Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week One!

Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum. I had my sleeve done on the 27th of March (5 days ago), I am feeling amazing! I've lost 5.9 kilos, everything is staying down, I don't have any pain anymore, and no nausea!

I feel like this is too good to be true. I am eating proper foods too (not liquified). I chew the crap out of it and tiny bites as well, but I wonder if this is really BA or not? I know the guidelines say at this stage I should only be eating liquified or puréed food, but I fel so good that I just went for it and it stayed down and I was much more satisfied. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something really bad?

Thanks guys x

We're sleeve twins :) I have had an very fortunate recovery so far, too, and starting the full liquids today :)

I've heard that if you're feeling hungry, it could be because of too much stomach acid, and a PPI like Prilosec or Prevacid could help. Most surgeons agree that it is safer not to eat solids until at least two weeks out to help avoid serious stomach leaks.

All the best!

I just joined this forum. I had my sleeve done on the 27th of March (5 days ago), I am feeling amazing! I've lost 5.9 kilos, everything is staying down, I don't have any pain anymore, and no nausea!

I feel like this is too good to be true. I am eating proper foods too (not liquified). I chew the crap out of it and tiny bites as well, but I wonder if this is really BA or not? I know the guidelines say at this stage I should only be eating liquified or puréed food, but I fel so good that I just went for it and it stayed down and I was much more satisfied. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something really bad?

When did you have yours done? I feel do great! I was do mentally ready for this and it was my first time ever having a general anaesthetic! I held myself really well, which I thought made a lot of difference.

I guess my body was just so prepared. I've been holding everything so well and I have hardly no pain anymore. Sometimes I'll eat something and it's a little too big do it hurts going down, but that's it! I can't wait for my 2 week check up do I can hug my surgeon! Haha

I was done March 27 also :) And I can't complain at all, feeling pretty good and, like you, so much gratitude for my surgeon and medical team!

I was sleeved on march 27th and I feel wonderful with the exception of dumping syndrome but I think ive found the culprit and I'm feeling 100% better. I'm starting creamy Soups no chunks along with full liquids today as instructed by my nut.. Im not gonna have any food until day 22. I've heard of people going back for post op check up and having food in there staple line wich can cause a delay or difficulty in the healing process.. I'm not gonna take that chance.

You're taking a dangerous chance. The post-op diet is designed to protect your new sleeve while it heals. You may not feel any pain from eating solid foods because your sleeve is numb, but you could be doing damage. Please get back on track with the prescribed diet and allow your sleeve the time to heal. I know that it's tough to stick with liquids and mushy foods, but it is best for your sleeve. Believe me, you'll be back on solid food soon enough and this will really just be a vague memory.

That's great!! I'm so glad you are doing and feeling great. I go in on Wed. to get done. Very nervous, but excited as well. Just becareful with the solid foods. The reason you are not to be eating solids is because your stomach needs to heal. Best of luck to you!!

@atkins

I had a great surgical team, the experience was no where near what I expected.. My abdominal area was full of gas immediately after surgery but a few walks up and down the hall and it subsided.. They give you great meds to deal with everything else besides the drain you will feel almost normal the next day and better every day after.. It wasn't a bad experience .. Sip a lot so you stay hydrated and walk as much as you can

Be very careful with solid foods so close to surgery. You have to remember the inside of your stomach is still healing and the grinding function your stomach provides to solid foods can slow or hinder the healing process. Lots of doctors have different schedules and you should always follow what they recommend.

solid food so soon after surgery is not advisable. It would be the best to go back to liquid diet. There is another disadv to solid foods this early -- your body will not adjust so soon and will keep producing acid in the same amts pre-surgery. Like Lissa said, you'll very soon be back to solid foods. So dont take the risk of damaging your sleeve.

All the best for a successful weight loss journey! :)

Having WLS is major surgery. Your new little tummy needs to heal. You should be nice to it, by having Clear liquids for the time being. Your tummy, sleeve will reward you soon.

remember a happy sleeve is a good sleeve? is that right? ;)

take care

kathy