Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery 3/26/12....new To Vsg

Hello...I started this journey 2 yrs to go with my wife, she was approved and I wasn't. She has lost over 100 lbs with a sleeve, now it is my turn. I have weighed up to 318 lbs now i way 298, due to a 3 week LQD. My surgery is Monday and i am getting nervous, I keep thinking how much less i will be able to eat, but that is why I am here! Well I am going to go now. Hope to meet new people going through the same thing!

I was 330 lbs a month ago before surgery. I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and I'm now down to 285. Sounds like you are in a similar boat. Everyone gets scared before surgery. Here is what I wrote in my blog the night before my surgery. http://jfabulous43.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/talk-me-down-off-this-ledge/

Hang in there! We are here to support you.

Hi, guy! I'm right behind you with a surgery date of 3/28! I started the Kaiser Options program last November at 337 lbs and am now at 281. I'm setting a weight goal at around 210 (I'm 6'5"). I don't know about you but these last few days pre op are pretty tense. I just want to get it behind me at this point but I am looking forward to the journey and a new "normal" me. Best of luck on your surgery. Keep us posted about your progress!

My surgery is also 3/26. I am excited and nervous. This forum is wonderful. It's nice to hear other people's success stories.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thank's for the words of encouragement.

Hey lissam, good to hear you are the same as me....where is your surgery.

Thank you Sleeve 4 me.... My wife's story is similar to yours in the weight dept.

Top gun i know how you feel, Yes it is pretty intense, i feel like i'm making a mistake in a way.I am hungry!!!!! Be glad when this is over, Good luck with your surgery and Hope all is well after!!

I'm having surgery on Tuesday and I'm feeling nervous too.. Lol I guess being nervous is normal, I'm not thinking about what I won't be able to eat instead im thinking of how I will be able to control how much of what I eat. Good luck to you on Monday

lissam...Thanks for the kind words and good luck with yours

realwmnhavcurvs...I know how you feel and the Not eating was the hardest for me. I am having the same thoughts as you about how much can i eat when i get to eat. Good luck with your surgery on Tuesday and make sure you take Gas X strips you will need them!

Well it is 9:35 CDT and I have to be at the hospital at 5 am, kind of nervous. went to church saturday and got prayer on for this surgery and i do feel a little less stressed, I wish i could just eat 1 last time ,but i know that won't happen. Don't know if i will sleep due to getting up at 3am to shower and to get there on time! Well its time to say later till the next time i log on!

Hi congrats when you read this you will be groggy and recovering. Lol i am just under 1 week post op and down 25,pounds ( 10 preop) tye first night was ruff but walk asap and amap. Just sleep when you can and relax as much as you can. Everyday i get a step back tov100% recovery but skinnier. Anyway good luck happy sedation dreams and keep updating

Thank you all for the well wishes! The 1st morning, the barium swallow got me lightheaded and clammy, was sick all day and i was kind of regretting doing this.But after some pain meds and a nap i felt a whole lot better.Was in hospital for 3 days including surgery, i requested the extra net cause my left side was hurting big time!

Had no problem downing my Water on 1st day i was doing 1ounce shots back to back for 4 times than 15 minutes later i still could do 2 more, then 2 more and then 2 more no problems then i would take a nap. On checkout day Doctor came in and said i had an hernia and they fixed it and by looking at my drinking pattern he said i can start Phase 2 full liquids. Home now Wed!everything was good had 45 ounces of Isopure with 40 grams of Protein as my main drink, had a Popsicle, a taste of Tomato juice, a Jello , about 4 oz's of chicken broth! No problems!! Thank God!

took a 25 minute walk felt good, Thursday was very good no pain what so ever and basically repeated Wed.Went to bed Thursday nite and I woke up with my 7 yr old son kicking me in my left side while having dreams! Now on Friday left side very sore again . Well its been nice relaying my info to people who are going thru the same thing.Good night and God Bless!!