Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone remember or know where I can find a recipe for crustless pizza? I know of the Eggface pizza bites but those are egg-based and don't sit well in El Sleevo. I'm craving the taste of pepperoni and the gooeyness of cheese ...

If I want pepperoni and cheese, I simply put a couple of pepperoni on a paper towel with a little shredded cheese and either microwave them or cook them in a small non-stick skillet until the it's all hot. That gives you the pizza flavors without the crust. I've done that with quite a few things. I just create a non-bread version of it. I really liked roast beef sandwiches before surgery, so now I make roast beef rollups with a couple of slices of roast beef, swiss cheese and a pickle! One of those is lunch a couple of times a week for me. I use sweet pickles, but you can use any kind you like, or substitute olives (green or black) if that's your preference.

I actually ate a Peanut Butter and banana sandwich on one of those mini bread rounds the other day. It was really good and was just the carb boost I needed before I worked out!

Good luck! :)

I want to try this one but I haven't yet. I won't make my own sauce. I'm going to just buy a jar of pizza sauce and use reduced fat cheese. If you try this recipe let me know how it turns out.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Low-carb-high-protein-pizza-with-homemade-sauce/?ALLSTEPS

I was out getting new glasses the other day and I had to wait 2 hours for them to be ready. Instead of driving 20 miles back home I decided that I would just grab something for lunch. I have been very hungry for pizza and there is a Cici's close by. I decided that this would be the place. I went in and had just a little lettuce with some dressing. I told them that I could not eat the crust and it seemed a waster to scrape the toppings off and throw the crust away. They said they could make me a crustless pizza. They took a round pan and put down some pizza sauce. They asked me what toppings I wanted and I chose sausage, mushrooms, onions, black loives and cheese. It was the best and I am sure that this can be made at home in any oven proof bowl or pain. It was about 8 inches across the pan and I could come nowhere close to eating the entire thing. I brought it home and had it for another meal the next day. Pretty good for $4.99

I was just saying last night to a friend that my family likes the pan style crust,I like and "need" the thin kind,she said use a tortilla. I want to try a high Fiber.< /p>

Yes, a flour tortilla will work and you can even use the whole wheat type or other flavors.

You can also make a pizza using the "Flat Out" whole wheat products. I see them at the grocery, but have purchased them at costco. They are like a thin bread wrap for sandwiches. You can crisp the Flat Out in the oven and then add your favorite pizza toppings and bake. The Flat Out is very thin. If you can eat a cracker, you can probably eat a Flat Out. We used them for pizza even before surgery. I've been meaning to make "pizza" again, but it just seems like too much trouble for a few bites. :-(

I forgot about Eggface's tortilla pizzas, I may try those, but I'm really trying to cut out all unnecessary carbs right now, sort of a back-to-my-roots carb cleanse. @ SweetP, I've got all the ingredients for that at home right now, I will make it for dinner and report back!

If you get the turkey pepperonis, a quick low-fat pizza recipe I used from my old Atkins days was:

Line an Iron skillet with pepperoni (overlap them a bit if you like). Put in hot oven for 5 minutes or so.

Lightly pat with paper towel to remove any excess grease.

Put sauce on top of pepperoni "bread" and add your pizza toppings and cheese. (I liked to sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the mozzerella cheese.)

Put back in oven and cook until cheese turns a nice golden brown.

Remove from oven, cut into slices and enjoy! (# of slices is dependent on how big your skillet is. I had a very small personal size that I used & could probably eat the whole thing.