1 Multivitamin

2 Calcium

1 Iron

1 Biotin

1 b-12

1 b-50

What Vitamins do you take? And how long must we take them, forever? Anyone out there who has been able to stop taking them?

i dont take anything, lol only the pariet medicine

I take a Multivitamin, calcium citrate and Vit B-12. This will probably be for the rest of my life.

I only take the Bariatric Fusion chewable Multi-Vitamins right now. Supposedly they have all the calcium citrate, Iron and B-12 needed. I will have to take additional supplements if my blood work comes back showing deficits - I will find that out on my 3 month visit.

Wow, that's a lot of pills. Have you looked into any of the bariatric Vitamins? I take three "Bariatric Fusion" Vitamins a day (when I can fit three, sometimes I only have room for two, I'm still trying t juggle my sleeve capacity). I don't need any other supplements.

orange_facts.jpg

I take a multi, calcium citrate, B-12 (twice a week), and Iron. I took the multi and Calcium before surgery anyway and need the Iron because I gave blood twice after surgery and got anemic. Once my iron is up, I shouldn't need to supplement anymore. B-12 is the only one sleevers must take because we won't make intrinisic factor now that most of the stomach is gone.

Debvzq--you don't need iron if you're not anemic, you don't need Biotin, and you don't need B-50 unless you have been diagnosed with deficiencies. You could be down to 3 pills a da (one multi and two calcium), and if you get a 2500 mcg sublingual B-12, you'd only need to take it twice a week.

Thanks everyone. These are all the Vitamins my doctor recommends and as I said, I just don't like taking all of these. I was hoping that since I didn't have e bypass and there is not the issue of malabsorption, I wouldn't have to take this many. But he recommends the same set of Vitamins for sleeve and bypass patients.

I take a multi with Iron (once daily right now because I'm taking a RX prenatal since I'm pregnant)1

1 2500mcg B12 sublingual 4-5 days a week

calcium citrate chewables by Celebrate Vitamins -2 chewables per day 500mg per chewable

I've taken this regimen for 18 months apart from the prenatal. In my last pregnancy, I stayed on Celebrate Complete Multi- 2 chewables per day.

It's actually no more than what any other woman in my age group should take on a daily basis apart from the b12.

Wow, that's a lot of pills. Have you looked into any of the bariatric Vitamins? I take three "Bariatric Fusion" Vitamins a day (when I can fit three, sometimes I only have room for two, I'm still trying t juggle my sleeve capacity). I don't need any other supplements.

orange_facts.jpg

I take two in the morning and one at night - have you tried that? Or one in the morning, one at lunch and one at dinner?

Since I'm in the midst of taking my daily Vitamin regime right now...I thought I'd respond
:)
I take a Calcium tablet, B12, prilosec and 2 Gummy Multivitamins (all per doc's orders.) I only have to take the prilosec for another few weeks and then the doc will decide whether I need to continue with it. But I had a hernia too that was causing problems with acid reflux and damaging my esphogus so that could be why he wanted me on that. Check with your doc...mine didn't want me on any Vitamins for the first week.

i take the bariatric fusion Vitamins. best bang for the buck and you get everything you need

I'm taking 2 multi, 2 Calcium. Iron once a week and a B12 shot every 2 weeks.

How do the Bariatric fusion vits taste?? I tried Bariatric Advantage and I want to hurl just thinking about the torture!!! YUCK!!!!

I take (I'm supposed to take)- 2 gummies, 1 b-complex capsule, vit. 5 (5K IU per doc), 4 Calcium citrates, 1 b-12, Biotin, 1-2 prevacid and some BP meds

How do the Bariatric fusion vits taste?? I tried Bariatric Advantage and I want to hurl just thinking about the torture!!! YUCK!!!!

I take (I'm supposed to take)- 2 gummies, 1 b-complex capsule, vit. 5 (5K IU per doc), 4 Calcium citrates, 1 b-12, Biotin, 1-2 prevacid and some BP meds

They taste pretty good for a Vitamin. they are not chalky and easy to stomach. you take 3 a day. i tried both flavors and both are fine.